This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Probiotics And Parasites

glutenfreegirl

glutenfreegirl Enthusiast

Hi there

first off i am sorry if I am posting this in the worng thread I am still tring to figure that part out :)

I just wondered if many of you take probiotics to help heal or do you think they are just another expence?

also I have been told I have parasites probably from the years of bowel ups and downs has anyone else dealt with this is it ok to do a parisite cleans with celiac my naturalpath does not seem to know to much on celiac I am trying to find a good nutrtionalistin my area to help guide me right now I am so darn hungry all the time..

thanks in advance for any tips and help you are all so supportive

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Ursa Major Collaborator
Hi there

first off i am sorry if I am posting this in the worng thread I am still tring to figure that part out :)

I just wondered if many of you take probiotics to help heal or do you think they are just another expence?

also I have been told I have parasites probably from the years of bowel ups and downs has anyone else dealt with this is it ok to do a parisite cleans with celiac my naturalpath does not seem to know to much on celiac I am trying to find a good nutrtionalistin my area to help guide me right now I am so darn hungry all the time..

thanks in advance for any tips and help you are all so supportive

Many here have done the parasite cleanse by Open Original Shared Link, including myself. My naturopath read through the information I showed him, and told me it was better than what he had been using with his patients, and he was switching.

It is MUCH cheaper than any other parasite cleanse I have seen, and very effective. And yes, it is perfectly safe to do for somebody with celiac disease.

You really need to do a cleanse if you have parasites, or you won't get better.

ShayFL Enthusiast

Priobiotics are good for all of us. Just make sure they are gluten-free. It isnt a bad idea to do a parasite cleanse. Your naturapath doesnt offer this? That would be odd. A lot of peeps on here like Humaworm, but they arent shipping right now. You could try Renew Life Paragon. It is gentle.

Thanks ladies(?)

I was not sure if the whole parasite thing is a big scam my hubby thinks I need to do it to feel better too

Yeh my naturalpath does it but it is like pulling teeth to get her to do it for me??? my hubby thinks she worries that if I feel better between the gluten-free diet and the cleans that I will not see her as often and hence less $$ in her pocket cause for the last yr I have been seeing her weekly much $$$$ in her pocket mine on the other hand not so full any more...he-he-he

So you would recomend the parasite cleans and it is ok for my intestines even if I am C I am affraid it will back up more!!! sorry for too much info..:)

ShayFL Enthusiast

It will back up LESS!

Once a week....STOP!!!!....that is a co-dependent relationship....You shouldnt need to see a practitioner more than once a month at most. She is out for $$$ if she is the one having you come back weekly. Now if YOU are the one asking to come back weekly....then you cannot blame her. This is just my opinion. Of course do what feels best for you. :)

The cleanse will help your C. No worries.

Best of luck with it and keep us posted!

It will back up LESS!

Once a week....STOP!!!!....that is a co-dependent relationship....You shouldnt need to see a practitioner more than once a month at most. She is out for $$$ if she is the one having you come back weekly. Now if YOU are the one asking to come back weekly....then you cannot blame her. This is just my opinion. Of course do what feels best for you. :)

The cleanse will help your C. No worries.

Best of luck with it and keep us posted!

I totally agree with you it usually was me as I had been feeling so terrible and scared she gave me a lot of support and an ear to listen my GP has taken an indefinite leave....so she was out but yeh for me it has been 3 weeks and I have not made an apt except that I am thinking of seeing her to take me throught the cleanse I always have these weird reactions to things escpecially foods (this all just started in the last year) like asthma breathing and anxiety but the more I have been reading and learning this is also symptoms of both Gluten issues and parasites!!!! thank you for your honest opinion I would not have asked if i wanted fluff :) it is great to hear...

mirabella Apprentice

I also have also mentioned under pre diagnosing, I have just started taking probiotics and essentual enzymes. I believe it is working??? but I also get soooo hungry. I take a couple bites and get nausea.

Did parasites show up on a test? Is that why you get so hungry?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

I also have also mentioned under pre diagnosing, I have just started taking probiotics and essentual enzymes. I believe it is working??? but I also get soooo hungry. I take a couple bites and get nausea.

Did parasites show up on a test? Is that why you get so hungry?

Hi there

Well not on the celiac testing but I had a blood analysis done and I could actualy see them there myself it was very interesting actually and apparently they will leech

all of our nutrition from us unless we kill them off but with everything else feeling weird I am affraid to attack them too incase they make me feel worse it is day 3 gluten-free and I am having a good day and do not want to make it a bad day!!! he he

mirabella Apprentice
Hi there

Well not on the celiac testing but I had a blood analysis done and I could actualy see them there myself it was very interesting actually and apparently they will leech

all of our nutrition from us unless we kill them off but with everything else feeling weird I am affraid to attack them too incase they make me feel worse it is day 3 gluten-free and I am having a good day and do not want to make it a bad day!!! he he

:o

WOW! that would creep me out seeing them. I would be worried too. BUT I would want to get them out of me! The nutritionist said this would not hurt a bit to do the cleanse even if my test was negative.

Archived