Get email alerts Celiac.com E-Newsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Celiac.com E-Newsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Yummy Risotto Pie

6 posts in this topic

I made this pie this evening... and it was SOOOO good that I had to share. For the record, I'm vegetarian... but for the time being, still consume eggs and dairy. This gluten free vegetarian dish contains both, so it's lacto-ovo.

My husband even liked it.... so, I consider it a HUGE success!! =)

I got the recipe from The Gluten Free Vegetarian Kitchen by Donna Klein.

Zucchini Risotto with Rosemary and Marinara

* 1 1/2 cups arboria rice

* 2 tblns extra-virgin olive oil

* 2 large onions, finely chopped

* 3 medium zucchini, chopped

* 3 tablespoons fresh rosemary (or 1 tablespoon dried)

* 2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped

* salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste

* 3 eggs, lightly beaten

* 3/4 cup freshly shredded parmesan cheese

* 1/4 cup skim milk (I used rice milk, because I don't drink cows milk....)

* 3 cups gluten free marinara sauce

* Fresh Rosemary sprigs (optional)

Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease 10-inch quiche dish or pie plate.

In a large stockpot filled with boiling salted water, boil rice for 8 minutes and drain well.

In a large non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions and cook - stirring until softened. Add zucchini, 2 tablespoons of the rosemary, garlic, salt, and pepper; cook, stirring for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.

Add rice, eggs, 1/2 cup of the cheese, and milk to the skillet; mix well to thoroughly combine. Transfer to pie plate. Bake, uncovered, for about 35 minutes, or until set and beginning to brown. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake for 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.

Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, bring the marinara sauce and remaining rosemary to a simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Cover, remove from heat, and let stand for 10 minutes to allow flavors to blend.

To serve, cut the pie into 6 equal pieces. Ladle equal portions of marinara onto each of 6 serving plates and top with a piece of pie. Serve at once, garnished with fresh rosemary sprigs, if desired.

(6 main-dish size servings, or 8 side-dish servings)

*Lacto-0vo.

Ads by Google:
B) rosemary is my favorite herb!

Mine too, I just love it. Of course, I was accused of "overdoing it" with this recipe, but hey.... it was called for, imo! =)

Oh yum!! I love risotto! Too bad I would be the only one who would eat that in our house! The rest of my fam won't touch zucchini. :(

Oh yum!! I love risotto! Too bad I would be the only one who would eat that in our house! The rest of my fam won't touch zucchini. :(

If you chop it up really small.... would they even know it was there?? =)

I didn't peel mine first...and I left it in rather large chunks, so it was easy to see. However, if you peeled it... and chopped it, they'd never know. I have a pic of it on my "foodie blog" - I took it when it came right out of the oven. Have a peek! goodnessandgoodies.blogspot.com

Ads by Google:

B) rosemary is my favorite herb!

They used to serve rosemary roasted potatos at the kitchen where I used to work EVERY SINGLE DAY so I don't like rosemary anymore. Sigh....