• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Celiac.com E-Newsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsCeliac.com E-Newsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts   What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet What if my doctor won't listen to me? An Open Letter to Skeptical Health Care Practitioners Gluten-Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Toronto's National Post Article

7 posts in this topic

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

I know I'm really picky about these articles--probably unfairly, as the author might not understand celiac as well if he/she don't have it. But the little things bother me: the "are you eating wheat-free...you're not alone" thing at the beginning for a few reasons: 1) It's also rye, barley, and all forms of these ingredients (malt, spelt, triticum, etc.). 2) It makes it sound like eating gluten-free is the same as eating low-carb.....

It's good to get the word out, though, maybe someone will look up celiac disease and learn more or get a diagnosis. I'm just...very picky/stringent about the details

Oh, by the way, thank you for sharing with us :). I like to read these

Summer time is coming, and with it will be the barbecues at friends houses. I will eat my hamburger with no bun, using a knife and fork, and the ladies will ask me how I like doing the Atkins diet. I will then show them the huge mound of salad on my plate, and educate someone else on Celiac Disease. Articles like this one at the very least get the name of the disease out into the public eye!

Yes--and at least this article doesn't mention someone like that celebrity (in another post) who eats the insides of sandwiches...this gives accurate information, rather than forming an image that falsely portrays the restrictions, difficulty, and importance of contamination.

Ads by Google:

I like the fact that they mentioned that also thick people can have celiac, not only thin people. Some things are said a little stupid, but to be honest. This is the best-written celiac article (from a layman probably) I ever saw so far. We're getting more publicity. Woohoo :lol:

Hugs, Stef

During my more confused moments, I ate the insides of sandwiches :blink::unsure::(

But then - I'm not famous !!! :D:lol:

(Sorry :unsure: )