This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

You May Already Know About The Mercury In Fillings...

mr. moore

psawyer Proficient
Again, don't just read stuff on a website and assume that you will feel better by doing this. Its very dangerous.

Do not take anyone's word for anything....do some good research before making rash decisions that could worsen your situation.

:o There is a lot of good information to be found online. There is also a lot of utter garbage on the 'net. Be careful, and investigate before you act.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rachel--24 Collaborator
well if it moves the mercury away from my brain then that's good right? i'd rather be chubby or have a rash and be able to process things sanely then have a bunch of crap in my brain. and what were those links for? if i go out and buy one of those heavy duty heavy metal detox things, knowing it might A) not work B) give me some reliefe or C) move the mercury and drop it elsewhere, it still seems more beneficial then letting it just STAY there. you know what i mean? unless mercury that moves even in your body heats up, in which case i read it releases more. but that goes back to the whole "thank god it's away from my brain" thing. i dunno. im reading and watching this thing on youtube where it shows mercury as a shadow in front of a green background. crazy stuff!

I think you're probably watching the "Smoking Tooth" video. The visual really affected me the first time I saw it.....which was in the waiting room of a biological dentist.

Moving mercury from its storage places is not benefical unless you have alot of support for your organs and your body is able to excrete it. Yes, you can pull mercury from your brain and if it has nowhere to go it will most likely end up BACK in your brain (not good!).

Also, you may pull mercury from other areas of your body which then may be redistributed and the body has to find another place to store it. That other place could end up being your brain. You end up with more problems then you started with if things go wrong.

People sometimes end up damaging organs (kidneys and liver especially) by doing things without seriously looking into it first.

purple Community Regular
ok guys,im offically ready. im so embarressed about the ridiculous stuff ive been through but now i know what's been wrong with me. ok tomorrow im going to this health food store elsewhere and im (well im prolly gonna see if a dentist is open, i highly doubt it, those mercury liars) im gonna buy this stuff i saw on that website posted called: DMSA and NAC, Milk Thistle, Cilantro.

this is the last odd ball goofy theory that im backing up. i just, again, want some temporary relief. anyone can pm but don't warn me because ive had enough of THAT lol.

Here is yet another link I just found. It is a question and answer site that may help.

Open Original Shared Link

From what I have been reading and I am no doc,

1. do what Rachel said, she has experienced this before

2. have patience, it takes awhile to get better

3. get your body healthier by eating right, fresh is best, organic is better, then your body will be healthier to detox the mercury and other toxins, eliminate all junk

4. go to a doc that knows what he's doing, natural doc preferably, get tested for mercury toxicity

5. get the amalgams out

6. follow your docs orders

7. meanwhile keep researching

Don't mess with mercury nor what you can buy and try to "fix" yourself, it may make matters worse, esp. if you are mercury toxic.

I was just reading about a lady scientist that died from 2 drops of mercury that spilled on her glove. It took 15 seconds to go thru the glove and into her skin and into the blood.

mr. moore Explorer

i don't really have a life. see ever since i started my"research" 7 months ago after i got out of the hospital, i found more and MORE freakin questions, not answers. i don't like being around people that isn't my family because they seem so random, and i am always distracted by music going on in my head and colors being too bright (i work at a place that is entirely red and white, sometimes im trying to keep up with this very obvious stoner and im like staring at my boss's red shirt). basically, even with glasses on after working out, and eating right, and under the effect of anti anxiety, antidepressants, and adhd meds, i honestly have a hard time with the situation at hand, like basically understanding wtf is going on. even right now. everything is kind of spacey and for some reason my hands are always like 50 degrees colder than the rest of my body!! im too fuzzy to even read a book! when i sit in a chair and just think, it's like a vacuum cleaner is on right next to you so no matter what you never hear silence. and and and and...ok im done.

have you guys heard of these emo kids? they are such bullsh**ters! O.O

so, i don't even talk to my shrink anymore! the one person who could help me, i find myself talking like a zombie "yeah, uh huh. oh yeah?" just to sound effin alive. all the money ive spent on shrinks when it could of been in my teeth not in my head.

no mam, im not sexually repressed. im excersizing yes, eating right, expressing myself, sociallizing. ok see ya next week! (whoa, what just happened dylan? you were sitting nodding your head, then your outside walking to your car. look...snow! man this is 19? i thought it'd be funner)

what IS there to do when you are a zombie all the time and you are in a world where zombies aren't allowed?

and should i worry about this article? i think it's aimed at the doctors not necessarilly the poisoning effect: Open Original Shared Link

again what do you guys do when you feel like zombies?

mr. moore Explorer
Here is yet another link I just found. It is a question and answer site that may help.

From what I have been reading and I am no doc,

1. do what Rachel said, she has experienced this before

2. have patience, it takes awhile to get better

3. get your body healthier by eating right, fresh is best, organic is better, then your body will be healthier to detox the mercury and other toxins, eliminate all junk

4. go to a doc that knows what he's doing, natural doc preferably, get tested for mercury toxicity

5. get the amalgams out

6. follow your docs orders

7. meanwhile keep researching

Don't mess with mercury nor what you can buy and try to "fix" yourself, it may make matters worse, esp. if you are mercury toxic.

I was just reading about a lady scientist that died from 2 drops of mercury that spilled on her glove. It took 15 seconds to go thru the glove and into her skin and into the blood.

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!!

it really is, as long as the knowledge is not based on delusion (which in my case it cannot be)

rachel, if i did it like how they said it here, would it still be safe to use?: (from her link)

Q: What is the proper dosage and administration schedule for DMSA and LA?

The dosage is less important than the administration schedule. If you remember nothing else about this FAQ, remember this: DMSA or LA must be given in small, frequent doses (every 3-4 hours, even at night) over several days to be effective. Infrequent dosage will just stir up the mercury and redistribute it in the body, making your child sicker. For DMSA or LA, start with 1/8 to

purple Community Regular
KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!!

it really is, as long as the knowledge is not based on delusion (which in my case it cannot be)

rachel, if i did it like how they said it here, would it still be safe to use?: (from her link)

Q: What is the proper dosage and administration schedule for DMSA and LA?

The dosage is less important than the administration schedule. If you remember nothing else about this FAQ, remember this: DMSA or LA must be given in small, frequent doses (every 3-4 hours, even at night) over several days to be effective. Infrequent dosage will just stir up the mercury and redistribute it in the body, making your child sicker. For DMSA or LA, start with 1/8 to

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Dylan, alot of people have felt the way that you're feeling. I felt that way. There was a time that I could not read because I could not retain any info. and like you said "everything was fuzzy". I would sit for hours and find myself just starting at the same page....so I would never really get past the first paragraph. I would zone out and find myself just staring at the wall and this would go on and on and on....everyday.

I still space out sometimes but nothing like that....and only for brief periods of time.....because I ate something I shouldnt have eaten. I let my body recover and the effects pass pretty quickly.

Mercury messes up how your body functions so that its unable to handle things the way that it should. Hormones, enzymes, detoxification, neurotransmitters, vitamins, minerals, etc....everything can be thrown out of whack. This is why your hands feel cold. You might need thyroid hormone and/or iodine to improve that. A non-conventional doctor (who is knowledgeable about mercury) can help you figure it all out.

You need to get your body so that it is functioning better before you can worry about detoxing mercury. Get some things back in balance. Remove toxins from the diet....eat organic as much as possible like Purple said.

A doctor can test your thyroid, iodine, neurotransmitters, etc. to see where any defciencies or imbalances are. The problems that mercury causes are intracellular....which is why you can feel the way you feel and yet the conventional doctors dont find anything seriously wrong in their tests. Try to find a doctor who understands what to look for.

I would not recommend following the protocol that you posted about (I think its Cutler's protocol?) because you are not in a good place for that right now. Also, you still have fillings! I'm sure you must have read that chelation is NOT safe for people who still have fillings. You dont want to burden your body with even MORE mercury.....you want to start clearing out toxins first (diet!) and then look into removing the fillings. You cant get on a protocol like this while you still have the fillings.

Knowledge is power....I couldnt agree more! Get yourself informed. Do alot more research. Not having enough knowledge can be hazardous to your health. Chelation while still having fillings in your mouth can be hazardous to your health.

There is alot to think about and to work on before starting chelation. You need support in alot of areas before your body can handle that. Parents who are treating their kids using a protocol like the one you mentioned typically are working with doctors and have done many things to prepare for it. The kids DO NOT have fillings in their mouth.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

home-based-mom Contributor

Let me add that it took you 19 years to get to where you are and it is not realistic to expect to regain your helath in 19 minutes, 19 hours, 19 days, etc.

It is going to take time.

It sounds to me that the methods you are considering will do you great harm. Adding dangerous and potentially toxic substances to a body that is already overloaded with toxins is only going to make you feel worse, not better.

You admit that you are not thinking clearly. You admit you are looking because you don't know what to do.

The people here who have advised you are thinking clearly and have given you good advice. It appears that your "shrink" is using methods that are not helpful to you. Find a doctor who knows what you are dealing with and knows how to help.

Follow Rachel's advice as to what kind of a doctor to seek. Rachel has "been there, done that" and is freely sharing her experience in order to help you.

You would be wise to accept her advice. Spend you internet search time searching for the right doctor. PM Rachel. Maybe her doctors know of someone in your home area you can try.

Blessings on your quest for health.

Tim-n-VA Contributor

Do all fillings contain mercury or is there a date range where all contained mercury and another range where non contain mercury with perhaps a transition range?

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Do all fillings contain mercury or is there a date range where all contained mercury and another range where non contain mercury with perhaps a transition range?

All silver fillings (amalgam) contain mercury. From my understanding the formula was changed sometime in the early 70's and this made the fillings less stable....so that more mercury is released from those fillings. As far as I know nothing has changed since then except that more dentists are starting to not use them.

mr. moore Explorer

should i visit a toxicologist to see that this even IS my probem? like test my blood? i already know my doctor will give me the its all in your head shtick. i hope insurance covers amalgam removal too...is there something i can do that might effect me positively that wil tell me that it's mercury?

mr. moore Explorer

cause i will be so sad if it isn't mercury, ironically. it'll be the end of my health quest! ive literally exhausted everything that can cause what i've been complaining about.

purple Community Regular
All silver fillings (amalgam) contain mercury. From my understanding the formula was changed sometime in the early 70's and this made the fillings less stable....so that more mercury is released from those fillings. As far as I know nothing has changed since then except that more dentists are starting to not use them.

I read the same thing. Worse after the early 70's. I read that someone was healed after their root canal was removed. Someone else felt better after their amalgams were removed but then felt bad again and they found 2 more amalgams that were overlooked.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
should i visit a toxicologist to see that this even IS my probem? like test my blood? i already know my doctor will give me the its all in your head shtick. i hope insurance covers amalgam removal too...is there something i can do that might effect me positively that wil tell me that it's mercury?

Mercury toxicity is one of the most difficult things to diagnose. There is no easy way to determine whether or not a person is toxic from mercury. It doesnt stay in the blood for very long before the body stores it away....therefore bloodtests cant be used except for acute mercury poisoning. Acute poisoning is different.....this is what killed the woman who spilled a couple drops on her gloves. Mercury from amalgams would be a chronic situation....not acute poisoning. No high levels of mercury would be found in the blood.

There are different tests that can be used as tools....but they cant rule out mercury toxicity if no mercury is seen in the results. Hair analysis and provoked urine tests are commonly used. Another test that is being used more recently is a porphyrin test.....which can be a "marker" for mercury toxicity.

The ones who cant excrete mercury are the ones who are very toxic....and these are also the ones who tend to show little to no mercury in test results. If the body has a hard time detoxing mercury its not gonna be showing up in big amounts with these tests.

I had almost no mercury showing up in my hair analysis. I also had 3 urine tests (follwing chelation).... I did have mercury showing up in all of these tests but not in significant amounts. There was no test result that screamed mercury toxicity.

My doctors had to figure out whether mercury is truelly the problem...and if it is...why is it not being excreted. The two biggest reasons are chronic infections and genetic weaknesses. I have both of those issues...but the genetic weaknesses that I have seem to have set me up for toxicity and infection.

Unfortunately, there's no simple test......if there was we wouldnt have so many doctors and dentists out there denying that mercury is harmful.

A person who represented the dentist that drilled out my fillings told me (very honestly) that even if I am extremely mercury toxic as a result of exposure from the work done in their office....there is absolutely no way to prove it. Even if my body is loaded with mercury there is no way to directly link it to fillings....or anything else. Mercury comes from many sources. Also, even if my body is loaded with mercury there is no way to directly link it to any health problems that I'm now having.

Everything she said is true....its a very difficult thing to determine and its impossible to directly link mercury in the body to a specific health problem.

Even though my tests didnt show it....I always felt very strongly that it was the problem. I wasnt sick prior to my dental work....and then I was suddenly sick in a way that was incomprehensible to me.

I had to take many tests to rule other things out (or in). I saw 4 different alternative doctors who tested me energetically for heavy metals among other things (using different methods). Every one of them identified mercury as the biggest factor in my health problems. All doctors agreed that it was there.....but not coming out. We started looking into the genetic aspect and ordering those tests (a last resort because chelation was not effective for me) and the genetics indicated that I have alot of issues which significantly impair detoxification. I have also had urine tests and blood tests that have identified problems with detoxification.

There is lots of evidence that my body's ability to excrete mercury is impaired....although at this point we have yet to see large amounts of mercury coming out.

A toxicologist (or any mainstream doctor) will not be able to help you with this. You need to see someone who understands what mercury does in the body, how to test for it, how to interpret results that are not straight forward, and who has alot of experience with chelation, etc.

I prefer to see doctors who are primarily treating autistic kids.....because many of them do have alot of success with working around genetic issues and getting the mercury (and other metals) out. All of my doctors have alot of experience working with autistic kids. Personally, I wouldnt choose a doctor who isnt knowledgable with regards to the most effective treatments available for autism (including diets).

purple Community Regular

I read today about many of the things Rachel just posted. I will add that if you find a doc very knowledgeable about lyme disease, he would probably be good too. Mercury and lyme can go hand in hand like autism does. I also just read that mercury needs to come out slowly not with mega doses of chelation. The guy also said he didn't believe chlorella is so good either. It pays to find a good doc and to do lots of research.

mr. moore Explorer
I read today about many of the things Rachel just posted. I will add that if you find a doc very knowledgeable about lyme disease, he would probably be good too. Mercury and lyme can go hand in hand like autism does. I also just read that mercury needs to come out slowly not with mega doses of chelation. The guy also said he didn't believe chlorella is so good either. It pays to find a good doc and to do lots of research.

wait chlorella i just BOUGHT that. and the charcoal. what about vitamin c i always hear good stuff about it. o happy new years!

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I read today about many of the things Rachel just posted. I will add that if you find a doc very knowledgeable about lyme disease, he would probably be good too. Mercury and lyme can go hand in hand like autism does.

Yes, all of the doctors that I see are also LLMD's (Lyme Literate Medical Doctor's). The majority of autistic kids do test positive for Lyme. Its important to see a doctor who is knowledgaeble on all fronts. There are many LLMD's out there who are not so knowledge about heavy metals and have no experince with chelation.....which is why I wouldnt recommend someone who's main focus is treating Lyme. Not every doctor who is treating Lyme understands that mercury and lyme are partners in crime. Many of them do not address mercury at all.

I also just read that mercury needs to come out slowly not with mega doses of chelation. The guy also said he didn't believe chlorella is so good either. It pays to find a good doc and to do lots of research.

That would be Cutler. He is against some of the things that have been most effective for many doctors. He is a scientist and not a medical doctor. He knows alot but he doesnt have experience actually treating patients. The protocol that he recommends is what worked for him. There is no protocol that will work for everyone because we are all unique.

Some people have good results following his recommendations and some do not.

The best Dr.'s are the ones who look at each patient as an individual. Treatment is based on that person's specific needs....which may be completely different from another patient who has the same conditions. You can have 2 individuals with mercury toxicity and the same infections....and yet they require completely different supplements, different diets, different method of chelation, etc. etc.

This is because we are all different genetically and we have different reasons for developing these issues. The reason that I became mercury toxic can be completely different from another person who is also mercury toxic. The treatment that works for me can be the wrong treatment for the next person....they may get worse because they are not doing what they're body requires.

Any doctor who says that one protocol works for all of his patients probably doesnt have much experience....or he is not being honest. I have not ever seen one method of chelation or one method of anything that works fotr everyone with regards to detoxing mercury.

Juliebove Rising Star

Cilantro isn't spicy. If you like it, you'll think it has a "fresh" taste to it. It's really good in fresh salsa or sprinkled on Mexican foods. However, some people think it tastes like soap.

I tried growing my own herbs and while I always liked cilantro, I did NOT like the stuff I grew. It tasted like soap! For the first time, I knew what those cilantro haters were talking about. The only thing I could think of was that when I picked it, some of it had gone to seed. However I have talked to others who grow it, said they have harvested when it went to seed and it didn't taste like soap. So I don't know.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
wait chlorella i just BOUGHT that. and the charcoal. what about vitamin c i always hear good stuff about it. o happy new years!

With chlorella you need to be sure that it is pure. In nature algae, yeast and molds have the highest ability to absorb heavy metals. Chlorella can absorb mercury in the environment. Brands that are not pure and not tested for mercury are not the best choices. It doesnt mean that this mercury will be released into your system but any mercury passing through would be a stress to your body/immune system.

Chlorella is used as a binder which absorbs mercury in the gut and it is then excreted via stool. You need to not have constipation issues when taking either chlorella or charcoal (they basically do the same thing which is to absorb toxins in the gut).

Some people dont tolerate chlorella and if you are sensitive to sulfur the chlorella may not go over well. I do not tolerate chlorella at all...but alot of people do great with it. If you try it....just dont take alot of it. Try a small amount (like one tablet) to see how you respond. If you feel like you can tolerate it then gradually increase...but only in small amounts. If you react to it then stop taking it.

I had a bunch of energetic testing that all said chlorella was not good for me. I decided to try it anyway and I ended up vomiting...so my body really did not like it at all. Just pay attention to your body.

I would try charcoal first because it is more easily tolerated. Same thing...only start with 1 capsule. Dont try taking both binders....you only need one and if you react you will not know which caused the reaction.

Happy New Year!!

purple Community Regular
Cilantro isn't spicy. If you like it, you'll think it has a "fresh" taste to it. It's really good in fresh salsa or sprinkled on Mexican foods. However, some people think it tastes like soap.

I tried growing my own herbs and while I always liked cilantro, I did NOT like the stuff I grew. It tasted like soap! For the first time, I knew what those cilantro haters were talking about. The only thing I could think of was that when I picked it, some of it had gone to seed. However I have talked to others who grow it, said they have harvested when it went to seed and it didn't taste like soap. So I don't know.

My dh thought it tasted like soap. He likes it now. I HATE IT! Gross, don't come near me with it. I feel like a kid that has to wipe it off his tongue :lol: I think its b/c my many fillings don't want it in my mouth :blink:

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Dylan,

Feel free to pm me if you have any other questions or just need to chat. :)

mr. moore Explorer

i did.

and to everyone else, im going to see if i can get my fillings replaced this month. i mean i HAS to be it. no one else in my family has the problems ive had, and im also the only one with a mouthfull of metal besides my mom and aunts. will insurance cover it?

mr. moore Explorer

to show how i know how ridiculous this all is, here's a story i found:

mr. moore Explorer

i want to talk to my doctor about it but im sure after all the stuff ive been there for, she thinks im a hypochondriac.

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Dylan,

You started this thread with questions about mercury. Is this because you feel that it is part of your problem?? I cant tell you whether it is or isnt. However, if you feel that it is and if you feel like this is something that you need to pursue.....then I would encourage you to do so.

Dont ever let anyone tell you are wrong for feeling what you feel. Dont let anyone try to tell you that you're crazy for trying to come up with The Answer. We are all looking for that because we all DO want to get better. The fact that you are asking questions and looking for answers tells me that you really do want to improve your health. Thats a great thing. Like you stated earlier....knowledge is power.

Dont let the fact that many people will judge you for the efforts you make get in the way of your recovery. Those people are not informed and they dont understand. Its your body....not theirs. Do what you feel is best for YOU.....and dont let anyone's comments hold you back.

You know what you are dealing with even if most people cant wrap their heads around it. Dont allow your friends to put you down. You are trying to improve your health and good friends who care about you will be supportive....even if they dont totally understand. There are always going to be those people who will try to push you down...even as you are trying to get up......for whatever reason some people find joy in that. Dont let those people into your life.

Dont give up! You can get past this.

I'm stepping out of this thread because if I continue to post it will become very controversial and I dont want this thread to be taken from you. This information is for you....you asked the questions and I hope that you will continue to get answers. I will respond to your pm's as soon as I can. :)

Archived