This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

You May Already Know About The Mercury In Fillings...

mr. moore

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Erethism may only be from mercury poisoning, but 'excessive shyness, timidity and social phobia' could be a symptom of many things. I could find many of my personality/behavioral traits under autism. My physical symptoms can be found under lupus, lyme disease, MS..........the list goes on.

thanks Lisa, that's more what I MEANT to say ;)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
mr. moore Explorer

oh sorry dingo girl i thought you were implying the hormones thing again. or "unresolved issues". im pretty sure i don't have lupus or MS mostly because it's more common in women. anyways i just scheduled my appointement for the 19th. i don't know what i'm gonna expect i just hope they follow SOME procedure.

mr. moore Explorer

i guess that it's just a waiting game now. what questions should i ask before i get them replaced?

AndreaB Contributor

There are different protocols out there. It's hard to say what to do because everyone is different and has different needs of support for their body.

Have you looked at Open Original Shared Link

That website has some good info on it.

I was going to have my teeth done last fall but was unable too. I was given a protocol, but I won't say anything on that due to my first statement.

Your body would need support as well as help with the mercury that is stirred up during the removal (a toxin binder) for one. My protocol had me starting things a month ahead of when the first removal was. Read up on this and see what you can do to help you body deal with the additional mercury during this time. High protein and high veggie intake in very important, along with lots of water to flush the system.

mr. moore Explorer

im gonna use charcoal and chlorella since i get them out at the end of the month im sure it'll help some. then maybe cilantro?

AndreaB Contributor

Charcoal and chlorella are good if you tolerate them. I had tried chlorella once and it didn't go over well with me. I was muscle tested and put on another brand. It is very difficult to self treat for mercury as you can really mess up your body more if you don't detox well or your detox is sluggish.

I wouldn't recomment the cilantro because of that.

Charcoal needs to be taken away from other supps. I've never used it myself but that is what others have said.

It is very important to try and find a practitioner that can help you with this so you don't cause yourself more harm. Any naturopath's or holistic doctors near you? You need to weigh everything you're told. There is good and bad in both sides of medicine.

mr. moore Explorer

sorry andrea but i had to stop reading your post after you mentioned muscle testing. i had that done with neurofeedback and i never felt so intellectually insulted in all my life. just...just the idea of it.

anyways i have a question, and i hope i didn't drive rachel away with them: can you have a white filling that was done over an amalgam? i don't know if that's the case and i'll call my dentist (even though im already scheduled to get them replaced) but i have heard that they can do that.

muscle testing...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

purple Community Regular
sorry andrea but i had to stop reading your post after you mentioned muscle testing. i had that done with neurofeedback and i never felt so intellectually insulted in all my life. just...just the idea of it.

anyways i have a question, and i hope i didn't drive rachel away with them: can you have a white filling that was done over an amalgam? i don't know if that's the case and i'll call my dentist (even though im already scheduled to get them replaced) but i have heard that they can do that.

muscle testing...

We found out my dd was gluten intolerant thru muscle testing. There is a thread on here about it, if anyone wants to google it.

Dylan, you can PM Rachel, I am sure she would like to help you with any further questions.

AndreaB Contributor

I guess I should have clarified. I had ART done which is an advanced form of muscle testing developed in part by Dr Klinghardt. As with many doctors, some muscle testers are good and some are not. Sounds like you had a not.

As far as having white fillings put over the amalgam. I don't know about that. I know I have crowns over amalgam though, which I'll eventually replace.

Mother of Jibril Enthusiast

muscle testing...

I've had a couple of "silver" fillings replaced in the last three years. After the dentist drills out the original filling he or she can definitely replace it with a resin filling.

I don't think it's common to layer one filling over another... fillings deteriorate over time, so you need to keep an eye on them. Keep in mind that metal shows up easily on x-ray, so if (for some reason) you had one that was hidden it would definitely be possible to find it again.

rinne Apprentice
..... i never felt so intellectually insulted in all my life. just...just the idea of it.

What an odd expression Mr. Moore..... B)

There is more to healing than intellect, try thinking yourself off the toilet. :lol: Sorry if I seem rude but it seems to me so much of the grief we find ourselves in is precisely because of a kind of intellectual thinking that we can put any kind of poop that passes for food in our bodies and they will just keep running and running. NOT!

Oh, but even better for big pharma is that as poisoned as we are by this poop we need more poop from them to keep going, drugs to suppress our reactions to being poisoned. I think Ritalin falls into that category.

Recently a professor from a University in Saskatchewan published a book, using the government of Canada's own studies, showed the declining nutritional content of food in Canada. He was fired and the book removed from the library and bookstore.

So, not only poisoned but starved of real nutrients.

There is seriously messed up poop happening with our food supply. Do you ever wonder about these people who just lose it, kill themselves and others, do you even wonder about their diet and what medications they are on?

As for muscle testing, I tend to think it is as good as the tester. I look at it this way, there are no solids, what appears as solid to us is constantly in motion, that is the nature of the world. Did you know that end of our lives we carry DNA from others, that throughout our lives we literally meld with others and become a part of them and they a part of us?

Who is to say what is true and what is not, we must trust our own experience but in order to trust it we must know it and that requires paying attention with a mind and body awake and aware. That is difficult if we are sick.

Jestgar Rising Star

Please try to be a little more respectful of other's views. Human beings are incredibly complex, and what works for one person may not work for another.

Just because it doesn't work for you doesn't mean it's bad.

Jestgar Rising Star
Did you know that end of our lives we carry DNA from others, that throughout our lives we literally meld with others and become a part of them and they a part of us?

Do you have a reference for this statement?

rinne Apprentice
Do you have a reference for this statement?

Thanks for asking. :) I can't recall where I read that but your question sent me looking and I did find this article:

Open Original Shared Link

The team then measured total methylation changes in a different set of DNA samples collected from Utah residents of northern and western European descent. These DNA samples were collected over a 16-year span from 126 individuals from two- and three-generation families.

Similar to the Icelandic population, the Utah family members also showed varied methylation changes over time. But they found that family members tended to have the same kind of change-if one individual lost methylation over time, they saw similar loss in other family members.

"We still haven't concretely figured out what this means for health and disease, but as an epidemiologist, I think this is very interesting, since epigenetic changes could be an important link between environment, aging and genetic risk for disease," Fallin says."

Jestgar Rising Star

Oddly enough, I just read that paper. My student is doing an epigenetics project and we were discussing ways to measure methylation.

I think you've misinterpreted the results. What they found was that methylation changes over time cluster in families, which suggests a genetic component to methylation (rather than a purely environmental component).

It has nothing to do with who you associate with, it's a result of who you are genetically related to.

rinne Apprentice
Oddly enough, I just read that paper. My student is doing an epigenetics project and we were discussing ways to measure methylation.

I think you've misinterpreted the results. What they found was that methylation changes over time cluster in families, which suggests a genetic component to methylation (rather than a purely environmental component).

It has nothing to do with who you associate with, it's a result of who you are genetically related to.

Hi, you may well be correct but I am certain that I did read just that somewhere, but where? :huh:

What I took from the article above is that our DNA does change over our lives and that change may be affected by the environment, from there it is an easy leap for me to consider myself an environmental change. :lol:

How funny that you had just read this article. :)

Jestgar Rising Star

Technically speaking, your DNA does not change. Methylation is more of a masking event, like closing and opening curtains that allow a room to be viewed, or not. The room doesn't change, only access to it.

mr. moore Explorer
We found out my dd was gluten intolerant thru muscle testing. There is a thread on here about it, if anyone wants to google it.

Dylan, you can PM Rachel, I am sure she would like to help you with any further questions.

no i don't think she likes me. most of my questions dont make sense anyways.

mr. moore Explorer

i did the muscle testing with a neurologist who did the neurofeedback. she held my arm out and basically "asked it" if i needed this stuff called gabba. i had to say yes yes yes, or no no no, it didn't make sense. especially back then when i was a LOT more manic in finding a cure, i just felt like getting up and walking out the door.

Mtndog Collaborator
i did the muscle testing with a neurologist who did the neurofeedback. she held my arm out and basically "asked it" if i needed this stuff called gabba. i had to say yes yes yes, or no no no, it didn't make sense. especially back then when i was a LOT more manic in finding a cure, i just felt like getting up and walking out the door.

Sounds like you may have had a strange experience <_<:huh:

My Lyme doctor does muscle testing when I see him (every other month) and then does bloodwork to check the two against each other and it is bizarrely accurate.

Jestgar Rising Star

I think that your body knows things that can't necessarily be tested with current technology.

Check out some of the sites in this google search:

My problem with muscle testing is that it's very very subjective. You'd need a good practitioner, AND you'd need to be open to the possibility that it might work.

Sometimes you have to let go of conscious control of your body, and let it make the decisions.

mr. moore Explorer

hey guys i just found out im getting all my fillings (6) removed in one visit. here's two things im worried about:

1)my mouth is gonna kill.

2) i heard mercury could be increased but i also heard you should just get em all out right away. which im all for.

i just hope they're gentle because in the past, even on anesthesia i could feel some pain. my teeth are very sensitive. but it's for the best!

purple Community Regular

Another intersting link

ravenwoodglass Mentor
hey guys i just found out im getting all my fillings (6) removed in one visit. here's two things im worried about:

1)my mouth is gonna kill.

2) i heard mercury could be increased but i also heard you should just get em all out right away. which im all for.

i just hope they're gentle because in the past, even on anesthesia i could feel some pain. my teeth are very sensitive. but it's for the best!

This shouldn't really be that bad. I am 'caine' resistant and you may be also. Just let the dentist know if you feel anything and he will stop and give you more anesthetic. Take an asprin or aceteminophin or something along those lines if you are worrying about pain afterwards but you shouldn't really have any.

mr. moore Explorer
This shouldn't really be that bad. I am 'caine' resistant and you may be also. Just let the dentist know if you feel anything and he will stop and give you more anesthetic. Take an asprin or aceteminophin or something along those lines if you are worrying about pain afterwards but you shouldn't really have any.

how are you novacaine resistant is that possible?

Archived