This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Where's The Fiber

casnco

casnco Enthusiast

So I went yesterday and had my upper endoscopy and also a colonoscopy because I was still symptomatic. Of course results will be several weeks on the Celiac. But my doctor has told me if I do not increase the fiber in my diet I will probably end up with diverticulosis. Great, another dietary thing to worry about. I used to get plenty of fiber in my morning cereal and breads as well as fruit and vegtables. Now where do I get these from? Is it only from fruits and vegtables? Has anyone else had the same concerns? 25-30 grams of fiber a day from fruit and vegtables? That seems like so much when most fruits and vegtables I have looked up seem to have one or two grams in a medium piece of fruit.

Can anyone out there help me out. I want to take care of my body and keep from having more disorders.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and suggestions

Debbie <_<

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

tarnalberry Community Regular

Some things I often have that have a decent amount of fiber:

1 svng baby carrots (40cal) - 2g

1 small bell pepper (30cal) - 2g

1 cup cauliflower (25cal) - 2.5g

1/3 med onion (40cal) - 1.5g

1 small banana (90cal) - 2.5g

1 mango (135cal) - 3.5g

1 med pear (100cal) - 5g

1/2 cup blackberries (30cal) - 4g

1/2 cup kidney beans (110cal) - 8g

1/2 cup lentils (115cal) - 8g

Those particular 715 calories give you 39g of fiber.

The Open Original Shared Link can help you find the fiber content of other foods as well.

megzmc3611 Rookie

I found these crackers at Whole Foods called Casabe Rainforest Crackers...

They are gluten-free and have 5g of fiber per serving (5 crackers)...

They taste like melba toast...

The website where you can find them is www.fortitudebrands.com

Also I have one or two LaraBars a day. They have around 5 or 6g of fiber per bar and are gluten-free, dairy free, & soy free......with no added sugar. They are very tasty! I get them at Whole Foods as well. The website for info is

www.larabar.com

Just a couple ideas!

mopsie Newbie

I find the best source of fibre for me is split pea soup. That works better that anything, though carrots raw or cooked are good too.

Thomas Apprentice

I mix frozen berries with some protien, a little honey and milk in the morning for breakfast. It has a pretty good amount of fiber, and I make it into a kinda ice cream, though you can have it as a shake as well...

casnco Enthusiast

THanks to everyone who has offered advice. I will be looking for the crackers and the berrys with honey and milk sounds like a great breakfast. I checked out the USDA nutrition database. That is good information to have. Thanks to everyone. Its great to know if I need advice there are people willing to share.

Debbie :rolleyes:

plantime Contributor

I mix a teaspoon of ground flax into each meal. It works for me.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

kvogt Rookie

Dried apricots work wonders. Also prunes, plums, apples.

Archived