This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Threelac Probiotics For Candida

lisa25

lisa25 Rookie

Has anyone tried Threelac probiotics made by Global Health Trax for controlling candida? It says it is gluten free on the website and there a quite a few testimonials from people who have said it is the best product on the market, but I am always skeptical about stuff you order online. I remember someone saying they take NOW GR-8, but I saw on their website that it contains soy, I can't have soy.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Roda Rising Star

Hi

I was really suprised to see someone mention threelac. My youngest son has a terrible bowel yeast overgrowth from taking so many antibiotics. No I'm not one to take my kids for antibiotics for every little thing. I would make them do blood work just to make sure it was bacterial and not viral. He had so many issues. I had looked into threelac for him for his yeast problem, but eventually settled on something else he was already taking since it started helping. However, I had contacted them to send me more information on the product. It was alot of chemical stuff and testing information. I took it to someone that understood that kind of jargon and decided that it probably was an ok product, but the price and the fact the other stuff was working I did not buy it. I will be interested to know if you try it and keep us posted of how it works for you.

Gina C. Rookie

You need to do alot of research into that product before you try it.

I actually bought it from Amazon, then after doing some research into it, I found that it carries a strain of bacteria that is actually quite harmful to you (something about the strain being the same as the one that plagues hospitals and cannot be treated- causing patients major issues with infection and sometime death). I asked my naturopath about it and he said to stay clear of it.

I too was hooked by the great testimonials online, but you need to realize that this product is manufactured in Japan and is not regulated by the FDA. Also, this product is sold as a secondary market (many websites are trying to sell the product and make major profits) so the testimonials are to be read with a little caution.

Here is just one link I was able to easily find about that strain...

Open Original Shared Link

Good luck to you!

Gina

Mtndog Collaborator
Has anyone tried Threelac probiotics made by Global Health Trax for controlling candida? It says it is gluten free on the website and there a quite a few testimonials from people who have said it is the best product on the market, but I am always skeptical about stuff you order online. I remember someone saying they take NOW GR-8, but I saw on their website that it contains soy, I can't have soy.

Dyou mean Theralac? I take it as I am on antibiotics for Lyme. If it contains soy, try some of the nthe Intestinew products (available online but also at Whole Foods and health food stores). I've found their products to be excellent!

Juliebove Rising Star

My naturopath advises it, but I never tried it because if I recall correctly it seemed complicated and there was a diet that went along with it that seemed even more complicated. I bought Candex. It seems to work for me. I bought it at Fred Meyer but I have also bought it online. It's vegetarian and free of all common allergens. Hmmm... It does say it contains malt diatase. Not sure what that is. Might be gluten.

Roda Rising Star

lisa25

I just wanted to say when I looked into threelac it was over three years ago. I believe there has bee more research and reviews since then. Here is an interesting review that presents both the positive and negative aspects of threelac so consumers can make a better informed choice.

lisa25 Rookie

After reading about the Enterococcus Faecalis bacteria in the Threelac probiotics, I don't think I am going to try it. It sounds too scary! I am still deciding what to try. Maybe the Theralac, but not sure if the ingredient that comes from milk would make me react...dairy gives me sinus and ear infections...years of antibiotics for those is what makes me think I might have a problem with yeast. Right now I am gluten, dairy, and soy free. My reaction to even trace amounts of soy is just as bad as gluten.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

lisa25 Rookie
I remember someone saying they take NOW GR-8, but I saw on their website that it contains soy, I can't have soy.

I looked again today and the NOW GR-8 dophilus doesn't have soy...don't know what I was thinking, must have gotten confused with something else I looked up. It doesn't say it doesn't contain dairy, but none of the ingredients look like dairy. Maybe it will work.

• 4 months later...
Mona21 Newbie

Thanks for taking the time to help, I really apprciate it.

DVjorge Apprentice
Thanks for taking the time to help, I really apprciate it.

<a href="Open Original Shared Link Advertisement.com/bid799/global+health+trax.aspx" target="external ugc nofollow">Open Original Shared Link Advertisement.com/bid799/global+health+trax.aspx</a>

Threelac is well known around the world. It has been sold in Australia, Canada, UK, etc. The strain you think is dangerous is a different strain from that family. I believe is a very good product and probably the best so far to take candida to the right place. I don't sell Threelac. It is only what it has seen myself on it.

• 8 years later...
Tina Brown Newbie
On 1/7/2009 at 7:24 PM, lisa25 said:

Don't use Threelac, every single package has 20ppm gluten.  I bought it to use for candida outbreak.  I was originally told it was gluten-free.  I was instructed to use 2 packages per day.  I got horribly sick. I confused it was candida die off effect. I contacted an employee at the company.  I asked him specifically about gluten.  He told me yes, it had less than 20ppm. If you are doing the Candida flush,  then you are supposed to take 2 packages per day.  That means you are getting close to 40ppm gluten.  I am so sensitive that a bread crumb makes me ill. I tried their product for a week until I started feeling like I was going to die. 

If you are a true Celiac I wouldn't try it.  That is my advice anyway. 

Scott Adams Grand Master

If he told you it has less than 20 ppm he means that it is gluten-free, not that it contains 20 ppm. There is a big difference...you are interpreting a statement made by a manufacturer which includes the threshold to label a product "gluten-free" as though they add gluten to make sure that it is at that level. This is not what they meant when they told you that--they mean that it is gluten-free.

Ennis-TX Grand Master

I have been on antibiotics for over 7 months for a infection, ended up with candida issues, using this stuff I found on Amazon for it, I took the pills apart and tested the contents in a gluten testing kit. Came back gluten-free but here is what I am using Open Original Shared Link

Archived