• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Celiac.com E-Newsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsCeliac.com E-Newsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts   What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet What if my doctor won't listen to me? An Open Letter to Skeptical Health Care Practitioners Gluten-Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Anyone In Philippines?

5 posts in this topic

love to know, I'm not the only one who has DH in here...

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

love to know, I'm not the only one who has DH in here...

Well, better late than never. I have celiac and live in Philippines.

B

Well, better late than never. I have celiac and live in Philippines.

B

hi. My name is robbie, and my wife is gluten intolerant / has celiac disease. I also have a cousin with the same condition. But whereas my cousin is very disciplined and keeps away from gluten-based foods, my wife is not as disciplined. Honestly, it really irritates me. I know it is easier said than done, but I feel that celiac disease is not a sickness, but a condition. She should work around her condition, accpet it.

By the way, i am also from the Philippines. It is tough. There are not as many people with that condition here in the Philippines.

But I see celiac disease as a condition, not a sickness. One must accept and be strict with oneself.

By the way, i am also from the Philippines. It is tough. There are not as many people with that condition here in the Philippines.

But I see celiac disease as a condition, not a sickness. One must accept and be strict with oneself.

Sorry I did not see your post sooner! I agree it is a condition and you do have to be strict with yourself. Since I have been here I am noticing Philippines does not have strict laws about listing gluten in foods here so it is some trial and error for me.

Bk

Ads by Google:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Walter Scott

• Topics

• No anti-sm(lupus)? Yes, anti dsDNA is for SLE(lupus). No ENA panel,anti-RNP, anti-SS-A, anti-SS-B, anti histone, scl-70, etc? I'd ask for a referral, if you feel that there is something going on. I think that would be a logical step because of the positive ANA and lack of investigation. 1:640 is definitely positive. 
    • My MCH is always high too. Have some other oddities but doc always say labs are great as well. I dont think they ever really bother with the MCH. I'm also in testing and showed negative on the same ones you did. My IGA is fine though. As far as the other tests, maybe your girls GI can order or you could try your primary. 
    • Hi there!   I follow a low histamine diet that Cycling Lady brought to my attention a long time ago.  Citrus fruits and their juices are histamine releasing foods.  High histamine levels can cause hives just like in an allergic reaction.  Here's a helpful site:   https://www.histamineintolerance.org.uk/about/the-food-diary/the-food-list/ I don't drink orange juice because because of the hives and stomach upset I get from it, and also because I'm type two diabetic and my system can't handle all the sugars in it.  High glucose contributes to inflammation. I also avoid things with added flavors and scents because they often contain sulfur components like sulfites or sulfates.  Corn products are often processed with sulfuric acid.  Some Celiacs, like me, develop a sulfite sensitivity.  Here's a helpful site:  http://www.thepatientceliac.com/tag/celiac-disease-and-sulfite-intolerance/ Garlic and onions are high in sulfites.  People who can't tolerate foods high in sulfites are often deficient in a trace mineral, molybdenum.  Molybdenum is also involved in blood production.  Here's another site:  http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=nutrient&dbid=128 So, there's not always a simple answer.  I'm leary of processed foods because you don't really know how they're processed and what really goes into them.  I'd rather stick to fresh foods.  Hope this helps.
    • No, no, no!  Don't cut yourself off from your friends and social life because you feel you can't eat what everyone else is eating!  I can't think of a single bar or restaurant I've been to where I haven't found something to eat.  It may not always be what I would like to order/eat, but I'm not sitting without food while everyone else is eating!  If I'm going to a private party or someone's home where I'm concerned about food selection, I bring my own, tell the hostess and without making a big deal of it, eat what I brought.  Other times I eat a bit before I go, snack on the veggies or other obviously safe food,  and eat when I get home. If I go shopping for the day or somewhere that it's difficult to pick up a quick gluten-free snack, I put a piece of fruit or a gluten-free granola bar in my purse in case I get hungry.   It's only a big deal if you make it one.  I have been gluten-free for 7 years.  My attitude about food is now this:  eating out is strictly a social event. I always find something to order though at times it seems the gluten-free selections are kind of bland, but I won't go hungry.  If I want a good, tasty meal, I make it for myself at home.  There is nothing that I can't duplicate in my kitchen in a gluten-free version.   It's only been a couple of months for you so I'm hoping you will gradually see that this becomes such a way of life that you won't even give it a second thought.  Your meal prep will take less time as you grow accustomed to this--any new diet takes time to learn.  Good luck and hang in there!
  • Upcoming Events