This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Elizabeth Hasselbeck On Leno

MollyBeth

MollyBeth Contributor

Elizabeth Hasselbeck was on Leno last night. She has a new book coming out that is called "Cooking without the G." G meaning gluten. She has Celiac Disease. I didn't know that. The appearance was pretty disappointing. Leno cut her off pretty abruptly when she tried to go into talking about Celiac. Earlier in the interview thy did get in much about the election that has been over for months now. So much for discussing issues that are timely. Anyway...I think she said the book comes out on May 4th. Generally speaking I find her somewhat annoying but wouldn't mind seeing what she had to say about her life with Celiac and seeing some of her cooking tips.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

ohsotired Enthusiast

I've been looking forward to this book for a while now. I'm glad it will be available soon!

The actual title is "The Gluten-Free Diet: A Gluten Free Survival Guide" and it's due out May 4. I just checked the two big book sellers online and both have it available for pre-order.

That's disappointing that Leno cut her off when she tried to talk about it. :(

jerseyangel Proficient
That's disappointing that Leno cut her off when she tried to talk about it. :(

That is disappointing.

I was all set to watch, and fell asleep during the monologue <_<

MollyBeth Contributor

Yeah it was extremely disappointing. Naturally, I always perk up whenever I hear the word gluten or celiac on TV. He even went so far as to make jokes about it being a weight loss book on how to keep your g-spot or something lame like that. I think he thought it was just like another book about a fad diet or something. He'd obviously not done his research and had no clue what the book was about.

jerseyangel Proficient
He even went so far as to make jokes about it being a weight loss book on how to keep your g-spot or something lame like that. I think he thought it was just like another book about a fad diet or something. He'd obviously not done his research and had no clue what the book was about.

Bah! I realize it's an entertainment show, and I wouldn't expect an in depth discussion about Celiac or any other health issue, but too bad he had to turn the whole thing into a joke. I wish I had recorded it..... :angry:

Takala Enthusiast

She was doing publicity last year about going VEGAN on top of being gluten free, for weight loss, and since she's such a flake anyway, it hasn't helped her reputation.

It's very difficult to eat vegan and gluten free and get enough nutrients, it can be done, theoretically, but realistically, does she do it with her schedule and public appearances, and stay gluten- free ?

What good is a book if you need a chef to have enough time to prepare all your meals for you, if you get my drift.

lobita Apprentice

Hasselbeck isn't my favorite celeb either, but at least she does bring up celiac disease often. I've heard her mention it several times on "The View," back when I was able to watch it while working from home.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• 3 weeks later...
graphicsman1 Newbie
That is disappointing.

I was all set to watch, and fell asleep during the monologue <_<

I noticed in your closing that you had microscopic colitis.. I also was diagnosed with microscopic colitis 3 years after my celiac diagnosis. I wonder if that is common in the celiac community. Unfortunately, now I have gastroparesis. Maybe there is a connection to the 3 conditions.

PS Elizabeth Hasslebeck is ok...I do wish Leno had let expound a bit more. We need more people to speak out on behalf of people who live with gastric distress issues.

Kenny

celiac 8/03

microscopic colitis 4/06

gastroparesis 5/08

jerseyangel Proficient
I noticed in your closing that you had microscopic colitis.. I also was diagnosed with microscopic colitis 3 years after my celiac diagnosis. I wonder if that is common in the celiac community. Unfortunately, now I have gastroparesis. Maybe there is a connection to the 3 conditions.

Hi and welcome, Kenny--I sent you a PM :)

Archived