This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Csa Regional Conference - Dc Metro

mvineyard

mvineyard Explorer

***CSA/USA REGIONAL CONFERENCE, MARCH 27TH***

TYSON'S CORNER

CSA/USA Celiac Sprue Chapter #100

DC Metro Regional Conference & Dinner

March 27th 12:00pm - 8:30pm

Sheraton Premiere at Tysons Corner

8661 Leesburg Pike, Vienna, VA

Meeting Flyer can be downloaded at: Open Original Shared Link

Keynote Speakers:

COMPLICATIONS OF CELIAC DISEASE

Peter H.R. Green, M.D.

Director of the Celiac Disease Center at Columbia University

Professor of Clinical Medicine at Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons

"Mortality rates among adult Celiacs is about two to three times that of the general

population. In the first portion of Dr. Green's lectures, he will be discussing Celiac Disease's

relationship to mortality rates, it's autoimmune connection, fertility complications, and

related neurologic problems."

HEALTH BEYOND CELIAC DISEASE

Margaret Gill, M.D.

Mayo Clinic and Foundation Rochester, Minnesota Department of Family Medicine

"Dr. Gill lectures on her personal experiences as a Celiac and how to master the diet

--and follow it. She also provides medical guidelines for your health care provider on

monitoring your health and also discusses other preventative issues such as Cancer

screening guidelines (Breast, Colon, Cervical, Prostate, Lung and Ovarian), Osteoporosis

and Immunizations."

GLORIOUS GRAINS

Anne Roland Lee, MSEd, RD, Nutritionist, Celiac Disease Center Columbia University, New York

"Anne's research recently published in the American Journal Of Dietetics on the

"Effects of the Gluten-Free Diet on the Quality of Life of Individuals with Celiac Disease"

and her Nutritional Assessment Tools developed for dietitians to use while counseling patients

with celiac disease, provides for an insightful lecture on nutritional concerns with an emphasizes

on the nutrient benefits of the variety of grains available at the marketplace.

SPRING-TIME CUISINE: NATURALLY GLUTEN-FREE!

Glutenfreeda.com's chef, Jessica Hale

Explore delicious, wonderful naturally gluten-free foods this spring without shopping by mail

order or hunting down those products that are sometimes, if not always, difficult to find.

Glutenfreeda.com's chef, Jessica Hale, invites you into her "kitchen" to share some helpful tips

on how to enjoy living on a gluten-free diet. In this class we will demystify a classic Italian

dish and prepare a mouth-watering springtime entree and dessert perfectly suited for your entire

family or even special dinner guests.

Reserve your spot in this fun and informative class today! (fee for cooking class)

THE BASICS OF GLUTEN FREE BAKING

Lee Tobin, Whole Foods

In his lecture, Lee will discuss the basics of gluten-free baking, and give an update on

the gluten-free baking program that he is developing at Whole Foods Market.

Conference attendees who are interested in attending a tour of the grocery aisles at the local Whole

Foods Market at 143 Maple Ave. East Vienna, VA at 10:00am before the sessions begin, please email

Lee at: lee.tobin@wholefoods.com

***CHILDREN'S PROGRAM*****

CHILDREN'S EDUCATIONAL WORKSHOP

Nancy Patin Falini, MA, RD, LDN

Author of "Gluten-Free Friends An Activity Book for Kids"

All children who register by March 15th and attend the workshop, will receive a free copy of Nancy's

"Gluten-Free Friends An Activity Book for Kids", compliments of the CSA/USA Inc.

"Breakfast", "Lunch", "Dinner" and "Snacks"

Jessica Hale, GlutenFeeda.com

Chef Jessica Hale will discuss and prepare Kid's favorite foods

***SPECIAL PRESENTATION****

CELIAC CHICKS DOT COM

Open Original Shared Link

Kelly Courson & Kim Danyluk

Kim and Kelly felt there was room on the World Wide Web for a site that was informative and entertaining

to help deal with the restrictions of celiac disease, and make the sometimes difficult transition a

little easier. It really doesn't have to be a drag! So, CeliacChicks.com was born as a way to share

their discoveries and save you the trouble of trial and error. Learn about their trials and travels

at this fun, informative lecture.

****MORE!!!***

GLUTEN FREE BEER (yes, gluten-free beer from Ramapo Valley Brewery)

SHOPPING AT THE MEETING

Healthway Natural Foods

It's Healthway Natural Foods philosophy is to provide the local community with the highest quality

natural products, a friendly knowledgeable staff, and great value without compromising integrity

or quality. Shop at one of nine locations in our area where you'll find only 100% certified organic

produce and a variety of gluten free products. Please take advantage of this opportunity to discover

and sample new Gluten Free products for purchase and to take home from the meeting.

The CSA Gluten-Free Product Listing 8th edition-October 2003

For Sale at the Meeting...only 30 copies will be available.

Free Taste Testing of Gluten Free Products

gluten-free DINNER

Mixed Greens w/candied Pecans & Cranberries

Dinner Rolls donated by Gluten Free Delights and Chebe Breads

Basil & Pine Nut Pilaf

Seasonal Vegetables

Grilled Herb & Balsamic Vinegar Chicken Breasts - Casein free

Teriyaki Salmon - Casein free

Steak Fajitas with Corn Tortillas

Chocolate Raspberry Pound Cake

Dairy-Free Carrot Cake

All Adult Entrees $29.95 (Earlybird Registration Price till March 15th)

Children Entrees $12.00 (Fajitas)

Contact CSA/USA Chapter #100 Chairperson for registration or more information at

mvineyard40@aol.com or 703-471-5047

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived