• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Celiac.com E-Newsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsCeliac.com E-Newsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts   What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet What if my doctor won't listen to me? An Open Letter to Skeptical Health Care Practitioners Gluten-Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Gainesville, Fl?

7 posts in this topic

Hello! I'm hoping to find other celiacs in Gainesville, FL. I haven't had any luck tracking down a support group here. Does anyone know if one exists? Are there other celiacs around here who would want to meet?

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

Hello! I'm hoping to find other celiacs in Gainesville, FL. I haven't had any luck tracking down a support group here. Does anyone know if one exists? Are there other celiacs around here who would want to meet?

I live in High Springs ( 20 mi. north of Gainesville) and have not been able to find a support group, or for that matter, much info at all for help or advice here. Hopefully this site will bring something to light??!! Do you have a doctor in G. that you can recommend?

I live in High Springs ( 20 mi. north of Gainesville) and have not been able to find a support group, or for that matter, much info at all for help or advice here. Hopefully this site will bring something to light??!! Do you have a doctor in G. that you can recommend?

Hi! I just posted to the doctors forum about this, but the doctor I use is Dr. Burns at Digestive Disease Associates. There really isn't much around here for celiacs, but if you go to the new Publix on Archer by Target, they have a whole gluten-free section that's just great.

I'm a grad student at UF and was recently diagnosed. I thought for sure UF would have a support group, since even their on-campus convenience store now has a gluten-free shelf, but I could not find one. I know these posts are old but I was wondering if anything got started up at UF or in Gainesville in general and if not, if anyone would still be interested?

Ads by Google:

Google "Celiac support groups" or some combination. I found this one. Not sure if the info is up to date or if any are close to you. There are a couple of websites that list them i have found when googling.

http://celiacgroups.com/united-states/florida-celiac-support-groups/

I don't live in Gainesville, but my boyfriend just moved from there this last September & he lived there his whole life. We plan on visiting sometime either later this year or next summer, if you'd like to talk and get to know each other, it would be nice to know someone and know places I could eat while we are visiting since I have Celiac's. :)