This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

So, Got The Lab Results

JKEROUAC

JKEROUAC Newbie

THIS IS WHAT I GOT today with no doc explanation

Result Flag Reference Range

TTG AB IGA SCR W/RFX EMA IGA

TTG AB IGA

85 H 0-19 Units AR

]INTERPRETIVE DATA: Tissue Transglutaminase Antibody, IgA

IgA antibody against human tTG, if detected at a level greater than 19 units, may suggest the possibility of certain gluten sensitive enteropathies such as celiac disease and dermatitis herpetiformis

RFX ENDOMYSIAL TITR

1:10 H <1:10 AR

TEST INFORMATION: Endomysial Ab, IgA

Endomysial antibodies are screened using an ELISA tissue transgl~taminase (tTG) assay. All samples which are positive are titered on endomysial tissue by IFA. The endomysial antigen has been identified as the protein eross-linking enzyme known as eissue transglutaminase. Presence of IgA antibodies against human tTG suggests the possibility of certain gluten sensitive enteropathies such as celiac disease and dermatitis herpetiformis.

AR - TEST PERFORMED BY ARUP REFERENCE LABORATORIES 500 CHIPETA WAY, SALT LAKE CITY, UT 84108-1221

FLAGS: L=Low, LL=Critical Low, H=High, HH=Critical High, D=Delta, A=Abnormal

Acct# G00709522247 ** END OF REPORT **

Loc: G.LABOP -

So yeah, Could someone tell me where i stand I am 31 had an ulcer when i was 13, was admitted a month ago with a really bad flu and they found out i have H-pylori which im taking the PrevPac for and I am veteran been to many countries and many trips to medical clinics, this goes back to childhood, What are my chances of getting back to normal villi after two years of severe diet control if i do have this Celiac. Someone put me at ease, I have anxiety attack frequently and some wounds from the military that effect my everyday living, so some one please explain the above and any info.. would be appreciated

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

CDFAMILY Rookie

Hi JK,

Your numbers are high enough where my gastro would say you have Celiac without the traditional biopsy, but some gastro's insist on doing a biopsy too.

Anxiety is a major symptom that many Celiacs experience. This will eventually go away for most with a strict gluten free diet.

Your villi should improve in just a few months with the diet also.

Another area you might investigate is your vitamin and mineral levels.

B12, folic acid, Iron levels including ferritin and saturation, D3***I think helped me the most with my neurological problems, zinc, K, are a few that I have been tested in and was deficient in most. I still have a hard time absorbing even after my villi was back to normal...so you have to keep after your doctor to keep checking even after you heal.

And don't forget the liver enzymes too that are sometimes affected too.

I am sure there will be others with some good advice...and a phone call would be nice from the doctor, but many doctors don't really understand the tests or what they mean. Your tests scream Celiac and a up-to-date doctor should know that.

My family doctor did the first set of tests and wrote me a letter stating I did not have Celiac Disease. A month later I picked up my tests and found she only did the Gliadin tests and the IgA test was very high. How she missed that I will never know...I never went back to her...had my neuro find a gastro and got the correct tests which were all positive.

Good luck and keep us posted.

JKEROUAC Newbie

WELL THANK YOU SO MUCH celiac disease FAMILY

IF YOU COULD DO ME A FAVOR ALSO AND SHOW ME THE BEST WAY TO SHOP VIA A WEBSITE ADDRESS

OR LITERATURE ANYTHING OF THE SUCH THANK YOU AGAIN

JOSHUA KEROUAC

Lisa Mentor

Shopping can begin at your local grocery store. Here is a list of companies who will clearly disclose all forms of gluten (wheat, rye, barley and malt) on their ingredients listing

Open Original Shared Link

Look for these companies and if you don't see gluten, it's just not there!

Here are some answers to common questions:

And you can shop around here at the Gluten Free Mall.

CDFAMILY Rookie

Hi Joshua,

Lame Advertisement.com is a good place to get vitamins.

A good place to read about vitamins and ask questions is on... not sure if I am allowed to post this site, but if you don't see it PM me (private message me and I will send you the link)

Don't make the mistake I made and buy a bunch of gluten-free food....let your body heal first by eating natural foods. I eat a lot of cashews, almonds, walnuts, salads, veggies, some fruit and meats and do use rice pasta but have to be careful because it shoots my glucose up and I feel crappy and tired so I try to stay away from large amounts.

If you crave sugars, you might want to get some Candidase to get rid of yeast overgrowth and all that bad stuff that comes along with Celiac

Also, even though everyone says stay away from dairy until you are healed, I did not and ate tons of cheese...this apparently kept my allergies going until I stopped dairy this January and now...allergy free!! So you may want to get better faster by doing the basics....be smarter than me

Also, read JCC's gluten file it is the best resource around

Good Luck

C D

JKEROUAC Newbie

So got a script of xanax (alprazolam) from the doc, i started it yesterday and i might as well had spent the the night in the master bath on cot, horrible. Anyway, is it because of the PrevPac? I only have 7 days and nights of the four pack packets but i think i'll stick to valium if this a side effect, could someone let met know Please?

Also i started the Meijer Section for gluetin free items, Trader Joes Next,

ALSO... still no call from doc or nurse even after i called requested a professional opinion of my results and nothing...

Time to change docs? ya think

thanks josh

oh, yeah I take that Vitamin One A Day, whats up with all this fish oil and flax seed?

remember newbie...

CDFAMILY Rookie

Ok Josh,

You do need to get another doctor. For one thing this doc should never have prescribed PreVac without telling you to also get some probiotics. Even my Internal Doc knows that!

I take 2 different kinds, Natures Way Reuteri and Optima. One is specifically good for the small intestine and the other ...can't remember maybe for the large intestine. Anyhow when taking antibiotics, it wreaks havoc in the intestines and this helps get the good bacteria back in.

Vitamins are essential in getting your body back to normal and a multi usually just isn't good enough. Also you have to be careful on all medications and Vitamins you take and make sure they are gluten free. A lot of the time it means to call the company yourself. Ask questions over on the site I mentioned and they will guide you.

Fish Oil is so important but you want to get the good kind without all the toxins...probably over on the Vitamin site you can find all the info you need.

If you have anyother questions, you can PM me and I will give you my email address and some other sites that are good to read.

Hope this helps

C D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Susie B Newbie

Hello,

Just today, I came across information that as of January 2009, Xanax from Pfizer has gluten in it.

Reference:

Table 2. Pfizer U.S. Pharmaceutical Products That Contain Gluten as an Ingredient

Xanax

gfb1 Rookie
Hello,

Just today, I came across information that as of January 2009, Xanax from Pfizer has gluten in it.

Reference:

Table 2. Pfizer U.S. Pharmaceutical Products That Contain Gluten as an Ingredient

Xanax

ravenwoodglass Mentor
frankly, it is unconscionable. for a doctor to clearly test someone for celiac, come back with a positive indicator (even if the doc was sufficiently 'conservative' to await final diagnosis) and prescribe a med before checking on gluten content.

that's like a doctor prescribing penicillin after finding you have a penicillin allergy.

cdfamily is right. get a new doc.

I have recently started taking alprazolam, a generic form of Zanax. It is made by DAVA Pharmecuticals. My doctor called the pharmacey as we sat in the office to check if they carried a safe form of the drug for me. I also had the pharmacey check when I got the script and then, trusting person that I am, I also called the company to verify it for myself. This doctor is the only one who has ever done this.

Doctors are trained as to what drug is used for what condition but they are not trained in the inert ingredients. The pharmacists are and they are the ones who would have this info. Most doctors will not or can not take the time to check. I have never had a doctor who would not change a script to something safe if alerted to the issue. The pharmacist can call when they fill the prescription to suggest a safe alternative. In the cases where a pharmacist refuses to check they should be reported to their companies main office and a new pharmacey should be found.

Nancym Enthusiast

I find it's always best to get copies of the test yourself because doctors don't tell you stuff fairly often. Even my cat's vet! Grrrr... So kudos to the OP for being so smart as to get the test results.

I also agree that eating as few manufactured foods as possible is best. Whole foods that aren't coming down an assembly line is healthiest, not just now, but for the rest of your life. We get addicted to them though, but if you can kick it, you'll see your health skyrocket, IMHO.

Also, I think some of us are vulnerable to other food intolerances like soy, nuts, dairy and so on. So when you're healing if you can avoid those other commonly problematic foods you might be better off. I would focus on eating meat and veggies and a little fruit, although some people are sensitive to fructose too.

Archived