• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Celiac.com E-Newsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsCeliac.com E-Newsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.
  • Celiac.com Sponsor:
    Celiac.com Sponsor:

Gluten Containing Ingredients List For Personal Care Products

6 posts in this topic

Below is a list of gluten containing/derived ingredients that may be found in personal care products.

Many companies will state that they label "gluten containing ingredients." However, because gluten ingredient names are so different in cosmetics, it can be difficult to point them out. Please use this list to find gluten free make up, shampoos, lotions, etc.

GLUTEN CONTAINING INGREDIENTS:

WHEAT DERIVED INGREDIENTS

AMP-ISOSTEAROYL HYDROLYZED WHEAT PROTEIN

DISODIUM WHEATGERMAMIDO PEG-2 SULFOSUCCINATE

HYDROLYZED WHEAT GLUTEN

HYDROLYZED WHEAT PROTEIN

HYDROLYZED WHEAT PROTEIN PG-PROPYL SILANETRIOL

HYDROLYZED WHEAT PROTEIN/PVP CROSSPOLYMER

HYDROLYZED WHEAT STARCH

HYDROXYPROPYLTRIMONIUM HYDROLYZED WHEAT PROTEIN HYDROLYZED

STEARYLDIMONIUMHYDROXYPROPYL

TRITICUM VULGARE (WHEAT) FLOUR LIPIDS

TRITICUM VULGARE (WHEAT) GERM EXTRACT

TRITICUM VULGARE (WHEAT) GERM OIL

VITAMIN E DERIVED FROM WHEAT GERM OIL

WHEAT GERMAMIDOPROPALKONIUM CHLORIDE

WHEATGERMAMIDOPROPYL ETHYLDIMONIUM ETHOSULFATE

WHEAT AMINO ACIDS

WHEAT BRAN EXTRACT

WHEAT GERMAMIDOPROPYLDIMONIUM HYDROXYPROPYL

WHEAT GERM EXTRACT

WHEAT GERM GLYCERIDES

WHEAT GERM OIL

WHEAT PROTEIN

WHEAT (TRITICUM VULGARE) BRAN EXTRACT

BARLEY DERIVED INGREDIENTS

AMINO PEPTIDE COMPLEX

BARLEY EXTRACT

BARLEY LIPIDS

HORDEUM VULGARE (BARLEY) EXTRACT

HYDROLYZED MALT EXTRACT

PHYTOSPHINGOSINE EXTRACT

SAMINO PEPTIDE COMPLEX

RYE DERIVED INGREDIENTS

SECALE CEREALE (RYE) SEED FLOUR

OAT DERIVED INGREDIENTS

AVENA SATIVA (OAT) KERNEL PROTEIN

HYDROLYZED OAT FLOUR

OAT AMINO ACIDS

OAT (AVENA SATIVA) EXTRACT

OAT BETA GLUCANOAT EXTRACT

OAT FLOURSODIUM LAUROYL

SAVENA SATIVA (OAT) FLOUR

MISC.

CYCLODEXTRIN

DEXTRIN

DEXTRIN PALMITATE

HYDROLYZED VEGETABLE PROTEIN

MALTODEXTRIN

Hopefully this is helpful! Please feel free to post corrections, additions, etc. :)

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

I was under the impression that some malodextrin was okay...

I was under the impression that some malodextrin was okay...

I am not sure about that one and I would have to learn more about what it is, it may be one of those ingredients that may or may not be derived from a glutenous source. For that reason it is under "Miscellaneous." If you find more information about it please post it to this topic! Thanks!

I am not sure about that one and I would have to learn more about what it is, it may be one of those ingredients that may or may not be derived from a glutenous source. For that reason it is under "Miscellaneous." If you find more information about it please post it to this topic! Thanks!

Here's a link to gluten free living, where it lists a description of maltodextrin:

http://www.glutenfreeliving.com/ingredient.php

And I've read on this forum that MaltoDextrin used in food in the US is derived from corn (or potato) and must be mentioned on the label if not.

Here's a link to gluten free living, where it lists a description of maltodextrin:

And I've read on this forum that MaltoDextrin used in food in the US is derived from corn (or potato) and must be mentioned on the label if not.

Thanks!

Ads by Google:

Labeling laws for food and cosmetics do differ, supplements too for that matter. Maltodextrin can also be derived from barley. Chances are very good that it is going to be derived from a gluten free source but it someone is very sensitive it might be a good idea to call and ask the Makeup company what it is derived from.