This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

How Do I...

mytummyhurts

Rikki Tikki Explorer

Can someone help he. I am so computer dense. I want to change my avatar but I can't remember how to do it. I really need step by step instructions! Thank-you so much :D I want to put a regular picture in there

• 2 weeks later...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Eliza13 Contributor

I have followed all the steps for posting my pic, but keep getting a message that says: "You are not allowed to access this feature", or some such thing. Anyone know what the problem could be???

celiac3270 Collaborator

You're trying to add a "personal photo". You have to do evit avatar. I think that's it.

Eliza13 Contributor

The avatar doesn't work either!

celiac3270 Collaborator

Hmm...are you trying to do a gallery one or upload one?

Eliza13 Contributor

I think I've figured it out. I have to convert the file. How do I do that?

celiac3270 Collaborator

You got it! :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Eliza13 Contributor

LOL...Yeah, I did...but it's not the file I wanted uploaded. The one that I want is .bmp and I don't know how to convert it. It's hard to see anything in the one that I currently have up.

celiac3270 Collaborator

Oh darn...I used to know of some software (free) that can convert it...don't remember now. Sorry :(

Eliza13 Contributor

I'm such a techno-pheasant, but somehow I managed to get it right. This one is much better.

celiac3270 Collaborator

Yay! :lol:

KaitiUSA Enthusiast

Hey celiac3270...how do you get the picture clear? I put a different pic on there but it's showing up sorta fuzzy.

celiac3270 Collaborator

Oh, cool :) . I think the problem is that the picture is too bright, which makes it look slightly faded. Open the photo in an editing software...probably the software that you uploaded it with almost definitely has the option...anyway, open it, then click "darken" or something of the sort--it should become more...clear.

KaitiUSA Enthusiast

ok I'll try that..thanks :D

Not everyone can see the new pic...kinda like what happened with Karen's cake a while back..so hopefully it updates but I don't know

Archived