This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

"you Might Be A Celiac If....."

VegasCeliacBuckeye

mtdawber Apprentice

I actually had this happen.

81. You've rolled your eyes when a non-celiac has said to you in a health food store, "I've (voluntarily) tried the gluten free diet before, I felt great"

When I was first diagnosed right before Christmas, the girl at the local health food store said....ok, yes, I can show you around. I am gluten free as well - have been for a couple of years. We have chosen a gluten free lifestyle in our family - much healthier. I don't have to but I like it better that way.

I'm standing there with my mouth open (had to remind myself to close it...) thinking who, in their right mind, would "choose" gluten free....I think I've told everyone I know that one and they agreed with me...

Still makes me laugh. I'm glad you guys brought this thread back to life. Well worth the read just for the laugh and the realization that everyone is in the same boat!

:rolleyes:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JayT Rookie

This was great guys...it's nice to see that it is not always so serious in here. :lol:

GeoffCJ Enthusiast

I've got one -

You go gluten-free, and suddenly the pile of unread magazines in your bathroom starts getting out of control, and you seriously consider cutting back on subscriptions.

mtdawber Apprentice
This was great guys...it's nice to see that it is not always so serious in here. :lol:

I think your Pilsbury dough boy should have the gun facing the other way.....LOL... just for us celiacs

happygirl Collaborator

I've read this thread before, and it still makes me laugh.

JayT-I love your Pillsbury dough boy!

angel-jd1 Community Regular
I've got one -

You go gluten-free, and suddenly the pile of unread magazines in your bathroom starts getting out of control, and you seriously consider cutting back on subscriptions.

:lol: Nice one.........so true though.....just can't seem to find the time to read anymore.....where in the world did I USED to do all that reading? LOL BATHROOM :P

-Jessica :rolleyes:

angel42 Enthusiast

Ok, one more, on a different note:

You must be Celiac if.......

you've gone home hungry from Thanksgiving dinner at a friend's house. (true story :))

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

stef-the-kicking-cuty Enthusiast
Staying virus free is an excellent by product of this necessity! :D

For me, working with dogs all day, every day, I'm handling urine, feces, animal by-products (pig ears, cow parts etc.), and GLUTEN in the dog food!

I don't scratch my nose without first washing! My hands are red and raw up to my elbows! :unsure:

Oh well, it beats the heck out of a lot of jobs! :D

Yes, there's wheat filling mixed into the filling in some boxing gloves, too. No joke!

You might be a celiac, if...

you're embarrased at a buffet, because someone announced, nobody would be allowed to get food, before you did.

your significant other bursts out with "I swear something's wrong with you! Go to the doctor!" after you farted and he accidentaly smelled it. (true story)

a friend gives you some gluten-snacks as a christmas gift, even though you told them 100 times, you're glutenfree and what that is. (true story as well)

you get excited, because your favorite fun park offers a glutenfree day with lunch in a pavillon especially made glutenfree for celiacs.

The thing with the gluten-snack at christmas happened to me. Actually one of my students gave me a mug filled with pretzels in there with hershey kissed attached to them. I said "thanks for the mug, I can sure use it for my hot chocolate" and gave the pretzels to my husband...

Hugs, Stef

Kaycee Collaborator

you've gone home hungry from Thanksgiving dinner at a friend's house. (true story :))

Angel,

This happens to me all the time, I go out, come home, and hey, I'm still hungry. Never ever seem to get as full as I did in a previous life, I have just lost my capacity to eat too much.

You must be coeliac if ......

the day the plumber arrives you have stomach problems and need the loo a bit more frequently That happened to me this morning, plumber arrives and I had to go up the road to use the public loos!

Cathy

Mango04 Enthusiast
Ok, one more, on a different note:

Or...you're actually considering buying the t-shirt that says "I ate before I got here" (I really want that shirt LOL)

Archived