This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

"you Might Be A Celiac If....."

VegasCeliacBuckeye

Guest Leidenschaft

Ha Ha!!! Too funny! :lol:

My hubby was hospitalized with the Norwalk virus two years ago, so I can't really call him a "wuss", but that's about the only exception! :D

I had to laugh when I was in the grocery check out last Friday, I thought of this thread as I restrained myself from picking up a grocery item from the lady behind me to check the ingredients! :blink::lol:

The cart in front of me had THREE birthday cakes, packages of cookies, crackers etc.... I'm standing there saying to myself, "Poison, poison, that's poison, oh, more poison!"

I am so thankful for this board, that I can giggle through a situation like that!

:rolleyes:

Have a great day all!

PS, Kaiti, you'll have to campaign in that hat and scarf, I won't recognize you otherwise! :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ianm Apprentice

Yesterday at the grocery store I saw someone with a cart loaded with nothing but wheat based food. I thought to myself "Wow, I'd be dead before I hit the ground if I ate that."

flagbabyds Collaborator

I love this soooo mcuh! I was wondering if anyone minded if I would put some of these sayings on T-shirts and use them to raise money for celiac research at stanford. I would of course tell everyone where this came from! Just some thoughts, I really like them a lot and it would be good for raising money!

celiac3270 Collaborator

What percentage of the profit would go to research?

flagbabyds Collaborator

I would sell them on cafe press, and make them myself so over 80% of the profits would go to the Celiac Sprue Research Foundation

Emme999 Enthusiast
2. If you're ever said that wheat is a product of satan.

Okay I'm late getting to this post but I just wanted to make sure you all know something that I was reminded of when I read, "You know....if #2"

Here's something I think you will all appreciate:

Gluten is the name of the insoluble protein in wheat, probably most familiar as stuff that makes bread dough elastic. When raw gluten (wheat dough with the starch washed away) has been cooked in a broth of shoyu, ginger, and kombu, it's called "seitan".

And, FYI, "seitan" is pronounced "satan" (Something I learned many years ago in macrobiotics - kind of stuck with me, now I know why!!)

Gluten is Seitan!! Satan? :blink:

I love you guys :)

ianm Apprentice

Gluten is Satan. Well that explains a lot doesn't it.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

celiac3270 Collaborator

LOL bean! :lol:

Emme999 Enthusiast

I thought of one!

You might be a Celiac if suddenly you realize that your obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) could be a *good* thing!

mommida Enthusiast

We need Celiacs to run for political posts. The undiagnosed Celiacs need it too, they just don't know it yet.

Start small/local and go from there.

Love you guys,

Laura

stef-the-kicking-cuty Enthusiast
We need Celiacs to run for political posts.

Would that be possible for me as a german living in the USA, too? I mean, I'll stay here forever (unless I'm not getting divorced one day) and I have the green card.

KaitiUSA Enthusiast

You could only do certain things. I think you have to be a citizen of the U.S though. Arnold Schwarzenegger, governor of CA, was born in Austria.

Ha, Kaiti, you're right. I forgot that completely. My alien status is called "perminent resident" now. And in about 2.5 years I can apply for the american citizenship...

celiac3270 Collaborator

Yea...if you become a citizen, you could become governor, but not President.

I know, he never will, but I'm just curious, if this would be possible. Could my husband become president with me as his wife? Just curious...

celiac3270 Collaborator

If he was born a US citizen and is over 35 years, then he is eligible.

cdford Contributor

I recently found myself doing this one:

if you plan a get together and question the guests about any allergies or special dietary needs...and they know you will actually try to feed them.

Emme999 Enthusiast

Wow Donna I wish you were *my* friend!!

Your guests are lucky people!! :)

Carriefaith Enthusiast
You can use your loaf of bread in place of weights when excersizing.

That is awesome! Hilarious.

You might be a celiac if:

You're at a party offering food/drinks and you find yourself examining product packages in the garbage :lol:

tarnalberry Community Regular

Donna, I do that all that time! I always have, but even more so now, and I don't think people are expecting it. Sometimes I've gotten a response that makes me feel the person being asked thought it was awfully personal, but still appreciated it.

And it's funny - scary almost - that people trust me so much to know what they can and can't eat. A diabetic at work asked if he could have the brownies I brought in (the raw brownies I keep trying to get everyone on here to make ;-) )and I told him the ingredients and specifically mentioned the no added sugar bit and said "as long as the dates are ok for you" (because I know that some diabetics can handle small amounts of dried fruit, some can't), and it was scary how much he both trusted me, and knew to ask if they might be safe in the first place. ;-) (He was very happy that they were safe and asked for the recipe later too.)

cdford Contributor

That is so funny...I thought all night long whether that was a dumb post or not and you guys liked it! Here's another one:

You go house hunting and find yourself wondering what they cooked in the kitchen and assessing whether the bathroom has space for a TV and bookshelf.

Guest ~wAvE WeT sAnD~

You might be Celiac if....

~You have your own pantry in your house.

~If you jokingly tell your friends, "Wheat makes you fat."

~If you ever wanted to buy that "Wheat Sucks" T-Shirt.

~If you're upset when your rice bread crumbles.

:lol: haha! Wheat sucks! I liked that one! So true!
Guest BellyTimber

:P:D:lol::)

You know you might be celiac if:

... when you read "If your browser or firewall is set to not accept all cookies" you think it is saying your browser is gluten-free ... like the forum !

:):lol::D:P

celiac3270 Collaborator

I've never thought that, but clever all the same :);):D

Archived