Get email alerts Celiac.com E-Newsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Celiac.com E-Newsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Walnut Butter

6 posts in this topic

Anyone reccomend a good walnut butter? Peanuts are off the list, and I don't like soy nut or sun butter.

Thanks

Ads by Google:

Never tried it, but I highly recommend almond butter if they don't bother you...

Sorry, almonds are out too but, I googled and found a site that sells walnut butter. Wish me luck, I already have a large collection of "butters" I do not like or can't tolerate.

I'll report back!

You can make it yourself! Its super easy!

1. Roast Walnuts-Layer on a cookie sheet and bake overnight (or for 8-10 hours) at the lowest temp your oven allows (usually 200)

2. Grind up roasted walnuts in food processor. Slowly drizzle in canola oil til gain nut butter texture desired. Add salt to your liking.

3. Enjoy!! :-)

Thanks for the recipe! I actually tried the almond butter at Whole Foods-they grind it themselves. NO reaction! Now if I just get Charlotte to have a store...

Ads by Google:

If you dont mind my asking....

you are allergic to peanuts or cannot tolerate them correct? what does your reaction to them look like?

i have been trying to figure out if i have a peanut allergy or if they simply dont sit well with me. if i eat peanut butter by itself or just with an apple it gives me horrible stomach pain and feelin like i have gas with no relief. if i eat it in baked goods it only makes me feel very full almost like a bloated gassy feeling. that is only kind of uncomfortable. do you think it is possible they just dont agree with me in large amounts?

sorry it isn't really your original topic but when i read your title i thought "maybe they'll know what i'm talking about!"

well thanks in advance for any advice or thoughts in general!