This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Sam's Club

daphniela

daphniela Explorer

I am wondering if it is worth it to drive all the way to Sam's CLub. What gluten free items do they carry? I mean besides the obvious fruits, veggies, and meats.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Lisa Mentor
I am wondering if it is worth it to drive all the way to Sam's CLub. What gluten free items do they carry? I mean besides the obvious fruits, veggies, and meats.

Maybe you can narrow down your question about a specific product.

daphniela Explorer
Maybe you can narrow down your question about a specific product.

Do they carry any gluten free pastas or flours?

Lisa Mentor

I would think not, but then I have not noticed. WalMart seems to have more products.

My Sam's list consists or whole salmon filet, lamb chops, frozen scallops, Emeril's sausages, great beef filets, cheeses and a giant container of Aleve.

jerseyangel Proficient

I was just there recently, and no, they didn't have any gluten-free flour or pasta. I did pick up a 3-pack of Bertoli Organic pasta sauce :)

holiday16 Enthusiast

Every Sam's is different, but ours is where I buy the cornstarch for my baking. Cheapest way for me to get it. I also bought my baking powder in bulk there because gluten-free baked goods call for so much of it. As far as gluten-free processed foods all I can think of are the Taquitoes (beef) I think DeliMex brand? Also, Seapak shrimp scampi. Ours also has rice crackers that say gluten-free on the box. Have you checked out the Sams website? Sometimes you can see if the store in your area carries an item. I did that the other day because my dd wanted to know the price of the shrimp scampi and it was on there.

jkt Newbie

I'm in MN and have yet to find any "special" gluten-free foods that are not the mainstream foods that are gluten-free at Sam's Club.

I've been told Costco has gluten-free chicken nuggets, however.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

lovegrov Collaborator

Sam's does not carry gluten-free specialty products.

richard

GlutenGalAZ Enthusiast

Some Sam's Clubs offer a one day free pass (usually have to pay in cash)... you could call the closest Sam's and ask if they do this.

We have one about 40 minutes away from us so my husband and I make a day trip of it going shopping/walking around then we hit Sam's on the way home (we have their freezer/cooler bags).

We get Fruit, Veggies, Salad, Salad Dressing, French Fries, Meat, String Cheese, Shredded Cheese, eggs... Canned: Chili, Refried Beans, Fruit... Water.... Their brand canned chicken

(Hubby who is not gluten free gets -- beef jerky, bread, deli meat, hot dogs, lean pockets)

The only thing I have seen at ours that is definately gluten free is Crunch Master Rice Crackers (I think thats what they are called).

Sam's Club is more of a snack food place... Costco if you have one near you (we don't) would probably be a better choice to go take a look at, or even go to both and compare which you prefer.

Archived