• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Subscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsSubscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter   What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet What if my doctor won't listen to me? An Open Letter to Skeptical Health Care Practitioners Gluten-Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes

Gluten Free In Chicago

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

I am going to Chicago for 4 days in October.... Anyone have some good dining recommendations for non fast food - gluten free dining?!

Thanks!

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

I have not been ALL OVER Chicago at all, but I can highly recommend Webber Grill downtown in the Magnificant Mile!! They do alot of their cooking on large Webber Grills....so its all made-to-order, fresh and grilled. Decent prices (or WAS, about 5 yrs ago) and very nice servers. Best wishes....and when you return let US know what you found!! : )

Bonefish in the suburbs (skokie, glenview) has a great gluten-free menu too

I am going to Chicago for 4 days in October.... Anyone have some good dining recommendations for non fast food - gluten free dining?!

Thanks!

I went to Chicago last November and I definitely 2nd Weber Grill. It is awesome!!! We were there for 4 days and I think we ate there 3 times we loved it so much. LOL! Everything I had was great, but the cesar salad, onion soup and the mashed sweet potatoes are to die for!

Overall Chicago seems extremely gluten friendly. Hopefully someone can weigh in with more places but I remember walking by tons of places that I recognized as having a gluten free menu.

THANKS!!!!!!!!! Weber Grill it will definitely e.. probably more than once! I am casein intolerant as well - so a nice baked potato should do the trick (although mashed potatoes sound yummy)!!!

I will fill you in if I find anything else..

I did go out for the FIRST time today, since my elimination began. I went to a local mom an pop cafe. They serve salads, pizzas, etc... I ordered lettuce, onions and tomatoes - they had no cukes. I ordered oil and vinegar on he side. THEY CHARGED ME $10 dollars :o for the freaking salad... I almost fell over when I got the bill! Not going back there for salad.. I was 4 minutes from home, next time I will take my self back there! LOL

Ads by Google:

I found this:

http://www.urbanspoon.com/t/2/1/Chicago/Gl...dly-restaurants

You'll find a nice selection to get you started. Weber Grill is one of them -- it is indeed a wonderful restaurant. I haven't been there gluten-free yet, and I'm happy to see here that they're Celiac friendly.

Northwest suburbs is packed with gluten-free restaurants. Uno's Pizza, Ted Montana's Bar and Grill; Outback;

mostly I eat at home since my own cooking seems to be the best. Many East Indian restaurants like Udupi Palace in Schaumburg. Weber Grill was mentioned and all listed above are right in Schaumburg.

Ads by Google:

My favorites with gluten free menus are:

Wildfire

Weber Grill

Adobo Grill

Vinci

They all have websites if you google them...

Have Fun,

Pam

Hi,

Can you folks post some addresses and /or phone numbers for these places?

Wildfire

Weber Grill

Adobo Grill

Vinci

Udupi Palace

Marecello & Sons

thanks

KEn

Ads by Google:

Marecello & Sons is really good, especially the gluten-free pizza!

I'd recommend the following:

Marcello / Father and Sons - excellent pizza, but apparently nothing else on the menu is gluten free. If ordering, confirm what toppings are gluten-free - they claim everything but 2 or 3 things (I can't recall what they are).

Naha - California / modern American cuisine. Call ahead and let them know you're coming. When I did that, they brought in gluten free bread for me!

Carnivale - Latin American fusion. There is not a gluten free menu, but they have knowledgable servers who can advise you what you can and cannot have. Tortilla chips are fried in a dedicated frier.

PF Chang's - Chinese - Dedicated menu

Venus - Greek - Dedicated menu

Wildfire - Steak / American - they have a burger on the menu, and it's pretty good!

Most of my information has come from Yelp - search "gluten free" and there are a lot of reviews with good information.

And places I intend to try but haven't made it yet:

Adobo Grill - Mexican food. They have a dedicated menu; avoid the chips, I hear those are not ok.

Vinci - Italian.

Places I would suggest avoiding -

Ben Pao (I got glutened via their delivery, after ordering from their dedicated gluten-free menu)

Aurelio's Pizza (They carry gluten free pizza, but I thought it was awful)

Hi! Chicago is a fantastic city!!! I ate in "Lou Malnati" pizzeria,in "Weber Grill",in "Outback Steakhouse". They were really courteous with me. But my favorite restaurant in Chicago Was "Fogo De Chao" brazilian steakhouse,some expansive but amazing the best meat I ever eaten!!!

I am back from Chicago...!! Had a wonderful time! LOVED eating at *Frankie's 5th Floor Pizzeria* - inside the Bloomingdale's shopping mall. They had a gluten free menu - YUM!

We also ate at Wildfire's and loved it! Got sick from various other places... but the terrible sickness held off until I returned home! Such is life - it was all worth the getting away for a few days sans kids ans husband!! :-)

Thanks for the suggestions!

I discovered Rose's Wheat-free bakery in Evanston. It's got great baked goods as well as a small cafe. Also stuff for people with allergies to casein, etc.

Ads by Google: