This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Cheapest Place To Buy gluten-free Foods Online

Becci

Becci Enthusiast

Well, I have decided that I CANNOT go to a grocery store for gluten-free foods. I am very bad about 'over shopping' because I see something is gluten-free.

If I can buy my gluten-free foods online, it will save me time and money, because I will be able to see my shopping cart, and how much it all costs...

Where is the CHEAPEST gluten-free online store that has a great selection... Is it GFmall?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jststric Contributor

It has been MY experiene that after looking at many sites for gluten-free foods, that most run the exact same price as I find them in the stores! It could be that someone else knows more than me on this subject but I have been looking around. I have concluded that the upside of shopping online is that you can get quantities that may be more than a small store may have on their shelves. I like to have stock on hand. And often the items I'm looking for isn't available at the time I happen to be shopping either. The downside would be the shipping costs. But for me the stores the carry these kinds of things are a ways away so I'm not spending my time or gasoline to get there. I look forward to reading other responses on this one.

brigala Explorer

I've looked at a lot of places, and the only one with reasonable prices (cheaper than the store, usually) is the large online retailer that's not allowed to be named here... if you don't know where I'm talking about, think of the largest online retailer you can remember... books, electronics, etc... and it's not eBay.

-Elizabeth

GlutenGalAZ Enthusiast

I agree with brigala.

I have found the best deals on the site you were hinting about. I'll give another hint Starts with an "A" Ends with an "N" :)

I buy my Annies Boxed Mac and Cheese, Gluten Free Pantry Mixes, Cooking and other info Books, Noodles and other Gluten Free Foods on this site. You can sign up for special deals on items that you use a lot (forget what it is called but not everything falls under this special) and if you buy over $25 with them you get free shipping so that helps.

(I am not affiliated with this shopping site just love great deals).

Do you have a WalMart Grocery Store near you? Their brand -- Great Value labels Gluten Free and the normal everyday brand stuff is resonable as well. The next store in line with responable prices is Smith's (at least where I live) same store as Ralph's and Kroger if you have one of those.

Good Luck

rebe09 Contributor

Thanks so much for this information! I was able to figure out the puzzle to the location I can purchase gluten-free food online :)

brigala Explorer

By the way, don't be afraid of using the 15% off (and free shipping) with their Subscribe-and-Save program for eligible foods. It's super easy to cancel any time, and they'll even email you a reminder before your next shipment is due to give you a chance to cancel or skip the shipment. This is NOT the equivalent of a book or C D club. ;-)

-Elizabeth

Evie4 Apprentice

I'm on a tight budget and I have to watch my pennies! I buy gluten free mixes and snacks from the same on line shop that I buy vitamins from. Free shipping when you buy at least $100 worth of merchandise. They have tiered pricing as well at 3, 6 and 12 quantities. The things I buy I haven't found cheaper anywhere else. The selection is limited.

I don't think I can mention a product search engine, but if you search product search engines with i.e. "gluten free pantry" you get all kinds of on line stores selling the same stuff and get to see side-by-side pricing. You'll have to visit the stores separately to see how much (if any) the shipping charges are. I do this for a lot of on line shopping. And don't forget to go to coupon/promo code sites to see if you can get addtional discounts by using a code at checkout!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived