This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

What Do You Buy At Costco?

ldesrocher

ldesrocher Rookie

I was just wondering what everyone has found at Costco that is gluten free foodwise. Thanks.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

mamaw Community Regular

The most important is rotisserre chicken! Canned turkey, chicken, roast beef, contadina products, fruits & vegetables. Candy , popcorn, spices, chobani yogurt, frozen wild salmon & other fish. Delimex taquitos,food for life chips, pickles, olives progresso chicken & rice soup, pacific broths, salad dressings, butter,chicken sausage, dietz&watson deli meats, shredded pork, cheese, grilled chicken salad, hummus, paper products, cleaning products.Oberto beef jerky. Salsa to name a few things

hth

mamaw

RideAllWays Enthusiast

I buy these really yummy little nut clusters. They are in the shape of cubes and come in a bag...Mary's might be the brand? Don't have any right now so I can't check!

mushroom Proficient

Four-bean salad; ham, cheese, salad mix, fruits, vegatables, decaf coffee (4lb? bags--take four of them back to New Zealand with me every year) vacuum packed pork chops; toiletries...

caligirl2001 Newbie

I am seeing more and more foods labeled gluten free at Costco, which is encouraging. Unfortunately, I think some of what they carry varies by where you live, and even store to store, so this may or may not be helpful. We have 3 Costco's within 15 miles and I have found different things at every one of them. (california) When I find something I like, I stock up if I can, since you never know when it will be gone.

They have a good selection of gluten free lunchmeats. My family likes tacos, so in a pinch, I will buy the pre-cooked pork carnitas or shredded beef, both labeled gluten free. The McCormick's taco seasoning is gluten free(but not the chili seasoning) Madras lentils, rotisserie Albacore Tuna, frozen Mahi Mahi and unseasoned frozen salmon, organic hamburger in the refrigerated meat section (slightly more expensive, but worth it- tastes much better) Almond clusters (can't remember the brand right now) all the dairy products. These definitely are cheaper at costco than anywhere else I've found.

missy'smom Collaborator
I buy these really yummy little nut clusters. They are in the shape of cubes and come in a bag...Mary's might be the brand? Don't have any right now so I can't check!

Mrs. May's is the brand.

Fiddle-Faddle Community Regular

Gluten-free frozen meatballs! I'm sorry, I can't remember the brand name, but I have found two different brands of frozen chicken or turkey meatballs there!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

missy'smom Collaborator

Trident Salmon burgers

(Kirkland I think)Turkey Burgers

Riceworks Chips

Brother's All-Natural Fruit crisps(freeze dried apple, asian pear and now strawberry banana)

frozen tilapia fillets

frozen shrimp

Hebrew National all beef franks

Kirkland bacon

Kirkland ham

cheese sticks

Kirkland Tuscan seasoning

In the past we have purchased:

laurabars

Earthbalance spread

Jones all-natural breakfast sausage

Bell and Evans gluten-free chicken strips

Pacific broths and soup

Healthy Choice chicken and rice soup-came in a pack with half chicken noodle soup so DH got the noodle and Ds and I got the rice

jststric Contributor

lol, so good to see other people that just love Costco as much as I do! : ) I would agree with the poster that said they are regional though. What you find here isn't found there. And I've been a bit aggrevated to find that a few items I've become addicted to will suddenly disappear for a LONG, LONG time before it makes it back on the shelves. Olive Tepenade is one such item. But an addiction did force me to come up with my own olive tepenade that is very much like the one they now have on the shelves again! But my all-time fav would be their roasted chickens!! I get a couple nearly every week!

Ms27 Newbie

Also,

Mission Corn Tortilla Chips

Kirkland Salsa

M&Ms

Amy's frozen dinners

Pirate Booty

Most of their vitamins are Natures Valley I believe, and they are labeled gluten free.

I love, love costco!

Jackie927 Rookie
Also,

Mission Corn Tortilla Chips

Kirkland Salsa

M&Ms

Amy's frozen dinners

Pirate Booty

Most of their vitamins are Natures Valley I believe, and they are labeled gluten free.

I love, love costco!

And all of these foods that are mentioned are GLUTEN FREE?????????????

Ms27 Newbie
And all of these foods that are mentioned are GLUTEN FREE?????????????

You have to check Amy's frozen dinners, some are some aren't depends what they are carrying that week, and not the krispy m&ms, I buy the plain.

The mission tortilla chips are actually labeled gluten free and the salsa maybe too, I cant remember, the organic kind.

Juliebove Rising Star

I buy all kinds of fresh produce and meat.

Carne Deshebrada

Carne Asada

Chicken and Apple Sausages

Bacon

Ham

Asst. Lunch Meats

Some frozen treats

Cheese

Hummus

Baked Beans

Asst. canned vegetables

Applesauce

Rice chips

Veggie chips

Rice

Broth

Canned meat and tuna

Stuff for my cat

Paper goods

Soda

Water

Juice

There are probably some things I am forgetting. And I do read every label every time because we have additional allergies.

MaryJones2 Enthusiast

I'll add Kirkland spices, frozen Ahi Tuna, Cabot cheese, jasmine rice and Crunchmaster crackers to the list.

ldesrocher Rookie

Wow there are a lot more gluten free options there than what i thought. I just got a membership last week and can't wait to use it :)

moonunit Apprentice

I love the artichoke/jalapeno dip there, and the Chachi's salsa, and there was an honest-to-goodness gluten-free CAKE AND FROSTING MIX on the shelves recently! I bought one even though I had no need for a cake, just so that I could support their decision to carry something so special for us. :)

I have a question. Has anyone determined whether the tri-tip (Omaha Steakhouse, I think is the brand, in the black package) is gluten-free? I suspect there's hidden gluten in the marinade, because I have had random reactions twice after eating their tri-tip. I checked the ingredient list and didn't see anything suspicious, but my instincts tell me this is not a coincidence.

If anyone has information on the gluten status of the tri-tip, please let me know! Thanks a million!

babinsky Apprentice
I love the artichoke/jalapeno dip there, and the Chachi's salsa, and there was an honest-to-goodness gluten-free CAKE AND FROSTING MIX on the shelves recently! I bought one even though I had no need for a cake, just so that I could support their decision to carry something so special for us. :)

I have a question. Has anyone determined whether the tri-tip (Omaha Steakhouse, I think is the brand, in the black package) is gluten-free? I suspect there's hidden gluten in the marinade, because I have had random reactions twice after eating their tri-tip. I checked the ingredient list and didn't see anything suspicious, but my instincts tell me this is not a coincidence.

If anyone has information on the gluten status of the tri-tip, please let me know! Thanks a million!

I have made the Morton's Steakhouse tri-tip without problems....cannot use the Bill Bailey's

captaincrab55 Enthusiast

Picked up a container of Austin Blues (Hardwood Smoked) Pulled Pork by Hormel Foods (gluten-free) last Sunday @ Costco. It's prepared & refrigerated in a Neutral Sauce, so you add your own sauce for flavor. It was a coupon special that's gluten-free.. We tried it tonight and it was good.. While shopping @ Costco, I met up with a friend who noticed the Pulled Pork in my shopping cart. He offered me his coupon, so I'm going back for 2 more (limit 2) this weekend...

Cynbd Contributor

Has anyone tried the Frozen Quick and Easy Angus Burger patties from Costco? I don't see any gluten ingredients - but...

Juliebove Rising Star
Picked up a container of Austin Blues (Hardwood Smoked) Pulled Pork by Hormel Foods (gluten-free) last Sunday @ Costco. It's prepared & refrigerated in a Neutral Sauce, so you add your own sauce for flavor. It was a coupon special that's gluten-free.. We tried it tonight and it was good.. While shopping @ Costco, I met up with a friend who noticed the Pulled Pork in my shopping cart. He offered me his coupon, so I'm going back for 2 more (limit 2) this weekend...

I just bought that. Didn't realize you have to add sauce. What kind of sauce do you use?

captaincrab55 Enthusiast
I just bought that. Didn't realize you have to add sauce. What kind of sauce do you use?

We used a home-maid Barbecue Sauce.. Instead of using Worcestershire Sauce, we substituted gluten-free Soy Sauce..

Eastender Newbie
You have to check Amy's frozen dinners, some are some aren't depends what they are carrying that week, and not the krispy m&ms, I buy the plain.

The mission tortilla chips are actually labeled gluten free and the salsa maybe too, I cant remember, the organic kind.

New to this and only know I am gluten intolerant. do you read every label? I think I'm getting it as to what I can't have in terms of "ingredients", but does every product need to be labled "gluten free" before I can put it in my mouth?

Juliebove Rising Star
We used a home-maid Barbecue Sauce.. Instead of using Worcestershire Sauce, we substituted gluten-free Soy Sauce..

Okay. I will check to see if I have any sauce. We try not to do soy.

mushroom Proficient
New to this and only know I am gluten intolerant. do you read every label? I think I'm getting it as to what I can't have in terms of "ingredients", but does every product need to be labled "gluten free" before I can put it in my mouth?

No, not at all. There are lots of products on the shelves that do not have any gluten, but for which the manufacturers make no gluten free claims for various reasons--such as "processsed on the same lines as"; some ingredients obtained from other suppliers who do not certify them as gluten free, etc., etc. You just have to read the labels carefully and use your judgment.

• 1 month later...
Frances03 Enthusiast

I went to Costco today and got Veggie Crisps, Riceworks, Crunchmaster rice crackers, Nutella chocolate hazelnut spread, and Kirkland pure maple syrup. The Riceworks are really good dipped in the hummus I made yesterday! Haven't tried the other things yet.

Archived