• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Celiac.com E-Newsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsCeliac.com E-Newsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts   What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet What if my doctor won't listen to me? An Open Letter to Skeptical Health Care Practitioners Gluten-Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Gf In L.a.?

4 posts in this topic

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

tarnalberry    314

Some of those places are not also in LA (and make me wish I lived closer to SD) - though, of course, Outback, PF Changs, and El Pollo Loco are. (They've got a nice little list for Orange County that I'll find useful... that teahouse; I can't believe I haven't been there!!) I've heard that Rubio's can be accomodating. Depending on where in LA you are, this list may also help.

Guest Addicted2Gluten   
Guest Addicted2Gluten

You definitely have a lot of options in Los Angeles. Practically every place will accomodate the needs of a celiac. I've heard that In N' Out burgers are gluten free (without the bun) along with their french fries. Here are some of the places that I went to:

*King's Road Cafe: Very casual outdoor cafe with a lot of good gluten free salads.

*Les Deux Cafe: A very nice restaurant hidden in a dumpy parking lot. Very expensive but good food. It is organic french country cuisine. A lot of gluten free options and the waiters and waitresses were very aware of celiac disease.

*The Polo Lounge: Excellent place for a celiac. Located inside The Beverly Hills Hotel. They will make anything you want, just tell them your allergies. Let's just say that I went there while I was on the Specific Carbohydrate Diet and I had an assortment of great meals everyday without going hungry.

*Nobu: A Japanese Peruvian restaurant with many options. Just make sure you don't get soy sauce on anything.

*The Ivy: very expensive, famous restaurant. The food is great and most things are made gluten free. They are very aware of celiac disease.

*Locanda Veneta: Italian restaurant with many fish and meat entrees to choose from. It is an organic restaurant and they are very accomdating.