• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Subscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsSubscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter   What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet What if my doctor won't listen to me? An Open Letter to Skeptical Health Care Practitioners Gluten-Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes

Pei Wei, Do You Like It?

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

Soy? In a Chinese restaurant? lol. There IS gluten-free soy sauces, but soy sauce is still a huge ingredient in Chinese dishes. Tofu too. So if you are soy-intolerant, then Chinese cuisine is PROBABLY pretty much off limits to you. Unfortunately, those of us that are intolerant of more than just glutens, a gluten-free menu isn't the fix it is for just gluten-intolerants.

I ate at Pei Wei for the first time last weekend and had no problems. (But, I can eat gluten-free soy sauce.) However, I don't think the dish I ate had soy in it, but I'm not sure. I tried the Pei Wei Spicy Chicken and white rice.

I know Pei Wei has a gluten free menu, but I still get sick from eating there. Is it from cross-contamination? Or is it probably my soy intolerance?

My husband and I have eaten at our local Pei Wei 4 times since going gluten free. Out of the four times, we've been glutened twice by "gluten free" food.

IMHO it's cross contamination. This usually happens when they're busy and the main manager isn't there. We've decided not to risk it anymore.

JoAnn

My husband and I have eaten at our local Pei Wei 4 times since going gluten free. Out of the four times, we've been glutened twice by "gluten free" food.

IMHO it's cross contamination. This usually happens when they're busy and the main manager isn't there. We've decided not to risk it anymore.

JoAnn

That would definitely make sense because it's not like their hiring people trained in anti-CC procedures. They're people hired off the streets. I couldn't really trust them to be 100% diligent with avoiding cross-contaminatio.

Ads by Google:

I really enjoy the Pei Wei spicy chicken and/or shrimp. They will even use the gluten free soy sauce and make the fried rice for me. They are familure with me and that helps a lot. I think they start cooking my food as soon as they see me walk in the door. Every once and a while they run out of the gluten free soy sauce but that is because people have discovered it and like it better than the other!!

I did try something the other day that was like a spring roll, I think it was the Asian wrap. It had rice paper on the outside.I thought it would be like an egg roll but the only simularities was the shape. This was a cold dish with a peanut dipping sauce. Did not like it. had too much lemon grass.

I got glutened the very first time I ate there. I had the sweet and sour chicken and the spicy chicken that time. Since then, I have only eaten the Vietnamese salad rolls, and I've been fine. I don't know which one of the original menu items it was that got me sick.

Ads by Google:

I ate there once--had the sweet and sour chicken. It was good, although a bit too sweet, and I did not get sick.

I much prefer PF Changs. My location is very aware of cross contamination and I've had nothing but good luck there.

I think i've been glutened once when i was there at the lunch rush. otherwise, no problem. not as good as pf changs, but still all right in a pinch.