This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

Gluten-free Restaurants In The Hampton Roads, Va Area

mrsroo

mrsroo Rookie

The following list of restaurants that offer gluten-free menu items (or will accommodate gluten-free requests) in the Hampton Roads, VA area (including Chesapeake, Norfolk, and Virginia Beach) has been compiled by Chesapeake Tidewater Celiacs (a chapter of the Celiac Disease Foundation).

Chesapeake

[*]Carolina Cupcakery Dessert Caf

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

lizard00 Enthusiast

Thanks for posting that!!! I'm from that area, and still have family there, so we visit pretty regularly. Nice to have a list of places for reference :)

Lisa Mentor

Thank you for posting too! Many are my frequent stops.

phightin phils Rookie

My wife and I highly recommend Burton's in VA beach. Great gluten-free menu, delicious food, including hand cut fresh French fries!

• 6 months later...
mbrookes Community Regular

Is there a place in VA Beach to buy Udi's bread? I will be there for a week and really don't want to have to lug it up there. Thanks.

GlutenFreeManna Rising Star

Is there a place in VA Beach to buy Udi's bread? I will be there for a week and really don't want to have to lug it up there. Thanks.

This post is old, but I live in Virginia Beach and I have yet to find Udi's anywhere here. The only pre-made breads I have seen are EnerG and Food For Life. The FFL is at Trader Joes. EnerG breads are at Farm Fresh and a local allergy free shop called Navan Foods. You can see what else Navan foods has available from their website here: Open Original Shared Link You can look up what is available at Farm Fresh stores by looking at their Internet Express shopping feature (type in gluten free after you choose a store). Open Original Shared Link

Every Farm Fresh has an aisle for gluten free foods (it will say gluten free in the list of things in that aisle), but every store has a different variety of foods. Some have more selection than others. Not all FF stores have the online shopping feature so you don't know what they will have until you go there. The prices you see online will be the same as in the store and you don't have to buy anything online to use the online shopping feature.

GlutenFreeManna Rising Star

The following list of restaurants that offer gluten-free menu items (or will accommodate gluten-free requests) in the Hampton Roads, VA area (including Chesapeake, Norfolk, and Virginia Beach) has been compiled by Chesapeake Tidewater Celiacs (a chapter of the Celiac Disease Foundation).

Chesapeake

[*]Carolina Cupcakery Dessert Caf

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

lovegrov Collaborator

Timely for this to come back up. We head to Va. Beach Sunday.

richard

Fredknows Newbie

Timely for this to come back up. We head to Va. Beach Sunday.

richard

KO Catch31

There attitude on our gluten-free needs was negative energy,

We had to get up and leave.

Archived