• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Celiac.com E-Newsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsCeliac.com E-Newsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Gluten-Free @ The Mgm Grand

3 posts in this topic

has anyone stayed at the MGM Grand on a gluten-free diet? if so any thoughts? my husband and i are going there in june to celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary. i appreciate any input :)

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

My family and I stayed there this past May. We had good experiences at Wolfgang Puck's restaurant and Craftsteak. We went to Craftsteak our last night there. It is a little expensive, but in our opinion worth it. We enjoyed the Spring Tasting Menu. My daughter informed the waiter she was gluten free and he checked with the chef to confirm safe foods. To my daughter's astonishment he came back and told her the chef said she could choose anything on the menu and he would make sure it was gluten free. She also chose the tasting menu and she was thrilled to be able to try all of the different foods. It seems so often her only choice is a salad with chicken. I would highly recommend the tasting menu. It was fun to try all of the diffent foods and everything we tried was exceptional. The only thing she had to have different was dessert, but they brought her out a beautiful bowl of fresh fruit (blackberries, raspberries, etc.) all the vision of perfection with cream. Our desserts were good, but we had to admit we were jealous of hers. The presentation was beautiful. If you watch "Top Chef", this is one of the restaurants owned by the head judge Tom Colicchio.

She enjoyed her meal at Wolfgang Puck's so much she still brings up how much she liked it. She had fish of some sort, but I do not remember exactly what she ate there.

I would highly recommend both of these restaurants.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    GenieBelle

• Topics

• All fruit and vegetables contain carbs.  So, you can survive just fine without grains.  You think the Eskimos were dining on rice and fresh salad?  I am not recommending that you go grain free, but consider expanding your list of veggies.  Add sweet potatoes, squashes, white potatoes (if you do not have an issue with nightshades), artichokes, taro, etc.   It is okay to eat rice!  Just not every single day.  People tend to get into ruts consuming  the same 20 foods every week.  No wonder supplements are popular.  Work on expanding your diet.  Eat your toast with peanut butter.  Just not every single day for weeks on end!  I take that back......when foods are in season, we eat a lot of them daily.  Then it's over for another year.  We like to eat local as much as possible.    Nothing like that first watermelon of the season!!!! Waiting for blueberries too.  (Sorry, but imported produce is not the same, in my opinion).   I must say, that living in California is beneficial.  We grow almost 50% of the nation's produce! http://www.latimes.com/food/dailydish/la-dd-calcook-california-its-whats-for-dinner-20140312-story.html
    • And this from Consumer Reports: http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/magazine/2012/11/arsenic-in-your-food/index.htm Rice aside, stop giving your kids apple juice too as it can contain high levels of arsenic too!  Eat real apples -- not juice.  
    • If I am in a bar and it is super busy, I ask for a "to go" cup.  Why?  If a dishwasher is not being used (or demand is overwhelming it), bartenders are cleaning all the glasses the old fashioned way ( sinks, wash and rinse with disinfectant).  Good for killing bacteria I suppose, but maybe not for removing gluten traces.   No bar is going to slow down drink orders ($$$$$)  to wait for clean glasses from the dishwasher!   Is this all true?  I can not say.  I am just speaking from experience when I was barmaid 30 years ago before there were dedicated bar dishwashers.   http://www.servicethatsells.com/blog/how-to-clean-a-beer-glass/ Even if this is "all in my head", I feel better clutching my "to go" cup and can relax.  😊
    • Check out this page and the advice on rice prep: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/2F1MDzyW55pg97Tdpp7gqLN/should-i-be-concerned-about-arsenic-in-my-rice  
    • Hi Rachel and welcome I think you've found the single best site on the web for help and advice. Hope it's of use to you. I tested negative for celiac so no referral. My experience with NHS however suggests it could be worth phoning your Gastro's office and asking the admin staff there to check on this. Things get overlooked... I would avoid anything with those warnings on. It's a pain in the arse because, for example, it recently appeared on a brand of nuts I like. However having some experience of production and marketing environments that warning will only be going on the pack if someone in the company thinks there's a chance of contamination. There's always other products to choose from so I don't take the chance.  Walkers crisps have given me a reaction, yes even the sodding ready salted ones  It's something to do with their production processes. I think Gary Lineker may dance through the factory each week spreading handfuls of flour for good luck. Whatever, I now avoid them.  My energy levels improved over a few months after the diet. It took longer the second time after my challenge. I was still noticing improvements / weird resolutions of odd symptoms up to 9 months to a year later... Lots of good advice here: All the best! Matt  
  • Upcoming Events