• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Celiac.com E-Newsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsCeliac.com E-Newsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Burger King!

10 posts in this topic

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

they are not fried seperatly at the BK by my house.

I'm pretty sure they are fried with the onion rings, and someone told me that they have a coating on them that contains gluten. It stinks, too, because I LOVE their french fries.

Come on folks, let's at least pay attention to what the company says. The fries do NOT have a wheat coating. Check put the ingredients. They are definitely fried in a dedicated fryer separate from the onion rings. However, as with any fast food place, watch out for CC.

richard

Come on folks, let's at least pay attention to what the company says. The fries do NOT have a wheat coating. Check put the ingredients. They are definitely fried in a dedicated fryer separate from the onion rings. However, as with any fast food place, watch out for CC.

richard

Richard - we do, but sometimes we hear things on here or other gluten free boards or friends, and we trust that it's true. I'm glad to see I'm wrong about the coating, but I've yet to see dedicated fries fryer, when BK also serves onion rings. Believe you me, I like BK SO much better than McD and would prefer to go there! So perhaps some do, but mine around my area don't. :(

Ads by Google:

You have to wonder how diligent, if at all, many of these restaurants follow their own stated policies. When I ask the workers, what items are gluten free, or if they have a list, they look at you like you are speaking in tongues. If they are this unaware, how can they be keeping things in separate cookers, if they don't understand why? I asked at several places if they use separate cookers, and the reply was "why should we, we just use the one that is empty".

If a manager in the know, is not policing employees,much less educating them, then doubt the policies are being followed.

I am sure it varies widely from franchise to franchise, and within shifts.

Exactly why I am hesitant to eat out at fast food places... the workers always look at you like you are speaking a foreign language..or in tongues... loved that...

I haven't been back there since going gluten-free. The last time I ate at Burger King, I had a big fat onion ring mixed in with my fries. I thought, "Yay, I love their onion rings!" If that happened now, I'd cry. I would be terrified of CC no matter how many dedicated fryers they have.

When I worked at Burger King, they did not have a designated fryer. Also, the onion rings are placed directly next to the fries, which is why many people find fries in their rings and rings in their fries. The only thing that had a truly designated fryer was the fish, as no one wants their chicken smelling like fish. Sonic also says their fries are gluten free, but they fry them with the onion rings as well as tater tots. I have never found a location that has a designated fryer. I also find it interesting that Wendys FINALLY took fries of their gluten free options, as I had yet to find one with a designated fryer either.

If you live on the East Coast, Five Guys has fried you can eat! Florida and Washington D.C. area