This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

What Do I Eat?

antmimi

antmimi Rookie

MY STOMACH hurts... What do I eat? How do I eat so that things hurt less?

I know some things that came up not allergic on the last allergy test.

I can eat that. So my diet would be just fish.

I've eaten pears. WHAT is OK?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

celiac3270 Collaborator

Bananas, potatoes, chicken broth (make sure it's gluten-free as many are not!)

KaitiUSA Enthusiast

-Rice

-Jello(Kraft brand won't hide anything so I would get that brand)

-Mashed Potatoes and baked potatoes are good on the stomach too

-Also as celiac3270 mentioned chicken broth is good(Imagine has some good gluten free broths...they put gluten free right on the package)

-Yogurt is also supposed to be good(Yoplait is a really good brand..they are like a Kraft brand and will not hide anything either)

Also try enzymes and probiotics...those are great to help build your system back up..and pump yourself with vitamins too

antmimi Rookie

Frustrated. Back to day one again.

I'm sitting at home hurting and not able to o to church. After the TV service, infomercial comes on telling me the "cure" for acid reflux (tablespoon of vinegar).

Like a dummy... I decide, well, why not try it?

I was going to do one pickle, but couldn't as it has corn syrup in it. So tried a teaspoon of vinegar.

Tomorrow I am going to be POOPING acid... I KNOW it.

antmimi Rookie

What type of enzymes? My sister uses some for her daughter but has heard it is bad for celiacs. She says the broad based stuff would be ood but am not sure it is working.

I am going to the accupressure Dr Monday and am hoping she will give me good advice about vitamins, and foods.

I so want to get better. I just need to stop poisoning myself. =(

KaitiUSA Enthusiast

They are excellent for celiacs. Enzymes are extremely helpful for aiding with digestion and really helps your body break down food properly.

I use CompleteGest by Enzymatic Therapy

And if you are not on probiotics you definitely should be...they help fight off bad bacteria and boost your immune system. They do so much and are just a really good thing for your body.

antmimi Rookie

Probiotics enzymes vitamins, have to write those down and ask tomorrow. What is the name of the probiotic?

Kaiti,

Are you somewhat normal feeling now? Do you still feel sick?

Have you heard of NAET? I have a Christian Accupressurist here who does accupressure to get rid of allergies. I have struggled to deal with the stereotypes of this field in Christian circles. Yet, if God is Jehovah Rapha (the God who heals) couldn't God use touch (and even Chinese medicine) to heal people?

My roommate in seminary was Chinese and she said their medicine is really good. But you have to pick and choose what is medicine and what is just "mysticism."

This accupressure person is a Reverend. I just still struggle with whether this is dabbling in something I shouldn't be.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

KaitiUSA Enthusiast

I've been back to normal for quite a while now(except for when I am glutened)

I have been gluten free now for almost 17 months and I guess after the 6th month I was pretty much normal. Felt alot better after the 3rd month though

The probiotic I use is Kyo-Dophilus....even if you choose against this brand make sure you get one with a dark bottle that needs to be in the fridge. This helps keep the healthy bacteria alive. There should be quite a few options.

Can't say I have heard of the NAET.

antmimi Rookie

If NAET works for me, I'll let EVERYONE know...

It isn;t covered by insurance but I have heard great things about it from 2 testimonials (Christian people I know). And my mom was told to make sure that I got a Dr. who knew what she was doing from several nurses she knows (they said it really works). This one specializes in allergies.

It is called National allergy elimination technique. You can find it on the web. It's a little strange but I think it would work even on people with food sensitivities as it is just working with touch and essentially neural pathways (that can be adjusted with touch). I will ask the Dr. to see if she thinks it would work.

It is worth every penny if it works. The first meetin is $145 and the half hour sessions after that are $65. I have already spent about $1000 on all of this. Maybe this will help stop the Dr. bills.

THANKS for telling me that there will finally be a time when I feel normal. I have bought a new crock pot because I was worried that the old one was contaminated to the point that I couldn't clean it (little scratches here and there).

KaitiUSA Enthusiast

Do you have allergies you are doing NAET for? This will not cure celiac...celiac is an autoimmune disorder and it is not an allergy and there is no cure for it. The only treatment is with the gluten free diet as of now.

antmimi Rookie

I am allergic to wheat and corn. So yes, hopefully it will cure these allergies and I am hoping this hasn't gone into Celiac yet.

But I know that allergies can go into all kinds of nasty things and rotten bowels can cause all kinds of nasty things too. I looked up leaky bowel syndrome and WAS APALLED!!!

I am being tested for celiac right now. I will know by Wed.

Guest nini

I went through NAET for a while hoping to relieve some of my other allergies. I spent entirely too much money and it didn't work. I'm still allergic to antibiotics and hormones, nitrites and nitrates, and still very allergic to fragrances. The NAET practitioner tried to tell me it could cure celiac too. <_< personally don't believe it and haven't had any luck with it.

as far as what to eat, what are you NOT allergic to? Then go from there. Food in it's purest form is probably the best way to go, you know, as close to the way nature made it as possible. Start with very bland things like banana's, then add avocado's, apples, yams and potatoes... stuff like that. If your tummy can't handle it in the raw form, then boiling, mashing, baking etc, but avoid adding any fats or seasonings.

baked apples are really good, just wash them really good, put them whole in a pan lined with foil and bake at 350 for about an hour or until mushy.

Anyway, good luck. I know it's tough.

jknnej Collaborator

When my tummy hurts I eat very plain things, like gluten-free pasta with just the teeniest bit of butter, or a plain waffle with nothing on it.

Or, a plain piece of chicken. Stick to bland stuff.

If it's really, really bad I would stick to plain rice, bananas, apple sauce, gluten-free of course, and things like that.

We feel your pain! I hope you're better soon!

antmimi Rookie

I can't have rice (allergic). I have stayed away from bananas becuas they have hurt my stomach in the past. Maybe I need to try it again.

WHY???? Why did I try that vinegar? I knew my system was acidic. Now I am hurting. I had about 1 hour with no acid this morning and thought, you know, it might have helped. Then I forgot to take prevacid before I ate. Hurting camper here.

Milk, milk, milk....

KaitiUSA Enthusiast

Are you on dairy still? Alot of celiacs have problems with dairy at first due to damage in the intestine. I had problems on and off my whole life with milk until going gluten-free now I have no problem with it. Could that be causing you a problem?

There are quite a few foods that you will be able to eat again when gluten-free for a while. You see when I was sick before I was gluten-free absolutely everything bothered my stomach..it didn't matter what. When you start the diet and start feeling better you will find that you can start adding in things. There may be other things you truly can't have though.

antmimi Rookie

If I could think of a way to kill myself that looked like a total accident, I would at this point.

I don't know what to eat. The accupressure therapist told me I was allergic to everything. That's really nice to know. She did give me probiotics but said my body wasn't ready for vitamins or enzymes yet as they would kill my system even more than I was already hurting.

She was very strange. I don't know what to think.

I need prayer.

Guest nini

antmimi, do you have a Dr. that is extremely knowledgeable about celiac and food allergies? I hope so. I'm sure this NAET lady is well meaning, but celiac is not going to be cured by accupressure and and allergy elimination technique. I wish it was that simple. I'm also sure that it's possible this technique helps with allergies, but not celiac. Good luck.

Oh and please don't kill yourself! Your wanted around here at least! I'm sorry you are not feeling so good right now. A whole bunch of us can totally identify with you on that one.

Thomas Apprentice

antmimi,

I'm sorry to hear how sick you are feeling... but you've got to know that it gets better. I hope you keep posting and find the answers and guidance you need.

Archived