• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Subscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsSubscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter   What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet What if my doctor won't listen to me? An Open Letter to Skeptical Health Care Practitioners Gluten-Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes

Rate this topic

Just wanted to say hi to all the old timers! Been a while since I've been on here!

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Pamela Illian

• Topics

• A ha ha ha ha This article is so flip floppin I can't even begin to comment  I.e. - you might be gluten intolerant but can eat some gluten !!!!????? may all potential people with real intolerances find their way here and not use this as their primary source of info on celiac, gluten intolerance, and wheat IgE allergy   yikes
    • Yes the crumpets are excellent. I have them quite often in the winter. Look and taste is excellent. They're probably not as chewy as the gluten ones but that's not really an issue as they are chewy in comparison to what I eat now. 
    • Wow! Didn't realise that was a possibilty! I've had the little biscuits they make, they're really nice and the only danger is finishing the entire bag at a sitting! The weird thing is that I wasn't that fussed about panettones until I couldn't have them any more, now I really want one  The BeFree wraps are the best for burritos and the Newburn ones are good for sandwiches and even mini pizzas. They're each expensive but very good as a treat or if travelling. 
    • If you are still worried you can also ask that the dry ingredients be mixed/poured outside (eg. on a deck, balcony etc.) and only be brought inside once combined with the wet ingredients. I believe someone else on the board once posted this as a suggestion, and I took it up to avoid roommate mutiny. Before I insisted on this, I would always get sick when roommates baked, even if I wasn't there at the time or hid in my room during. It might be however, that your current method is fine for you though - not a lot of studies in this area to prove anything either way.
    • I am more stressed about what sales will be out on cyber Monday and black Friday then the actual thanksgiving holidays lol. Cooking is just cooking, I do it daily, just doing more and some special dishes. NOW once a year sales on products I use daily like supplements, spices, foods, flours, etc....now that has me stressed. Like I have a limited budget but if I get them on these sales I save money for the next few months buying in bulk on sale......but then the stress of borrowing money and doing so....which purchases to make, what saves me the most in the long run, will it last me til the next sale...balancing all this out with a limited budget when your bad with numbers is scary/frustrating. Damnest thing is I do not care for the specials on technology. vanity items, etc. I am just focusing on essentials and stuff I use or would use daily to improve my life and make savings in the long run. I think the only actual 2 items I am looking at is a charm for my mother for Christmas and a water filtration system for my kitchen. Other then that it is all food, supplements, spices, and medications lol.

OH another funny thought due to lack of orders, I am opting to go help cook a community dinner at a church for over 450 people. I already brought/opted in to bring my own spices, starches, etc for the areas to keep it safe for my stations and will be helping with the turkeys and serving up a bunch of gluten free/corn free desserts so I will be in a safe element for my health risk. Got 16 turkeys, 1 food service pan of gluten free pear cobbler, 1 pan of pumpkin chocolate brownies gluten free, pumpkin pies to pull out and do starting in the morning.
  • Upcoming Events