This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Is There A List Of Gf Freindly Places?

VydorScope

VydorScope Proficient

Is there a list of gluten-free freindly places to eat out? I am sorry if I missed it here some place, but I did look and not find it ....

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jhmom

Hi!

Chick-fil-a, Wendy's, Outback steakhouse all have a gluten-free menu. The best thing is to check directly with restaurants in your area and make sure they have dedicated fryer for their french fries, see if they will cook your meat in a seperate pan (away from the grill where they may toast bread), etc.

I hope you are able to find someplace safe to eat :D

Guest nini

Look for The Gluten / Wheat Free Guide to Eating Out. it's by Good Health Publishing compiled by Jeff Beavin

Canadian Karen Community Regular

I recently found out here (to my utter joy!) that Swiss Chalet also is a possibility for us celiacs. They have on their website a list of gluten free products that we can have. Their Swiss Chalet sauce is gluten-free but not their gravy. Also, their baked potato with their cream cheese is gluten-free but not their french fries...... Their chicken is safe for us... (not anything breaded of course.....)

Karen

Guest Sibewill

Try this site, they update it fairly often.

www.glutenfreerestaurants.org

celiac3270 Collaborator

The GFRAP will only be helpful for you, though, if you're in the NE or NW...

VydorScope Proficient

I am in Nashville.. not coevered by that page, but thank you.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Carriefaith Enthusiast

Karen,

Isn't Swiss Chalet great! I've eaten there quite a few times now and have never got sick! :D

celiac3270 Collaborator

Oh, I know! I'll e-mail you a file I have--I posted about it a few months ago, but I have an even newer version now--it's a 136 page Adobe file and it has menus/statements from all chain restaurants, plus a more specific list in certain states: New York, California, Oregon, Rhode Island, Virginia, Washington, and Washington DC. Send me your e-mail address if you want it--the same applies to anyone else. 125 of the 136 pages are chains, nearly all of which would be found in Tenn. LOL...just make sure you specify the restaurant file, since I still have a steady stream of Delphi Food List file requests :lol:

BTW, got it from Yahoo support group, Silly Yaks.

VydorScope Proficient
Oh, I know!  I'll e-mail you a file I have--I posted about it a few months ago, but I have an even newer version now--it's a 136 page Adobe file and it has menus/statements from all chain restaurants, plus a more specific list in certain states: New York, California, Oregon, Rhode Island, Virginia, Washington, and Washington DC.  Send me your e-mail address if you want it--the same applies to anyone else.  125 of the 136 pages are chains, nearly all of which would be found in Tenn.  LOL...just make sure you specify the restaurant file, since I still have a steady stream of Delphi Food List file requests :lol:

BTW, got it from Yahoo support group, Silly Yaks.

Thanks!

celiac3270 Collaborator

Sent...

VydorScope Proficient
Sent...

recieved! THanks :)

flagbabyds Collaborator

celiac3270 send please!

Peaches503 Newbie

Hey celiac3270,

I'd love a copy of that list too, if possible! Peaches503@aol.com Thanks!

celiac3270 Collaborator

Both sent ;)

Guest Lucy

Hi, Me too please, It would be such a gift!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chrislexia4@sio.midco.net

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

celiac3270 Collaborator

I sent it.

One thing I want to mention to everyone who I e-mailed it, too, though, is that you need Adobe Reader. You probably have it and won't need to download it. If you can't open the file, though, you can download it free at their homepage: Open Original Shared Link

-C

celiac3270 Collaborator

This is the exact place to download it. You probably don't want the Yahoo toolbar, though, so uncheck that box further down the page.

Open Original Shared Link

debbie-doodles Contributor

oooh, celiac3270, can I get a copy of that too? THANKS. :) smideb@hotmail.com

lotusgem Rookie

celiac3270, would you mind sending a copy my way too, please? :rolleyes:

Thanks!

Paula

celiac3270 Collaborator

Paula, sorry, could you remind me of your address? I have so many, now, that it's hard to find :lol:

lotusgem Rookie

Oops! Here you go:

Thanks, celiac3270

mrsfish-94 Apprentice

Please email me a copy too! Thanks so much! You really have been a great help to me ...now and in the past!

celiac3270 Collaborator

Both sent.

aljf Apprentice

would you mind sending it to me too? (sorry to hassle you!)

aljf4@yahoo.com

Archived