This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Round Pebbles

Guest Haypaula

Guest Haypaula

Hi, I am new to this site ..I was diagnosed w/fibromyalgia last year but after doing some research have begun to wonder about celiac. I have many round pea sized, hard areas (cysts maybe?) in my outer thighs and upper arms. Does anyone else have this? thanks, paula

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

gf4life Enthusiast

I am not a doctor, and I assume that you have seen a doctor for this, but it sounds like it may be swollen lymph nodes. Have you been checked for a general infection? It doesn't appear to be a symptom specific to Celiac, but it could be a sign that your body is fighting off some sort of illness. I hope you are able to find out what is wrong. What are your other symptoms?

God bless,

Mariann

Guest Haypaula

Hi, I wish it were as simple as swolen lymph nodes, unfortunately there are way too many..some doctors think that people with fibromyalgia have phosphate deposits and that is what they are but I havent had them biopsied so I dont know for sure.

I have heart burn, fatigue, sensitivity to heat, muscle pain, spasms and weakness, depression, dry skin issues, B12 deficiency, chronic low white blood cells, constipation and diarhea, urgent bowel movements, chronic sinus infections, hypothyroid....I think that is it. Paula

seeking-wholeness Explorer

Paula,

I'm not a doctor, but it sounds to me like these lumps may be lipomas, which are benign (non-cancerous) tumors composed of fat cells. I'm not sure how they can be treated. You may want to discuss this possibility with your doctor. It sounds like you are going through the wringer at the moment! I hope your doctor cooperates with testing you for celiac disease, and I hope that going gluten-free produces significant improvement in your various conditions. Good luck!

• 1 month later...
Meenucat Newbie

I have one pea sized hard little bump under my skin near my wrist (like the kind that I think you're speaking of) and I think they are calcium blobs or something??? My mother has a bunch of them - If you find out what they are, please post the answer - my mother told me that they are normal (she asked her doctor about her own little bumps) - I thought I had cancer when I first saw/felt mine :lol:

I think they're nothing to worry about, but I don't know what causes them - and I'm only relying on secondhand information, so go and ask your doctor just to be safe!

travelthomas Apprentice

Paula,

I had one on my hip, that has gone away after cutting all the gluten out of my diet, and one very small one on the roof of my mouth. I kept picking at the one in my mouth, and when it started to go away it didn't disappear all the way. I think it built up scar tissue.

I thought I had fibromyalgia at first also. Most all my symptoms have gone away except the joint pain. I

Archived