This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Severe Pain In Lower Right Abdomen... Related To Celiac?

Becci

Becci Enthusiast

A few years ago I started having severe stabbing pains in my lower right abdomen... It hurts like hell and is so bad most of the time if I move I scream. After three years of daily pain it just went away. It started again two and a half months ago and is just as bad; I am in a wheelchair right now. Dr.'s could never find what it was and said it was all in my head, including the seizures I was having for a while. Yeah, Dr's are morons. They told me the same thing about the Celiac symptoms, they were all in my head. Ugh.

But anyway, I was wondering if it might be a bad symptom of Celiac, and since none of my Dr's know anything about celiac disease they just don't know it.

Please help, I have got to do something!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

nyctexangal Rookie

I'm so sorry to hear of your pain!! :( I have had the EXACT same issues before, I'm a Celiac as well. Do you have sharp stabbing pains in your right side as well as the lower abdomen? I get these pains REALLY bad when I have a UTI that can go into the kidneys. SOOOO weird, but I don't have other symptoms of a UTI, just the feeling terrible and the pain in the abdomen and right side. When this happens, I take D-Mannose powder from my local health store and cranactin (gluten free). And after about 7-10 days, the infection goes away and the pain subsides. Those are just my experiences. Don't know if this what's happening with you, just wanted to throw that out there. But as A Celiac, we are susceptible to UTI's, so wild.

Hugs and healing to you!!

chasbari Apprentice

The small intestine, particularly the duodenum, exits the stomach on the right side and might be considered lower abdominal area. That is where they look for damage when they scope for damage to the villi. I know that before I was diagnosed I was very aware of pain on my lower right side. That being said, it could be something else but... I highly doubt that it is in your head. I put up with that nonsense from doctors for years. I always thought to myself that if this wasn't real pain then I didn't want to ever know what real pain was... guess I really knew all along. I hope you get some answers... real answers ... not just the answers that doctors think are all in their head!

ravenwoodglass Mentor

Have you had a lower scope done? If not it might be a good idea to see a GI and perhaps have one done. I am assuming that you are not being glutened but are you having any GI symptoms? Have you seen your OB/GYN to make sure you don't have ovarian cysts? I sorry the doctors haven't been able to help you yet and hope it gets figured out soon.

nyctexangal Rookie

..hmmm..I don't think my other reply posted..I'm still learning this gig as new Celiac and member of this site. :lol:

I have had these exact same symptoms. Turns out the stabbing and pain in my right abdomen/side is a symptom of a UTI! It's the only symptom I get when I have this kind of infection. So weird. So I use gluten free D-Mannose and cranactin from my local health store. And within a week, the infection is gone.

Hugs to you! Don't know if this will help, but I hope you get to feeling better so soon!

Becci Enthusiast

Thanks to everyone. I have had ALL of those done. I am looking into the nervous system now.

fakename Contributor

Thanks to everyone. I have had ALL of those done. I am looking into the nervous system now.

Hugs 2 you! hope you get better! (I feel bad too).

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived