• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Celiac.com E-Newsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsCeliac.com E-Newsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Feeling In Throat?

4 posts in this topic

Does anyone ever feel like there is a "lump" in their throat or feel like there is a gas bubble there? I can swallow okay but it feels like something is in there even though I went to an Ear, Nose and Throat doctor and they don't see anything with their testing scope.

I'm thinking it could be anything - dry heat (we have a wood furnace), my myofascial pain syndrome, chemicals in my home or mold or anything really, but I was just wondering if anyone else experienced this or had any insight.

Thanks!

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

Do you experience any anxiety? Anxiety can bring on something called Globus Hystericus. Basically it's a feeling of having something in your throat that really isn't there. I had this before diagnosis.......mainly because I was convinced I was dying.....it's gone now, and I'm not dying lol

i get it

do you also experience heartburn?

my dr put me on an rx (as opposed to me taking tums all day) or an over the counter.

i was up to taking it 2x's a day.

when i had my upper endoscopy they looked for GERD. fortunatly i don't have GERD but i do have scarring from the acid reflux

i was told to add a number of foods to my "forbidden list" in addition to going gluten-free/CF/SF - chocolate, caffeine, acids (including tomatos, and anything else in the nightshade family such as eggplant.)

it has helped a LOT - and now i almost never need the RX - i just take it when i KNOW i am going to eat a "forbidden" food such as tomato sauce on pasta or when i have slipped on the diet.

i still get throat lump days - but they are almost gone and are almost only on days i eat stuff i shouldn't

good luck!

Lots of thing could cause a sensation in the throat. Here are a few examples: as the other poster stated reflux, thyroid enlargement/nodules and anterior osteophytes on the cervical vertebrae (they protrude and put pressure on the throat). I am sure there are more causes, this is the few I know of. Another possibility is that the muscle motility has slowed.