• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Celiac.com E-Newsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsCeliac.com E-Newsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Did You Know Almost All gluten-free Baking Items Look Like A Fine White Powder?

3 posts in this topic

I bought something awhile back, and in a cleaning frenzy, I dumped it into a mason jar without labeling it. :blink:

What was I thinking?

I know it must be gelatin or xanthan or guar---something like that.

Any idea how to tell what it is?

So, so foolish....

It reminds me of the time I did the same thing with salt and wound up mistaking it for sugar. When I took my brownies out of the the oven I thought, "Wow! These are really sparkly!" :lol:

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

I bought something awhile back, and in a cleaning frenzy, I dumped it into a mason jar without labeling it. :blink:

What was I thinking?

I know it must be gelatin or xanthan or guar---something like that.

Any idea how to tell what it is?

So, so foolish....

It reminds me of the time I did the same thing with salt and wound up mistaking it for sugar. When I took my brownies out of the the oven I thought, "Wow! These are really sparkly!" :lol:

I'm not sure, but if you gave it to Rice Guy, the way he is always experimenting, I bet he could have it figured out by tomorrow morning :lol:

If you have any of the above already labeled, you could try comparing them side by side or tasting them to see what matched.

If you have any of the above already labeled, you could try comparing them side by side or tasting them to see what matched.

I do this sometimes. I buy from a reliable bulk bin store and come home with a plastic bag of white powder, which I put in the pantry until the appropriate container becomes empty. But by that time, which is the appropriate container?? :lol: So I taste what's in the bag and then try white rice, or tapioca, or whatever.....Now I have learned and write in black marking pen on the bag before popping it in the pantry for another day :rolleyes: