• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Subscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsSubscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter   What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet What if my doctor won't listen to me? An Open Letter to Skeptical Health Care Practitioners Gluten-Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes

Any Gluten-Free Bisquick Mix Sightings?

Rate this topic

45 posts in this topic

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

I believe all Publix stores have it now. This is a chain in the southeast. Someone on my local board said they found it at an Alcoa, TN Wal-Mart.

It's out there, for sure.

I've seen several people reporting they've been using it already (Live Gluten Freely on Facebook), so I'm keeping my eyes peeled in hopes I'll find some soon!!

Ads by Google:

i found it at king soopers (aka kroger) in fort collins, co. i made the coffee cake recipe off their website...loved it:)

hez

Ads by Google:

Butler, Pa has gluten-free Bisquick!!!!! Friedman's at the Point Shopping Center

Ads by Google:

My Daughter bout me some at Wal-mart in Vancouver Wa. I get it on Tuesday. She also got the hamburger helper. Cant wait to try them both.

Grump

I got the bisquick in Pawleys Island, SC at a Lowes Food store...I've seen some Hamburger Helpers that were gluten free, chicken fried rice and the Asian one...are their more?

I haven't found it yet. Please, PLEASE, tell me it dosen't have soy or dairy in it. PLEASE :):(

Bought 3 boxes here in Warner Robins, GA at Kroger's. Bought a loaf of the new Nature's Own Gluten-Free White Bread as well.

Ads by Google:

Can't find it here in WA, but if it requires eggs, it won't work for me anyway.

Please correct me if I'm mistaken, but I don't think it requires eggs. When using a recipe whereby one bakes from scratch, and uses separate ingredients, one would possibly need eggs, flour, salt, sugar, baking powder, butter or shortening, etc.

With the modern miracle that is Bisquick however, one needs only milk or water. Thus the "quick" in Bisquick.

Now, as to whether there are eggs already IN Bisquick may be another question. One I don't know the answer to.

best regards, lm

Found it at my local Krogers (Indiana). When looking for it, think small (about cake mix box size) . . . not that big box of bisquick that you are used to seeing. I found it with the regular Bisquick but on a different shelf. It's a 1 lb package.

Ingredients:

Rice Flour, Sugar, Leavening (baking soda, sodium aluminum phosphate, monocalcium phosphate), Modified Potato Starch, Salt, Xanthan Gum.

It does say

MAY CONTAIN SOY INGREDIENTS.

Please correct me if I'm mistaken, but I don't think it requires eggs. When using a recipe whereby one bakes from scratch, and uses separate ingredients, one would possibly need eggs, flour, salt, sugar, baking powder, butter or shortening, etc.

With the modern miracle that is Bisquick however, one needs only milk or water. Thus the "quick" in Bisquick.

Now, as to whether there are eggs already IN Bisquick may be another question. One I don't know the answer to.

best regards, lm

This ain't your mama's Bisquick! In fact, it doesn't resemble the original Bisquick at all. Nor does it have any shortening in it. Every recipe on the box calls for eggs. The main ingredients are rice flour, sugar, leavening, modified potato starch, salt and xanthan gum.

At $3.84 a box (Wal-Mart) I think it's rather expensive considering the cheap ingredients in it. I did buy some but have not tried it yet.

Ads by Google:

This ain't your mama's Bisquick! In fact, it doesn't resemble the original Bisquick at all. Nor does it have any shortening in it. Every recipe on the box calls for eggs. The main ingredients are rice flour, sugar, leavening, modified potato starch, salt and xanthan gum.

At $3.84 a box (Wal-Mart) I think it's rather expensive considering the cheap ingredients in it. I did buy some but have not tried it yet.

Oops, sorry 'bout that Julie. I assumed, incorrectly, that the gluten-free version would be more similar to the regular kind.

best regards, lm

I found it at Dillons in Missouri...$4.50 a box (wow!). I went ahead and bought it, but I'm not sure I'll buy it again...rice flour and potato starch are the main ingredients...heck, I've got those in my fridge. Why pay so much for it in a tiny box?

Anyway, I'll try it tonight and see how it goes with chicken and dumplings! :D Can't wait!

Bought 3 boxes here in Warner Robins, GA at Kroger's. Bought a loaf of the new Nature's Own Gluten-Free White Bread as well.

I found it in Wal-mart, but not my regular grocery store. I live in the South Plains region of Texas.

Wait, what? Nature's Own Gluten Free Bread? Cool. Is that in the freezer section?

Nature's Own Gluten Free Bread is sold fresh and only in the Atlanta, Georgia area and they have no plans to sell it to any other area :(

I emailed them and told them I was excited that they were making a gluten free bread and that I was looking forward to seeing it in my area. They promptly emailed me back and said, Sorry but we're not planning on selling it anywhere else. So...bummer there.