• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Celiac.com E-Newsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsCeliac.com E-Newsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts   What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet What if my doctor won't listen to me? An Open Letter to Skeptical Health Care Practitioners Gluten-Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Cysts Went Away!

9 posts in this topic

cantate7    1

I self-diagnosed gluten intolerance a year ago and went to a gluten-free diet. Gradually, all kinds of small irritations I had had but not connected to gluten went away. For years I had breast cysts and was getting an ultrasound every summer. Time came for this one. Guess what? No cysts! 13 months into going gluten-free I now have one thing which changed that is provable by lab report. This was not even something that I thought was related, but it must be one of those systemic inflammation things. Anyone else have such an experience?

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

AlysounRI    12

I self-diagnosed gluten intolerance a year ago and went to a gluten-free diet. Gradually, all kinds of small irritations I had had but not connected to gluten went away. For years I had breast cysts and was getting an ultrasound every summer. Time came for this one. Guess what? No cysts! 13 months into going gluten-free I now have one thing which changed that is provable by lab report. This was not even something that I thought was related, but it must be one of those systemic inflammation things. Anyone else have such an experience?

Yes, most definitely.

I have had two lumps of tissue (I read that they are cysts) for about 25 years (about the same time as I was experiencing all these problems). They are now shrinking a lot. I expect them to go away within the year, I hope.

Inflammation can very systemic!!

cassP    175

oh THAT is such ENCOURAGING news!!!! ive had fibrocystic issues off & on.. but really bad this past year- my ultrasounds were horrific... ive only been 100% gluten-free for 3 weeks now... i hope to have mine disappear too !!

naiiad    4

I've had cyst problems for a year or so (got them ultrasounded and everything). They've gone away since I went gluten-free. I had no idea it could be related!

• Upvote 1

Ads by Google:

cantate7    1

I really noticed mine shrinking after I'd been gluten-free about nine or ten months (the first few months I kept discovering new things that had gluten in them). Keep up that diet! Hope they go away for you as well!

• Upvote 1

digmom1014    5

Okay, don't want to rain on anyone's wonderful cyst-free happiness parade but, I had terrible fibrocystic breasts ALL of my life. They finally are not bothering me after being gluten-free for over 3 years. Just wanted to add that so people who may have been sick for a long time, prior to diagnosis would not get discouraged when they aren't "cured" quickly.

Ads by Google:

mushroom    1,205

Okay, don't want to rain on anyone's wonderful cyst-free happiness parade but, I had terrible fibrocystic breasts ALL of my life. They finally are not bothering me after being gluten-free for over 3 years. Just wanted to add that so people who may have been sick for a long time, prior to diagnosis would not get discouraged when they aren't "cured" quickly.

I was always getting called back for extra mammo films and ultrasounds, had four neg. biopsies; since gluten free 1 year have had no further callbacks.

• Upvote 1

EvieLS    1

I had not realised their was a connection, not having cysts for a few years since free of gluten after having needle biopsies. Woopee B)

• Upvote 1