• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Celiac.com E-Newsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsCeliac.com E-Newsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Vemma

8 posts in this topic

I was wondering if anyone has tried this 2 oz. vitamin drink and if so has it helped at all with feeling better or having more energy.

I am asking because there is this lady who said she was a celiac and she swears by this stuff, she said she never bloats anymore is not tired and has loads of energy. She is claiming it helps heal our weak immune system.

I want to try it and want anyones input on this.

There is a web site for it too, vemma.com

Thanks everyone for your help :)

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

Went on the website and noticed the kid's version called NEXT states it is gluten free, but the adult version, VEMMA, does not. Would need to check on that. I'm always worried when they say natural flavors in ingredients.

Went on the website and noticed the kid's version called NEXT states it is gluten free, but the adult version, VEMMA, does not. Would need to check on that. I'm always worried when they say natural flavors in ingredients.

What are the dangers about natural flavors, isn't that a good thing? Thanks for replying I really appreciate it.

What are the dangers about natural flavors, isn't that a good thing? Thanks for replying I really appreciate it.

First, on the natural flavoring: I am always suspect of natural flavoring listed in any food that does not specifically state "gluten free". I would guess that many things listed as natural flavor could certainly be free of gluten, but it sounds too much like a catch-all to me, so I don't take the chance. Cocaine is all natural too, and so is wheat, but I'm not doing that either. You may want to hear from others more experienced than me, I've been doing this less than 3 months. But I feel so good that I'm not willing to spoil it.

Secondly, on the VEMMA vitamin fact sheet found on their website. The kid's version specifically states GLUTEN-FREE. The adult version does not. I'd definitely contact the company before giving it a try. Almost every company I have contacted has responded quickly and (so far) honestly. I really would LOVE to find a liquid multi - I'll be contacting them when I have a a few free seconds.

You did better than me on that website. I couldn't find an ingredient list. But I'm assuming it's got citrus in it? That would make it impossible to drink for me.

Secondly, on the VEMMA vitamin fact sheet found on their website. The kid's version specifically states GLUTEN-FREE. The adult version does not. I'd definitely contact the company before giving it a try. Almost every company I have contacted has responded quickly and (so far) honestly. I really would LOVE to find a liquid multi - I'll be contacting them when I have a a few free seconds.

Ads by Google:

You did better than me on that website. I couldn't find an ingredient list. But I'm assuming it's got citrus in it? That would make it impossible to drink for me.

Yeah, I had to search a bit to find it too. On the Vemma.com website, click on the individual product tab (i.e., Vemma, Next, etc.). Look just a bit directly below the Account Login link. There's a Product Fact Sheet on each tab.

Wheat has to be declared in the ingredient list but barly and rye don't and could be "hidden" under the term natural flavors. Alot of natural flavors are gluten free, you just need to contact the company to find out.

Wow still alot for me to learn here. Thanks for all the info. I did find the number and call them. The kids Next is gluten free but the vemma has not been offically labeled gluten free as of yet so they can not say it is until it has been certified.

I did get to speak to the gal that has celiac and is taking this product and she said it is working for her and when her other celiac friend called they did tell her it was gluten free....wow how this can get confusing!

Would be really nice if all places would label either gluten free or contains gluten.

Thanks again everyone.