This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Elizabeth Arden

mommyto3

mommyto3 Contributor

I thought I'd post the list I just received from Elizabeth Arden. This is all of their products that contain gluten (I love EA cosmetics!)

Thank you for contacting Customer Care at ElizabethArden.com.

For your convenience I have included below the complete list of

Elizabeth Arden products containing gluten:

Alfred Sung Forever Body Lotion

Ardenbeauty Body Wash

Badgley Mischka Glamorous Bath And Shower Gel

Ceramide Eyes Time Complex Cream (Eye Wish)

Ceramide Moisture Network Night Cream

Ceramide Plump Perfect Firming Body Souffle

Ceramide Time Complex Moisture Cream

Ceramide Time Complex Moisture Cream Spf 15

Diamonds And Emeralds Elizabeth Taylor Perfumed Body Lotion

Diamonds And Rubies Elizabeth Taylor Perfumed Body Lotion

Diamonds And Sapphires Elizabeth Taylor Perfumed Body Lotion

Elizabeth Arden Hydra-Gentle Cream Cleanser

Elizabeth Arden Natural Volume Mascara

Elizabeth Arden Perpetual Moisture 24 Cream

Elizabeth Arden Perpetual Moisture 24 Eye Cream

Elizabeth Arden Perpetual Moisture 24 Lotion

Elizabeth Arden Perpetual Moisture Cream

Elizabeth Arden Spiced Green Tea Comforting Body Cream

Gant Liquuid

Edt

Gardenia Elizabeth Taylor Body Cream

Green Tea Body Radiance Mousse

Green Tea Calming Body Balm

Green Tea Cooling Bubbles Foot Lotion

Green Tea Honey Drops Body Cream

Green Tea Honey Drops Body Cream

Green Tea Hydrating Body Mist

Green Tea Relaxing Bubble Bath

Oil Removing Soap Color Concentrate

Peel And Reveal Revitalizing Treatment

Perpetual Moisture 24 Cream

Perpetual Moisture 24 Eye Cream

Perpetual Moisture 24 Lotion

Prevage

Prevage Eye Anti-Aging Moisturizing Treatment

Prevage Md

Skin Simple Beauty Sleep Night-Time Moisture Cream

Skin Simple Eye Gleam - Spf 10

Smooth The Way Retexturizing Peel

Spa Bath And Shower Gelee

Spa Bath And Shower Gelee/Euphorics

Spa Bath And Shower Gelee/Exhilarators

Spa Bath And Shower Gelee/Tranquilities

Sunflowers Cooling Bubbles Foot Lotion

Sunflowers Cooling Bubbles Foot Lotion

Thickening Mascara

White Diamonds Elizabeth Taylor Perfumed Body Cream

With Love... Hilary Duff Shower Gel

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

butterfl8 Rookie

Thank you!! I love EA too.

-Daisy

• 6 years later...
Wynne Newbie

OH, no! I LOVE Ceramide and Prevage. I just BOUGHT a whole new expensive gift set of Prevage but thought I would google it to see if it has gluten, because I have been using it every day (with great results) and my face is itching. Now my nose has broken out in what I assume is a type of dermatitis. I have also been extremely sleepy. This may be the culprit! At first I had little bumps, then peeling and the itching! Now the itching has spread to top of nose, on chin and my face. Before the nose breakout I was afraid my skin cancer was back because my scar was itching.... btw itching is a sign of cancer my dermatologist told me, after 3 surgeries eye to chin for a Hutchinson freckle.  I am going to return the Prevage and stop using what I have left for a month and see if my dermatitis or whatever goes away. Thanks so much!!

kareng Grand Master
8 hours ago, Wynne said:

OH, no! I LOVE Ceramide and Prevage. I just BOUGHT a whole new expensive gift set of Prevage but thought I would google it to see if it has gluten, because I have been using it every day (with great results) and my face is itching. Now my nose has broken out in what I assume is a type of dermatitis. I have also been extremely sleepy. This may be the culprit! At first I had little bumps, then peeling and the itching! Now the itching has spread to top of nose, on chin and my face. Before the nose breakout I was afraid my skin cancer was back because my scar was itching.... btw itching is a sign of cancer my dermatologist told me, after 3 surgeries eye to chin for a Hutchinson freckle.  I am going to return the Prevage and stop using what I have left for a month and see if my dermatitis or whatever goes away. Thanks so much!!

The info on this thread is 6 years old.  Lots of products change ingredients during that time.

• 8 months later...
bhglitzgeek Newbie

Does anyone know if the flawless finish foundation line is gluten free?  I've searched everywhere for an answer but haven't found one.

thanks,

bhglitzgeek

cyclinglady Grand Master
1 hour ago, bhglitzgeek said:

Does anyone know if the flawless finish foundation line is gluten free?  I've searched everywhere for an answer but haven't found one.

thanks,

bhglitzgeek

Did you try contacting them?  

• 1 month later...
Wynne Newbie

Googling for an answer to the EA question I discovered Vitamin E is in some of EA's products and that vitamin E contains wheat germ which has gluten in it!!! The article was 2008 and they were supposed to be changing to a non gluten form of Vitamin E.  This led me to a shocking Mayo Clinic statement that topical gluten or wheat cannot cause a problem with Celiacs or gluten intolerant people!! A doctor says, "Gluten-containing skin care products and cosmetics aren't a problem unless you accidentally swallow them. For this reason, avoid using such products on your lips or around your mouth. Also, avoid using gluten-containing dental products, such as certain mouthwashes and toothpastes. If you're uncertain about whether a product contains gluten, check the ingredient list on the product label or contact the manufacturer.

Some people develop a form of celiac disease called dermatitis herpetiformis (DH), which causes an itchy, blistering rash. This skin disorder is also linked to gluten intolerance. But although it involves the skin, DH is caused by ingesting gluten, not by skin contact with gluten. So, eliminating gluten from your diet will help clear up DH as well.

If you use a cosmetic or skin care product that contains gluten and you develop a skin reaction, see your doctor or dermatologist to identify the cause. It is possible to have an allergy to wheat or another grain that could cause a skin reaction, but this would not be due to celiac disease."

Open Original Shared Link

Really?? I do not believe that. Do y'all???

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

kareng Grand Master
1 hour ago, Wynne said:

Googling for an answer to the EA question I discovered Vitamin E is in some of EA's products and that vitamin E contains wheat germ which has gluten in it!!! The article was 2008 and they were supposed to be changing to a non gluten form of Vitamin E.  This led me to a shocking Mayo Clinic statement that topical gluten or wheat cannot cause a problem with Celiacs or gluten intolerant people!! A doctor says, "Gluten-containing skin care products and cosmetics aren't a problem unless you accidentally swallow them. For this reason, avoid using such products on your lips or around your mouth. Also, avoid using gluten-containing dental products, such as certain mouthwashes and toothpastes. If you're uncertain about whether a product contains gluten, check the ingredient list on the product label or contact the manufacturer.

Some people develop a form of celiac disease called dermatitis herpetiformis (DH), which causes an itchy, blistering rash. This skin disorder is also linked to gluten intolerance. But although it involves the skin, DH is caused by ingesting gluten, not by skin contact with gluten. So, eliminating gluten from your diet will help clear up DH as well.

If you use a cosmetic or skin care product that contains gluten and you develop a skin reaction, see your doctor or dermatologist to identify the cause. It is possible to have an allergy to wheat or another grain that could cause a skin reaction, but this would not be due to celiac disease."

Really?? I do not believe that. Do y'all???

Of course, I " believe" that.  They are not the only Celiac researchers to say that.  I " believe" in science.  And the way Celiac works, it must be in your GI tract.

"Gluten is only toxic to celiac patients and patients with dermatitis herpetiformis (DH) if ingested. Because gluten cannot be absorbed through the skin, the use of cosmetic and shampoos containing gluten has not been shown to be detrimental to patients with celiac disease or DH. However, we do recommend gluten-free lip products, hand lotions and other products that may end up near the mouth."

cyclinglady Grand Master

Yep! I do not worry about a celiac reaction except what can end up in my mouth.   So, I make sure my lipstick and hand lotion are gluten free.  

You can have an allergic reaction to anything topical.  Like my Aunt has a nickel allergy and can not wear cheap earrings.  My family can not use bandages that contain latex.  You can have a wheat allergy in addition to celiac disease too.  

Learn more about things in cosmetics that can trigger allergies:

Gemini Experienced

Wynne...yes, as Kareng and cyclinglady have said, this is absolutely true!  Not only that.........

Open Original Shared LinkOpen Original Shared Link

This is not a new article but I have yet to see anything today that disputes this. I only count medical or research information, not celebrity blogs! Tricia Thompson is a well respected nutritionist.

Archived