• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Celiac.com E-Newsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsCeliac.com E-Newsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts   What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet What if my doctor won't listen to me? An Open Letter to Skeptical Health Care Practitioners Gluten-Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Guess What Guess What!

15 posts in this topic

Aphreal    26

I have not had a cramp, emergency potty trip or bout of D in 5 days!!!

gluten-free, carb and sugar light. 1 librax at night (can't take it 3x a day. It has valium in it and that just throws me for a loop), 1 probiotic in the morning.

When I mean carb light I mean really light. I am mostly back to whole foods, eggs, boarshead bacon, beans, lean meats, Lots of veggies, watermelon (other fruits kinds tear up my mouth). I have also been dairy light but not on purpose. Not sure if that means something.

I am just so happy that I have been able to go to the store without praying someone isn't in the bathroom!

Oh and I've lost 11 lbs in the past couple of months.

Oh I have been dxed with High blood pressure but on meds for that now too.

• Upvote 1

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

Skylark    935

That's great news! So glad to hear you've found something that works.

• Upvote 1

Ads by Google:

mushroom    1,205

So have you eliminated all grains? Potatoes? or just some? I would be interested in knowing. :)

• Upvote 1

Ads by Google:

lucia    54

Hurray!!! Sounds like we're on a similar diet (although mine is technically SIBO) - basically whole foods, protein in the form of fish, chicken broth, or eggs, and lots of cooked veggies and fruits. It's working for me too!

• Upvote 1

Aphreal    26

Mushroom- Not entirely. I will make like a banana bread and eat a piece (rice flour) once a week. I made pizza the other night and ate several pieces but that is the only grain carb I've had all week. I've given up all the waffles, pancakes, bread, crackers etc. I find I don't really miss them though.

Now things like potato, although carb, do not react in my body like grain carbs do. I eat a LOT of potato. Usually baked. One every other day maybe. I also eat carrots. I seem to have no problem from veggie carb, only grain carb. *shrug* Im not going to try to understand why lol. If it works, I'm stickin with it!

• Upvote 1

Ads by Google:

precious831    32

That's great, I'm glad for you! I'm mostly grain-free(I'm getting there). I still eat white rice maybe once or twice a week. I use a lot of non-grain(buckwheat and quinoa are okay on the grain-free diet, they're not grains). I do feel better too.

• Upvote 1

Yay yay yay yay yay! Congats! I'm in a similar boat...been feeling great for over a month now! I'm trying to not let "pessimistic" Heather back into my brain, but it's still hard. My paranoia runs deep because my symptoms of glutening are so intense!

Good job again, and good job for staying vigilant! Mad props to you!

mushroom    1,205

Lucia, what is SIBO?

Since Lucia is not around, it stands for Small Intestine Bacterial Overgrowth.

I have not had a cramp, emergency potty trip or bout of D in 5 days!!!

gluten-free, carb and sugar light. 1 librax at night (can't take it 3x a day. It has valium in it and that just throws me for a loop), 1 probiotic in the morning.

When I mean carb light I mean really light. I am mostly back to whole foods, eggs, boarshead bacon, beans, lean meats, Lots of veggies, watermelon (other fruits kinds tear up my mouth). I have also been dairy light but not on purpose. Not sure if that means something.

I am just so happy that I have been able to go to the store without praying someone isn't in the bathroom!

Oh and I've lost 11 lbs in the past couple of months.

Oh I have been dxed with High blood pressure but on meds for that now too.

Hurray! It's great to find what works. It makes it so much easier to stick to it when you feel much better. :)

Ads by Google: