• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Celiac.com E-Newsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsCeliac.com E-Newsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Heinz Cream Of Tomato Soup

2 posts in this topic

Just came home from the grocery store after searching through cans of soups. Hidden in with the Mexican food section I found Heinz brand Cream of Tomato...made with corn starch instead of flour. I haven't eaten it yet to get a reaction but this was one of the few cans I saw that didn't have wheat flour as an ingredient. I had been looking for Progresso a I had read somewhere that some of their cream soups were gluten free but my local store didn't carry any of their concentrates. If this turns out to be safe it is a real plus. I am new to this and do cook just about everything from fresh and scratch. Living alone, a few short cuts would be nice!!!Does anyone know if this is a safe product?

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

I don't know if it is the same stuff but at my local grocery store in the Imported food section that has food made in England they have a Heinz tomato soup that is gluten free. I haven't had it in a while though. Is there a phone number or website on the can? If there is I would call and check it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Nati

• Topics

• I was diagnosed with celiac 2 years ago and since have been gluten-free. When I started my ttg was 88. I just recently visited the doc because I still seem to suffer from almost daily stomach pain. My ttg came back at 4. The doc suggested I try Metamucil and next week give lactaid a try as I still eat dairy.  The metamucil I took one day and I had such bad stomach pain and loose bowel movements I felt too miserable to try it again. I haven't tried the lactaid yet but in the past I have and didn't see much difference.  Heres the other thing: I do eat out a lot. I try to stick with safe places but every now and then I play the odds. So I usually manage to get sick once a month (lately it's been more) so I went to the doc and had my ttg level tested to see if my body is still getting gluten and this is why I still feel horrible. But my levels came back at 4, so now I'm just wondering... what the heck? I'm feeling super discouraged and doomed to a life of unexplained stomach pain.    The annoying part is all my dr did is give me the results. Like "oh you're continuing to improve." Ok, but I'm in paid so what's going on? No answers, ever. It seems like I get suggestions, but they never do anything and I'm so fed up with my body. I'm tired of waking up frequently wondering what I could have ate that is bothering me. I had no idea two years later I'd still be struggling. Lately the stomach pain has increased and it's daily now again. I've been taking pepto for it and it helps a bit, but I don't want to live life digging in my purse for pepto everyday.   any advice or suggestions from anyone who has been through this are appreciated.  I get that celiac may not be the only problem but I don't know where to go anymore as I've been searching for 2 years.      
    • I agree that this article is a scare tactic.  Looks like this child was starved to death. Note the article states the parents did not seek medical help. Millions of children and adults have food allergies and intolerance but do not have this happen. Following a medical diet is a healthy choice for quality and quantity of life. These types of articles have no value in this place of healing.
    • I also have a serious water problem. I have not been tested in any way but I my allergist said that there are no safe chemical testing for allergies. I get anaphylaxis from chemicals and have an epipen. Chlorine is a problem for me. When I drink tap water I feel like I have the flu and I got shingles when I tried Pur filtered tap water. We do not have floride in our water. But probably sulphur and more. I was drinking distilled (called dead water for lack of minerals) but I saw a video in my area where someone tested the pH of tap and bottled waters. I got some PH  strips and did so too. I was curious because I have a problem with citric acid causing bladder infections. Well my distilled was highly acidic. I can not drink bottled waters that add vitamins or magnesium. I get severe cramping from magnesium, like 12 to 24 hours of it, even supplements and leafy green veggies. I found Crystal Geiser is a clean spring water that tested base. I carry a list of others in my purse. I feel better already. Good luck, I can relate.
    • Thank you all!!! I really appreciate your advice. I called the lab and they said I could not drink the tap water because of chlorine. I am looking into getting a distiller. It is also very likely that the vitamin B12 and D are low. I am doing my best to take the vitamins but sometimes I skip them. I need to be better about it.  I have actually planned on trying the AIP diet. Thank you for explaining about histamine levels. This further motivates me to try. Thank you!
    • Not the sort of thing I came here to read today....
  • Upcoming Events