This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Famous Daves - 2010

MindytheOrganist

MindytheOrganist Enthusiast

Since hubby's October 2009 diagnosis, we have eaten at Famous Dave's a couple of times. Before we went, however, I went to their website and printed out the entire nutrition information for everything they had. I went through it thoroughly and highlighted the things that were listed as gluten-free. I put it into a book we carry with updated listing from all major restaurant chains, and we had that book with us the first time we visited Famous Dave's. The staff and management at this particular FD's were very knowledgeable and were impressed with the notebook.

We enjoyed a great meal with no reaction from hubby. Just watch the sauces, there are only about a couple that are gluten-free.

It's kind-of a hassle, having to go back every month to update some of the restaurants' gluten-freen offerings, but it's worth it.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online (within 30 mins)

Theresa Lockard
    Newest Member
    Theresa Lockard
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      1m

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A22):

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):

• Upcoming Events

• TessaBaker
      It sounds like you're dealing with a complex situation, and I can understand how frustrating it must be not to have a clear answer. Gut health can indeed play a significant role in various aspects of our well-being, including hair health.
    • Celiac16
      I have found similar benefits from thiamine. I was diagnosed with celiac at 16 and never really recovered despite strict gluten and dairy free diet and no detectable antibodies on checkup bloodworks. I’ve tried stopping the b1 but start to feel bad again- I wanted my doctors to do more extensive testing for the different thiamine transporters and enzymes which would be a better indication if I was deficient or dependent on it but everyone dismisses it (there are know genetic mutations where you need to take it daily for life). I have looked into Thiamine Responsive Megablast Anemia and I have a lot of the more mild symptoms of the disease that manifest when thiamine isn’t given to the patient such as optic neuritis… I just find the parallels interesting. i think that celiacs could be a side issue of inflammation that resulted from vitamin deficiencies. I was eating a lot of sugar leading up to my diagnosis and since eating gluten free didn’t make me feel much better, I’m wondering if this was more the underlying issue (sugar heavily depletes b1). I usually take 1.5g thiamine a day.
    • Fluka66
      Thank you for your welcome and reply.  Yes I've been carefully reading labels looking for everything in bold and have been amazed by what I have seen. However Heinz tomato and basil soup is wheat free so I m thinking I already have ulcers?  The acid could be causing the pain . My pain always starts in one place then follows the same route through me . GP confirmed that is the route of our digestive system.  So much pain from stabbing to tearing. If I throw in milk with lactose it's horrific.  Many years of it now, won't go into details but been seeing a consultant for a supposedly different problem . Wondering what damage has been done over the years. Many thanks for your reply. Wishing you the very best.    
    • trents
      Welcome to the forum community, @Fluka66! Did you realize that the vast majority of all canned soups use wheat starch as a thickener, including such common commodities as Campbell's tomato soup?
    • Fluka66
      Hello. Any help would really steady my nerves right now. I realised recently that certain food left me in agonising pain so eliminated from my diet. I also have a swollen lymph node. My very caring Dr did some blood tests and I went back the other day to see another equally caring Dr . She looked at the test results one result has come back with something wrong. It came very fast so I'm afraid I didn't catch what it was. Anyway the urgent referral to ENT. She did say as I had already eliminated gluten it wouldn't say anything on the results and neither Drs nor I were prepared to reintroduce gluten . I've just had some tomato soup and again in agony only thinking this must have aggravated maybe existing problems. Does anyone know what I'm facing now ? My swollen lymph node , pain when eating gluten and lactose and I'm assuming the acidity of tomatoes triggering pain.  I'm trying to stay calm and to be honest I've been in intolerable pain at times rendering me unable to stand up straight but I've always just got on with it . Guess I'm reaching out and would really appreciate any wise or unwise words at this stage. Wishing you all the very best as you live with this illness. Fluka66