This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Bun, Pizza Or Muffin In A Minute Recipe

bluebonnet

bluebonnet Explorer

not sure if this type of recipe has been posted but i am loving it because it's so quick and easy and versatile. a friend who does atkins gave me the recipe and i've been trying it out different ways. my fav's so far-

chocolate chip banana bread (yummy snack or if you are craving a sweet breakfast)

grab a cereal size bowl and mix together-

1/4 cup of ground flax meal

1/4 to 1/2 t of baking powder (aluminum free)

1/2 t cinnamon

1 egg white

1 packet of splenda (optional) i leave this out.

1/2 banana mashed

a few dark chocolate chips and/or chopped nuts

microwave for about 1 min 30 sec. run butter knife around edges and dump onto a plate. this one taste even better when slightly cooled.

-or-

"slice" of chocolate cake

in a microwaveable cereal size bowl mix together:

1/4 cup ground flax meal

1/4 to 1/2 baking powder

1 packet of splenda (i use honey instead)

2 egg whites

1/2 t (heaping) cocoa powder

1/2 t cinnamon

chocolate chips (to taste ... i use 16 of the gheradelli 60% cacao baking chips)

mix and microwave for 1 min. dump on a plate. (i sometimes top it with a little icecream or let it cool and dust with powdered sugar). dig in!!

-or-

a bun for your burger

in a cereal bowl (or coffee mug)

1/4 cup ground flax meal

1/4 to 1/2 t baking powder

2 egg whites

garlic powder and salt to taste

mix together and microwave 1 min. slice in 1/2 to use as a bun for your meat.

-or-

pizza!!

1/4 cup ground flax meal

2 egg whites

italian seasonings, garlic powder and salt to taste

mix together in a microwavable cereal size bowl. gently top mixture with sauce and sprinkle with cheese and toppings (like pepperoni, onions etc).

microwave 1 min to 1 min 30 sec. run butter knife around edges and set on plate.

for all the recipes i use the bob mill's ground flax and egg whites. but you can use just 1 whole egg.

hope you try it and like it! :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

sa1937 Community Regular

Wow! These sound great! Thanks for posting. I'm craving a burger so think I'll try it for lunch. biggrin.gif

GlutenFreeManna Rising Star

Thanks for posting! I have read about these one-minute muffins on low carb boards before and I have some ground flax but I always forget to try it. I'm glad to see that honey works in place of the splenda (I'm not concerned about the carbs from the honey). Do all of these work with a whole egg instead of just egg white? (I'm not concerned about cholesterol either) :D

BethJ Rookie

Thank you! These look wonderful. I'm doing the low-carb thing and have lost a few pounds. Sometimes I really crave something "bready" and these recipes should satisfy that need.

bluebonnet Explorer

Thanks for posting! I have read about these one-minute muffins on low carb boards before and I have some ground flax but I always forget to try it. I'm glad to see that honey works in place of the splenda (I'm not concerned about the carbs from the honey). Do all of these work with a whole egg instead of just egg white? (I'm not concerned about cholesterol either) :D

yes, 1 egg or 2 egg whites ... i just use egg whites to avoid excess fat. :)

Mizzo Enthusiast

yes, 1 egg or 2 egg whites ... i just use egg whites to avoid excess fat. :)

I made the 1 minute bun.

Did I not cook it long enough or should I use less that 2 egg whites because mine was the texture of spongecake, almost wet sponge cake. but surprisingly tasty considering the few ingredients and ease of cooking.

sa1937 Community Regular

Bluebonnet....what kind of flaxseed meal do you use? The regular (in wont of a better name) or the golden?

I tried a bun for my hamburger and felt the regular had too stong a taste. I think it was Hodgson Mills "Milled Flax Seed", which I keep in the fridge and it's not old. Otherwise I was surprised that it did turn out. I also used a whole egg.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

bluebonnet Explorer

I made the 1 minute bun.

Did I not cook it long enough or should I use less that 2 egg whites because mine was the texture of spongecake, almost wet sponge cake. but surprisingly tasty considering the few ingredients and ease of cooking.

well sometimes i notice its a little "wet" because it needs a few more seconds... every microwave is different. plus when they cool off a bit some of that steam and dampness disappears. oh and it is kinda spongy like ... which is another reason why i like it. because it feels like bread or cake or something made with flour. :)

bluebonnet Explorer

Bluebonnet....what kind of flaxseed meal do you use? The regular (in wont of a better name) or the golden?

I tried a bun for my hamburger and felt the regular had too stong a taste. I think it was Hodgson Mills "Milled Flax Seed", which I keep in the fridge and it's not old. Otherwise I was surprised that it did turn out. I also used a whole egg.

i use bob's red mill whole ground flaxseed meal which comes in a white & yellow 10 oz. bag. :)

sa1937 Community Regular

i use bob's red mill whole ground flaxseed meal which comes in a white & yellow 10 oz. bag. smile.gif

Thanks! I'll have to look for it.

GlutenFreeManna Rising Star

Tried these today to make hamburger buns and they were really good. I was surprised at how much the texture is like regular bread. It's nice and spongy and the taste is close to a whole wheat bread. I would't eat these without anything else on them, but as burger buns they were good.

K-Dawg Explorer

awesome recipes! Thanks

not sure if this type of recipe has been posted but i am loving it because it's so quick and easy and versatile. a friend who does atkins gave me the recipe and i've been trying it out different ways. my fav's so far-

chocolate chip banana bread (yummy snack or if you are craving a sweet breakfast)

grab a cereal size bowl and mix together-

1/4 cup of ground flax meal

1/4 to 1/2 t of baking powder (aluminum free)

1/2 t cinnamon

1 egg white

1 packet of splenda (optional) i leave this out.

1/2 banana mashed

a few dark chocolate chips and/or chopped nuts

microwave for about 1 min 30 sec. run butter knife around edges and dump onto a plate. this one taste even better when slightly cooled.

-or-

"slice" of chocolate cake

in a microwaveable cereal size bowl mix together:

1/4 cup ground flax meal

1/4 to 1/2 baking powder

1 packet of splenda (i use honey instead)

2 egg whites

1/2 t (heaping) cocoa powder

1/2 t cinnamon

chocolate chips (to taste ... i use 16 of the gheradelli 60% cacao baking chips)

mix and microwave for 1 min. dump on a plate. (i sometimes top it with a little icecream or let it cool and dust with powdered sugar). dig in!!

-or-

a bun for your burger

in a cereal bowl (or coffee mug)

1/4 cup ground flax meal

2 egg whites

garlic powder and salt to taste

mix together and microwave 1 min. slice in 1/2 to use as a bun for your meat.

-or-

pizza!!

1/4 cup ground flax meal

2 egg whites

italian seasonings, garlic powder and salt to taste

mix together in a microwavable cereal size bowl. gently top mixture with sauce and sprinkle with cheese and toppings (like pepperoni, onions etc).

microwave 1 min to 1 min 30 sec. run butter knife around edges and set on plate.

for all the recipes i use the bob mill's ground flax and egg whites. but you can use just 1 whole egg.

hope you try it and like it! :)

modiddly16 Enthusiast

oh man. I'm definitely trying this slice of chocolate cake thing tonight!! Thanks so much for posting these! I did read in a recent headline on here something about flax not being safe for pregnant woman...does anyone know the truth to that?

Archived