This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Gluten Free Cincinnati

Coolclimates

Coolclimates Collaborator

I'll be visiting Cincinnati for 4 days and was wondering if anyone could recommend any restaurants/cafes/dining for gluten free options. Also any natural/specialty food stores. I look forward to hearing from you!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

GFRPH Newbie

I'll be visiting Cincinnati for 4 days and was wondering if anyone could recommend any restaurants/cafes/dining for gluten free options. Also any natural/specialty food stores. I look forward to hearing from you!

I don't live in Cincinnati but my parents do so I go there pretty often. There's a Whole Foods in Hyde Park and a company that makes delicious gluten free cheesecake and other cakes nearby. They are called Moondance bakery. There are chain restaurants like Maggiano's and PF Chang, of course. My mom (who Aldo has celiac disease) says she's had good luck eating at Joseph Beth Bookstore's cafe. They have a cook there who eats gluten free. That bookstore is in Hyde Park- near Whole Foods. If you don't live in an area with Wendy's, it's a fast-food restaurant with a pretty good amount of gluten free options. Their website has nutritional info. I hope that helps some. Have a good trip!

Kim27 Contributor

I'm sure there are many, but I recently went to cheeseburger n paradise , good experience! Also there is a huge store just north of cincy called jungle jims. They have a website

dante'sgirl Newbie

I second the need to visit Jungle Jims. It's a really cool store, but be sure to pick up a map to help you find everything. They have an extensive gluten free section, but there are lots of gluten free items in the international section as well. I was thrilled to find they carried a gluten free oyster sauce in the asian section the last time I visited.

Open Original Shared Link provides an overview of dining gluten-free in Cincy. For chains, I have been to the Bonefish, Maggianos, PF Changs, Unos, and First Watch in that area and they were all very educated in gluten free preparation. The only other place I have eaten in Cincy are Doc Greens and Encore both of which I really liked. You have to be into salads to like Doc Greens though.

Coolclimates Collaborator

Cool! Thanks everyone! I appreciate the help. Looking forward to tracking some of these places down.

Sunny34 Newbie

I second the need to visit Jungle Jims. It's a really cool store, but be sure to pick up a map to help you find everything. They have an extensive gluten free section, but there are lots of gluten free items in the international section as well. I was thrilled to find they carried a gluten free oyster sauce in the asian section the last time I visited.

Open Original Shared Link provides an overview of dining gluten-free in Cincy. For chains, I have been to the Bonefish, Maggianos, PF Changs, Unos, and First Watch in that area and they were all very educated in gluten free preparation. The only other place I have eaten in Cincy are Doc Greens and Encore both of which I really liked. You have to be into salads to like Doc Greens though.

dante'sgirl

I live in Cincinnati area and would like to hear more about Doc Greens. I've never been there but it looks very interesting. Are any of the meats gluten free?

I concur with all the restaurants listed. I always enjoy Cheeseburger in Paradise, PF Changs, and most of the Mexican Restaurants are good. I love the Tacos Rincon at Rincon Mexicano in the Eastgate area Open Original Shared Link

I am not ultra sensitive but have never had problems with their Rincon tacos or chips and salsa. There is also a Thai restaurant in Eastgate that has good Pad Thai... the steamed edemamme are excellent as an appetizer too. Montgomery Inn is another good choice.. I order ribs, saratoga chips or sweet potato, and a salad no croutons. I also eat at City Barbeque Open Original Shared Link quite often. All their sauces are gluten free. I order the pulled pork naked, fruit cup, greens, or salad. We have a lot of Chipotles and a fair number of Chick-fil-ets... I love their breakfasts.. I order fruit cup, hash browns, and sausage patty plain. I eat at Penn Stations regularly too... I order the club sandwich no bun on a bed of lettuce and a side of their awesome fresh cut fries. I also eat Skyline Chili's chili cheese fries. Hope that helps!!

Sunny

• 5 years later...
MN-Jason Newbie

Hello all!  Last night I went to Montgomery Inn - The Original based on the reviews from this site, and had a bad experience.  I took a team of 10 business members in and we sat down to order.  I asked the waiter about gluten free options, and he (loudly) snickered, "if you're gluten free, you're in the wrong place."  Luckily, I ordered the saratoga chips and salmon, so didn't get glutened by accident.

Not someplace that I'll be taking my business again. 

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived