• Join our community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Subscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsSubscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter   What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease?  Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet What if my doctor won't listen to me? An Open Letter to Skeptical Health Care Practitioners Gluten-Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes
suzyq63

Egg Noodles?

Rate this topic

Does anyone make a gluten-free egg noodle? One of our family's favorites is Creamy Italian Noodles. Yesterday I bought Tinkyada lasagna, cooked it partially, cut it into egg noodle size strips; then today I finished cooking them and proceeded to make the recipe. I made plenty of extra so my daughter has a couple of meals' worth of "noodles" in the freezer; so at least I won't have to go through the tedious task of cutting lasagna noodles for a while. Thanks.

Paula

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

While they aren't egg noodles I use the thicker style Thai Kitchen noodles when I make stuff like tuna and noodles. I just break them up, since they are spagetti length, before I put them in the water. I also use thier angel hair style a lot. I love those they cook in only about a minute. If you use the Thai noodles do check them starting at about 1/3 of the listed cook time as they do cook fast. If I let them stay in the time they say on the package they end up way overcooked.

The best gluten-free egg noodle ready made is Seitenbacher egg ribbons (gluten-free) they also have reg noodles so be careful when you order or buy them. They do not fall aprt when reheated....Around $5.00 for a 12 oz. bag. Just google & the distributor in Florida will come up.Our family all time stand-by.

blessings

mamaw

Thank you. I will look for both of these. I did find yesterday that using the cut-up lasagna was so much better on her blood sugar (she has type 1 diabetes) than egg noodles. She's only been gluten-free for about 6 weeks, but prior to diagnosis making these noodles with regular egg noodles usually caused quite a bit of trouble with blood sugar.

Paula

If you can't find noodles, broken up gluten-free fettucine works fine. They look like long flat noodles. Just break them into noodle lengths before cooking.

Ads by Google:

I did find a recipe for gluten free egg noodles. I just googled it when I went gluten-free. The only issue I had when I made them was it was hard to roll them thin. I was putting them in chicken soup, so it worked as they were more like a thin dumpling. (assuming you aren't expecting the fluffy types of dumplings, which I learned recently are pretty regional...thanks food network :D )