• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Celiac.com E-Newsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsCeliac.com E-Newsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts   What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet What if my doctor won't listen to me? An Open Letter to Skeptical Health Care Practitioners Gluten-Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Gluten Free Cough Drops
2 2

17 posts in this topic

curiousgirl    9

Can anyone suggest some cough drops? I saw a tiny little post on Ricola...

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

psawyer    686

All of the Hall's line of cough drops are gluten-free. As a diabetic as well, I choose the sugar-free black cherry ones.

• Upvote 1

curiousgirl    9

I was so glad I still had some cough drops in the house! But, alas, they are Walgreens brand honey lemon flavored. Ingredients glucose syrup, eucalyptus oil,flavoring, honey, sucrose and yellow No 5.

Shall I risk it?

Ads by Google:

jerseyangel    409

I wouldn't until I could call and ask--the only suspicious ingredient I see is "flavoring", could be fine but you never know.

Kimeran    2

I would avoid Hall's BReezers. I became VERY ill to the point that I was throwing up and extreme stomach pain. IT Was so bad that I had a colonoscopy as a result.

• Upvote 1

Ads by Google:

Harpgirl    10

Well, no wonder! I've been munching on the Halls for a cough, but I ran out so I switched to a generic brand today because they were in the cabinet. I didn't even think that "flavoring" would be questionable. I thought that maybe my kids cc'd me again today, though I was trying to be so careful.

pedlinron    0

Can anyone suggest some cough drops? I saw a tiny little post on Ricola...

Just had a bad experience with Ricolla cough drops. They claim to be gluten-free but I am a canary in a coal mine when it comes to gluten containing products. Tough morning....

Ads by Google:

deinanthe    6

I also had a bad gluten reaction to Ricola in the last two weeks. Unfortunately, I had a bad case of the flu and a cough so bad I was starting to get sick to my stomach I was coughing so hard, so I was taking their recommended dosage of two every two hours, or whatever it is. I did that for several days in a row. Yeah, I had (what I now know) are gluten symptoms in those couple of days, but I thought it was from the flu! Then I got a bad DH rash. Oops. Gluten. It was the only new thing I was taking. It seems that Swiss gluten-free standards are substantially more lenient than ours.

Justine123    0
On October 22, 2010 at 4:41 PM, Kimeran said:

I would avoid Hall's BReezers. I became VERY ill to the point that I was throwing up and extreme stomach pain. IT Was so bad that I had a colonoscopy as a result.

I have been sick from these as well, I went to hospital with high fever and had to have cold blankets put on me! I tried regular Halls the next time and they were all good :)

kareng    1,976
6 hours ago, Justine123 said:

I have been sick from these as well, I went to hospital with high fever and had to have cold blankets put on me! I tried regular Halls the next time and they were all good :)

Sounds like you had a cold or the flu......

Ennis_TX    243

I got some plain Halls and Honey ones last year that did not bother me. Unsure if they are still safe.

Ads by Google:

KEMB    1

I just purchased some sugar free black cherry Halls cough drops.  I had a reaction when I tried them about 10 years ago but thought they might be okay now based on forum posts.  After just 2 drops I developed severe abdominal pain and headache, exactly the same as when I am glutened.  I waited a couple of days, tried again and the same thing happened.  Just like 10 years ago.  I contacted the company to inquire about gluten content and they referred me to their product information site with ingredient information.  I informed them that the ingredient information isn't adequate to determine if the product contains gluten and that is why celiacs contact manufacturers for more accurate information.  They refused to provide me with any information about whether or not the sugar free drops contain gluten.  I've thrown them away and am now staying away from all of their products.