• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Celiac.com E-Newsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsCeliac.com E-Newsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts   What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet What if my doctor won't listen to me? An Open Letter to Skeptical Health Care Practitioners Gluten-Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Petition For Pizza Hut

8 posts in this topic

Dolphin324    2

Hey, I am going to start a petition to try and get Pizza Hut to begin serving gluten free pizzas. I know it probably won't make a difference, but it's worth a try. I'm composing what the petition will say right now. I would appreciate input on what to add and take out. Thanks :)

So far I have this:

We, the undersigned, would like Pizza Hut provide gluten free pizza for the people who are unable to eat gluten, due to Celiac Disease or other causes.

Pizza Hut would bring in more business if they did begin providing gluten free pizza, because it would draw people with allergies to gluten since not alot of pizza places provide gluten free pizza.

• Upvote 1

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

kareng    1,992

Some of the godfathers have gluten-free pizza. It's made in a gluten-free facility and wrapped, frozen & shipped to the store. They have special pans & utensils. It's ok not great. But sometimes it's good to be able to order pizza. I wouldn't feel safe with gluten-free pizza from Pizza Hut unless it's done like that. Might want to add something about be careful not to cc.

shopgirl    67

Eating pizza that came out of a kitchen where flour is just flung about willy nilly? No, thanks, but good luck. :)

Homemade pizza = much healthier and much yummier. No fear of cross contamination or greasy fingers.

GFreeMO    113

You can use the gluten free Bisquick. The pizza crust recipe is on the back. It's really good. Add your cheese, Hormel pep. and veggies and you are all set!

Pizza hut "gluten free" would scare me. I would never order it.

tennisman    19

Eating pizza that came out of a kitchen where flour is just flung about willy nilly? No, thanks, but good luck. :)

Homemade pizza = much healthier and much yummier. No fear of cross contamination or greasy fingers.

Can you recommend any recipes for a homemade pizza ? I have always wanted to try to make pizza :D

Ads by Google:

psawyer    687

With the right approach, it is possible. Here where I live (Ontario, Canada) there are at least three major pizza chains now offering a gluten-free option.

Pizza Pizza was the first, and they worked with the Canadian Celiac Association to develop safe practices. The crusts are shipped to the location pre-made in one size only (medium), and special processes, along with dedicated baking pans and color-codes distinct utensils (they're bright red), minimize the cc risk. I have had them on several occasions with no problems. The first time I went and watched the process from the counter.

Pizza Nova also now has a gluten-free medium crust, but I haven't tried it.

Boston Pizza offers gluten-free individual pizzas at all locations. They use Kinnikinnick crusts. We've been twice and had a good experience both times.

You need to also watch the toppings. Most are gluten-free, but a few aren't. Boston Pizza marks the gluten-free ones with an asterisk on the menu. Pizza Pizza and Pizza Nova have allergen info online and in-store.

• Upvote 1

Ads by Google:

MelindaLee    45

Can you recommend any recipes for a homemade pizza ? I have always wanted to try to make pizza :D

My local bar/restaurant gets Gluten Free Pantry Pizza and French Bread mix. I havent bothered since there is so good! But I have seen the mix all over the place. This was the first thing I had in a restaurant, 2 days after going gluten-free. I was sold immediately! :D

• Upvote 1