This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

GF Lover Rising Star

Migraines suck. I battled them too, and I offer you this: ICE packs on the back of your head. Knock down that inflammation and sip chicken broth.

okay....

Just teasing you here, so you will laugh (because I know you have a killer sense of humor) but your sig line says you "went dairy free in June 2013 and you have no headaches and less flatulence......

so, since you are a time traveler, can you tell me how I am this time next year? How do I look? and ooh, can you tell us the winning lottery numbers so we can split it??

Hi IH, your actually on the cover of People, Celiac Woman Of The Year :)

Your gonna think I'm nuts but I actually think the powerade I've been slugging down, dehydration, made me sick. I'm dying here. I have Sicca Syn. And really needed the extra boost and can't eat with the headaches. I'm back to water and protein shakes. The good news is I actually gave myself a mani and pedicure during the two days in the bathroom. How's that for multitasking. :lol:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

IrishHeart Veteran

Hi IH, your actually on the cover of People, Celiac Woman Of The Year :)

Your gonna think I'm nuts but I actually think the powerade I've been slugging down, dehydration, made me sick. I'm dying here. I have Sicca Syn. And really needed the extra boost and can't eat with the headaches. I'm back to water and protein shakes. The good news is I actually gave myself a mani and pedicure during the two days in the bathroom. How's that for multitasking. :lol:

Crappers! I was not named Sexiest Woman over 50? damn; that's disappointing!

I know you are not feeling well, honey and you're really being a champ.

Not to go too far off topic here, but do you mean you have Sjrogen's?

And for the dehydration, please, do this.

Here is what you are having for dinner tonight. ;)

(now, we are on topic again)

16 oz. glass of water with a Tablespoon of sugar and a teaspoon of salt. Hubs, the chemist, gave me this drink when I was slowly dying and unable to hold anything in. Works better than the saline bags they gave me in the ER.

Keep me posted via PM so we do not highjack this thread too much.

TightLoli Rookie

I made a big plate of whole grain pasta elbows (rice, obviously) with SIX cheese Ragu sauce, along with some mixed steamed veggies and potatoes. Good stuff, keep under cooking the pasta though, it takes so long.

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

I made a big plate of whole grain pasta elbows (rice, obviously) with SIX cheese Ragu sauce, along with some mixed steamed veggies and potatoes. Good stuff, keep under cooking the pasta though, it takes so long.

You'll get used to the pasta, it has a particular look to it when it's done, I don't even need to taste test it anymore. It gets kinda clear and a little floppy when it's done just right. Well, for my taste anyway.

Tonight's dinner will be spaghetti squash and sausage with fried onions and garlic in olive oil, and maybe tomato sauce, maybe not.....

geesh, for the love of mike! what the?? .....are you following me around from section to section?

Yup! You got a stalker.... :ph34r: :ph34r:

sa1937 Community Regular

and I made lemon bars (but I swear to St. Brigid, they are not for me!! They are for my physical therapist as a gift!!) Honest!! (ask Sylvia)

Sure you are!!! But 10 emails from you just regarding lemon bars? laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

IrishHeart Veteran

Sure you are!!! But 10 emails from you just regarding lemon bars? laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Tell the truth! It was only 5 emails. :D

and, okay, I ate ONE to make sure it wasn't going to make her

vomit-smiley-9529.gif

Tonight's dinner:

Split pea and ham soup

a chebe cheesy roll

but

No lemon bars

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

notme Experienced

vomit-smiley-9529.gif

HA HA HAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!! ROFLMAO!!!!!

thanx, IH :) i needed that!!

ps - i *never* want to see the "D" smiley hahahahahaaa!!!

HA HA HAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!! ROFLMAO!!!!!

thanx, IH :) i needed that!!

ps - i *never* want to see the "D" smiley hahahahahaaa!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Now I kinda do... eh, not really.

love2travel Mentor

Tonight we're going to Bangkok:

Moo Yang (grilled pork that has been marinated in garlic, cilantro, fish and soy sauce, coconut cream, etc.)

Green Papaya Salad

Sticky Coconut Rice

Tonight's dinner:

Split pea and ham soup

a chebe cheesy roll

but

No lemon bars

What's your recipe for split pea soup? Do you get dry peas? And do you think turkey bacon would be a sufficient sub for ham? Maybe brined chicken?

sa1937 Community Regular

Tell the truth! It was only 5 emails. :D

and, okay, I ate ONE to make sure it wasn't going to make her

vomit-smiley-9529.gif

Was THAT all? laugh.gif I thought you were going to make lemon bars for yourself today???

No clue what I'm having for dinner tonight (trying to stay on topic here). tongue.gif

IrishHeart Veteran

What's your recipe for split pea soup?

Do you get dry peas?

And do you think turkey bacon would be a sufficient sub for ham? Maybe brined chicken?

You're inquisitive today! :lol:

I'll type it out and post it soon.

Yes.

NOOO! The ham bone gives it the flavor.

Holy crappers, absolutely NOT!! It would taste like

vomit-smiley-31.gif

But what if I don't eat ham?

(She says in a small sad voice....)

IrishHeart Veteran

But what if I don't eat ham?

(She says in a small sad voice....)

Sorry, sweets, but my recipe calls for a ham bone.

:(

You need a "hamless" (i.e. vegetarian) recipe. How about this one?

http://www.food.com/recipe/vegetarian-split-pea-soup-233926

sora Community Regular

I did a Thai rice noodle dish with chicken and broccoli and egg. Came out great.

sora Community Regular

Tonight is Scalloped potatoes with cheddar and parmesan, Debriziner (sp) sausage and green and yellow beans.

notme Experienced

You already have beets and cabbage from your own garden? We are only just starting to get a few tiny radishes coming. Man, sometimes I really dislike our short summers.

So glad you liked the gastrique! Now you can make it with anything and have it with anything. And it sounds fancy and looks fancy but is simple. Your dinners sound very good. Korean cooking is a favourite of mine. Love ethnic foods! :D

yes, ma'am - i was born & raised in new jersey, so, i KNOW what you're talking about - hard to get things to grow in such a short growing season!

last night:

grilled bbq shrimp

jasmine rice

boiled to death cauliflower just like mama likes it :D

(trying to be nice to my guts as i was 'mystery glutened' last week - things are finally starting to 'reset' - junk body...grumble...)

tonight is:

guinea pig surprise! lolz my poor husband - trying pork stuffed red cabbage w/sweet n sour sauce - it tasted fine in my head! he is such a good sport :)

with plain boiled potatoes (so he will not starve if this turns out terrible)

actually, it smells pretty good

yes, ma'am - i was born & raised in new jersey, so, i KNOW what you're talking about - hard to get things to grow in such a short growing season!

last night:

grilled bbq shrimp

jasmine rice

boiled to death cauliflower just like mama likes it :D

(trying to be nice to my guts as i was 'mystery glutened' last week - things are finally starting to 'reset' - junk body...grumble...)

tonight is:

guinea pig surprise! lolz my poor husband - trying pork stuffed red cabbage w/sweet n sour sauce - it tasted fine in my head! he is such a good sport :)

with plain boiled potatoes (so he will not starve if this turns out terrible)

actually, it smells pretty good

Hey, that sounds good....

Tonight is:

garlic chicken sausage and onions slow sauteed in butter

oven roasted purple&white potatoes

Chebe with Italian seasoning and garlic powder

Notme!, I just have to say, everytime I'm on the board home page, when you're the last one who posted here, I see on the right "What's for dinner?" and then, "Notme!"

It gives me a 'we're not cannibals' giggle everytime.....

notme Experienced

Hey, that sounds good....

Tonight is:

garlic chicken sausage and onions slow sauteed in butter

oven roasted purple&white potatoes

Chebe with Italian seasoning and garlic powder

Notme!, I just have to say, everytime I'm on the board home page, when you're the last one who posted here, I see on the right "What's for dinner?" and then, "Notme!"

LOLZ!!

watch out: we're all gluten free - don't end up on the safe list!! :lol:

Razzle Dazzle Brazell Enthusiast

Baked spaghetti squash lasagna with homemade spaghetti sauce.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/baked-spaghetti-squash-lasagna-style/

IrishHeart Veteran

tonight is:

guinea pig surprise! lolz my poor husband he is such a good sport :)

Yuppers, the whole NE region has a short growing season--we are screwed!! :lol:

and I have used the "he is such a good sport" phrase about my hubs from the moment I met him and for more times/reasons than I can count.

Aren't we lucky chickies?? :lol:

IrishHeart Veteran

:lol: :lol: only you (and I--- and maybe a few other sick pups) would have found that "literal" interpretation upon seeing that combo on the Recent post box!!

I have. And I often wondered if anyone else did--and thought the same thing: we're not flesh- eating cannibals and whew!" :rolleyes: ).

I so heart you.

:lol: :lol: only you (and I--- and maybe a few other sick pups) would have found that "literal" interpretation upon seeing that combo on the Recent post box!!

I have. And I often wondered if anyone else did--and thought the same thing: we're not flesh- eating cannibals and whew!" :rolleyes: ).

I so heart you.

Good thing I'm not a zombie!!!!! :)

IrishHeart Veteran

Good thing I'm not a zombie!!!!! :)

yup. :)

TONIGHT we had:

Cream of chicken soup (made into a ) creamy chicken casserole

with smashed taters and steamed haricots verts (damn, that bag lasts a long time, Karen)

NO dessert.

but I received this from my friend Elaine --regarding the LEMON bars and the pumpkin paleo bread I made with a dairy-free glaze for her gluten-free and DF sister:

"We loved the food. The lemon bars were fabulous! We need the recipes."

IH is going to bed feeling exonerated for the lemon bars debacle.