This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

ker0pi Rookie

Tonight I made my favorite "Oh my goodness it's almost 5 what am I going to make tonight?" dinner. Something I thought would never again be my old stand by. Yummy grilled cheese sandwiches with tomatoes, fresh tossed salad and yummy acorn squash mango soup. Just cooked it up with some Rudi's gluten-free bread fresh mozzarella with roma tomato slices and basil leaves and the yummy acorn squash mango soup I have bought for years is gluten free!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

love2travel Mentor

Rib Eye Steak with Roasted Garlic Dijon Butter

Three Mushroom Risotto with Homemade Pistachio Pesto

Sauteed Swiss Chard in Garlic-Infused Oil

Grilled Zucchini with Fresh Sheep Cheese, Aged Pecorino, Mint and Basil (all melted together - delicious!)

love2travel Mentor

Grilled Jerk Chicken

Saffron and Pomegranate-Infused Rice with Toasted Almonds

Oven-roasted Swiss Chard

Mango Salad with Lime and Poppyseed Vinaigrette

sa1937 Community Regular

Pizza! Totally loaded pizza. My 13-year old granddaughter is spending the weekend with me and she loves to use my KA mixer.

freeatlast Collaborator

Pizza for me too :) Nature's Highlights Brown Rice Pizza Crust with homemade sauce, toppings, cheese.

jerseyangel Proficient

Grilled bacon wrapped filets, mashed potatoes and corn on the cob. Mint Magnum Bar for dessert:)

IrishHeart Veteran

Hubs' sweet Aunt was here for dinner yesterday (hence the late post) but she is so easy to cook for and I LOVE having her here.

Can you imagine an 84- year- old who will happily eat ANYTHING you give her (and who loves her Manhattans? :) ). She is such a fun gal!

She feasted on:

Shrimp cocktail

Tapenade and garlic toasts

artichoke and spinach dip

Filet mignon

Grilled baby potatoes

corn on the cob (the farm down the road has stuff that makes you cry---- it is so good)

Almond pound cake with our blueberries (they finally came in--yaay!!! )

Fresh whipped cream

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

love2travel Mentor

Hubs' sweet Aunt was here for dinner yesterday (hence the late post) but she is so easy to cook for and I LOVE having her here.

Can you imagine an 84- year- old who will happily eat ANYTHING you give her (and who loves her Manhattans? :) ). She is such a fun gal!

She feasted on:

Shrimp cocktail

Tapenade and garlic toasts

artichoke and spinach dip

Filet mignon

Grilled baby potatoes

corn on the cob (the farm down the road has stuff that makes you cry---- it is so good)

Almond pound cake with our blueberries (they finally came in--yaay!!! )

Fresh whipped cream

Oh, yum. Tapenades are so delicious! Well, heck. So is the rest of your splendiferous meal. :P

love2travel Mentor

Thai Beef Tacos with Daikon (and other wonderful fillings) with Thai Chile Vinegar Sauce

Roasted Eggplant with Fresh Mint and Feta

A lovely big mango

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

Ground beef, brown rice, broccoli, sauteed onion, doused in soy sauce & dumped in a bowl. We're philistines...

IrishHeart Veteran

Oh, yum. Tapenades are so delicious! Well, heck. So is the rest of your splendiferous meal. :P

She always says "OMYGAWD!! I am soooo fulll!!""

and I always reply, "whew, that's a relief. I was aiming for that!!" and she laughs!!

Tonight's dinner:

The few remaining "encores"

--as that cake & whipped cream? WENT HOME WITH HER! :)

Adalaide Mentor

That is such a great word!

Poor hubby is missing his nutritionally defunct hamburger helper so he looked up a recipe to make some. I've been known to eat all sorts of things that I wouldn't call good but aren't really bad either so as long as it doesn't suck I'll at least be satisfied if not happy.

I've got some cucumber salad in the fridge to go with it too, very yummy. He had brought in a couple cucumbers yesterday before heading to work and I sort of felt like it was time for me to have a few. He was horrified at the idea that his cucumbers had become something other than pickles. :lol:

IrishHeart Veteran

3-bean vegetarian chili

love2travel Mentor

Tonight I am making:

Plump Ricotta Gnocchi with Homemade Tomato and Basil Sauce

Deconstructed Caesar Salad

Fresh Blueberries - not making them into any dessert! :)

sora Community Regular

I made up some refried beans today and had that with some rice and a spinach salad and two peanut butter cookies.

~**caselynn**~ Enthusiast

Tonight I'm thinking ice cream! Who needs to cook when it's do humid out lol ?

IrishHeart Veteran

Pasta Puttanesca

(I have always loved the story behind this dish) ;)

It's full of bold flavors. The tomatoes, basil, & parsley from my garden...and ripe greek olives, garlic, EVOO, capers, anchovies...I do not even cook my sauce..it marinates in a bowl on the counter for a n hour or so. Just cook up the pasta and toss...outrageous.

love2travel Mentor

Pasta Puttanesca

(I have always loved the story behind this dish) ;)

Me, too. There are so many stories behind dishes - I love reading about them as well as food culture and history. It makes ingredients even more exciting than they already are! :D

love2travel Mentor

Simple:

Vichyssoise Soup with Pumpkinseed Oil (served hot as it is cool out)

Beet and Mustard Greens and Arugula Salad with Sheep Cheese, Roasted Garlic Lemon Vinaigrette, Toasted Almonds and Spicy Pepitas

IrishHeart Veteran

Me, too. There are so many stories behind dishes - I love reading about them as well as food culture and history. It makes ingredients even more exciting than they already are! :D

exciting is one word. :lol: :lol:

should I "spill"??

the only caveat I have is....this sauce does not need to be cooked!! That ruins all the fresh flavors.

mushroom Proficient

Like Imam Bayiildi - "the priest fainted" at the deliciousness of the eggplant dish :D I used to enjoy making that in my tomato-eating days.

love2travel Mentor

exciting is one word. :lol: :lol:

should I "spill"??

the only caveat I have is....this sauce does not need to be cooked!! That ruins all the fresh flavors.

Exciting, thrilling, intoxicating... :lol:

I think you should keep everyone hanging for a bit. Let 'em sweat it. :P

love2travel Mentor

Like Imam Bayiildi - "the priest fainted" at the deliciousness of the eggplant dish :D I used to enjoy making that in my tomato-eating days.

Exactly! Sorry you cannot have it. :(

IrishHeart Veteran

sorry, Shroomie.... :(

I just got my tomato-and--citrus and -spicy foods--eating ability back after 3+ years.

love2travel Mentor

Roast Leg of Lamb with Moroccan Spices

Saffron and Apricot Moroccan Rice

Steamed Green Beans with Spicy Chipotle Butter