• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Subscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsSubscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter   What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet What if my doctor won't listen to me? An Open Letter to Skeptical Health Care Practitioners Gluten-Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes
3 3
jess_gf

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

Rate this topic

I made london broil, carrots and the gluten free rice a roni recipe that I saw in a thread earlier.

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

Roasted Venison Tenderloin (medium rare, of course!) with Cherry Gastrique

Smoked Apple Cheddar Polenta Cakes

Succotash

Yesterday I made a pork tenderloin. Today I threw a roast in the crock pot. Tomorrow and Monday I'm on strike!

Halibut en papillotte with white wine, lemon juice, capers, oven-roasted tomatoes, baby potatoes and tiny green beans.

Greens with Fresh Cherries, Prosciutto and Light Creamy Dijon Vinaigrette

Onion omelet spiced with nutmeg. Or as I call it: whatever it's on the cupboard omelet.

Chanterelle and Hen of the Woods Ragout with Sherry Glaze on Creamy Parmesan Polenta

Steamed Green Beans (probably the last of the year from the garden :( )

Stuffed Roasted Poblano Pepper Rioja with Fresh Sheep's Cheese (stuffed with ground beef, seasoning, secured with toothpicks and braised in beef stock)

Lime Broccoli Slaw

Well, I tried ADALAIDE's famous root beer pulled pork :) and it was such a huge hit!!---and it made so much--that we're having the "encore" tonight in those "Against the Grain" baguettes that I toast up with a garlic oil rub.

I add carmelized onions to the pork sammies, too.

Add the neighboring farmer's corn on the cob. Yum, yum.

And because they are coming out our ears, :lol: sliced tomatoes.

Love2 !

I think I am going to try the roasting & freezing of the tomatoes I told you about--I have given away boxes to the local gluten-free cafe and family members and we still have so many. Got lucky this year.

I wouldn't call it famous, but it sure is tasty! I keep almost talking myself into it again... as if that's difficult. Against the Grain baguettes? I'll have to try those, I've struggled with finding a bread or bun that makes me happy, but frankly am so satisfied that I don't care if I have to put it on rice.

I'm slacking this year, I've hardly had any fresh corn at all. It's so much more expensive than last year! I know why, but it still really just grates on me to pay so much for it.

For the first time in almost two weeks I was feeling up to actual cooking again tonight so I made some arepas. Yay! Burgers on arepas with curly fries and green beans. It isn't fancy but it sure is summery and delicious.

I solar cooked some butternut squash with Indian spices. I think I'll have a sundae now.

Peking Duck (labour intensive but it is a labour of love!)

Wild Chanterelle and Porcini Risotto

Japanese Cucumber Salad

Vietnamese Wide Rice Noodles with Ham, Shiitakes and Bean Sprouts (using the shiitake broth in the sauce)

Steamed Broccoli

Couscous with honey and cinnamon, with slightly blended cashew nuts. Yum.

Hon, I am guessing you mean "a mock couscous" made from quinoa, right?

(some people may read this and gasp ..or faint. :lol: )

Most people think of couscous as being made from semolina---i.e wheat.

Pasta and meatballs--the "recipe" I saw my grandmother make a million times :) The only difference is Tynkayda pasta and fresh breadcrumbs from my GFP French bread.

COSCOUS NOT GLUTEN FREE.

You might want to check these lists of safe and un safe foods.

http://www.celiac.com/categories/Safe-Gluten%252dFree-Food-List-%7B47%7D-Unsafe-Foods-%26amp%3B-Ingredients/

Pork loin, mac & cheese and I'm sure I'll think of a veggie to add by the time it's time to throw one on the stove. My doctor told me as long as I'm staying symptom free I'm allowed a little of my tyramine foods so I'm having my mac & cheese with cheddar today yay!

Hey people, calm down. I made the couscous with corn. People do it with corn where I live.

Talking about corn, I just made a corn cake, with chocolate frosting.

Hey people, calm down. I made the couscous with corn. People do it with corn where I live.

Talking about corn, I just made a corn cake, with chocolate frosting.

Whew! What a relief!

How do you make it with corn?

Whew! What a relief!

How do you make it with corn?

Just plain corn meal on the couscoussier, for twenty minutes, I think. It's so popular and common around here I am seriously finding out now there's couscous made with wheat. :blink:

One time, I talked about my "rye bread" recipe on here and it caused a bit of alarm...it was mock rye, of course, but some newbies reading the thread may not know, so we just checked to make sure. :D

Corn couscous is not mentioned often around here. Maybe you could share the recipe on the recipe thread?

Thanks!