This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

love2travel Mentor

Potato wedges fries in duck fat, sprinkled with fleur de sel and parsley

Creamy shrimp salad

Roasted cauliflower with scallions and fresh ginger sauce

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

sora Community Regular

Shepherds pie and broccoli.

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

Cheeseburger Chowder

sora Community Regular

Steak on the BBQ, steamed new potatoes and steamed green beans and mushrooms sauteed in butter.

love2travel Mentor

Last night we had:

Grilled Cumberland Sausages (local) with Caramelized Onions

Parmesan Mash

Steamed Green Beans

And tonight:

Tamarind Glazed Lamb Ribs

Roasted Herbed Potato Wedges

Steamed Broccoli

IrishHeart Veteran

I love lamb (slurp) but you know this already, LOVE2

Today is Friday and I'm feeling more human again, so

I think it's time for pesto pizza....yaaay!!! (hands clapping)

To SORA:

LOVE the new avatar!! and I totally agree.

I am pretending to be a functioning adult right now...good lawd, where's my brain at? Did you see my brain? (I'm talking to the cat....)

Bloody gluten :angry:

Adalaide Mentor

I can't blame gluten for my problems IH but I am totally feeling your pain. (((hugs))) I'm resenting being a girl today and frankly there is just no way in hell I'm cooking. I threw some buffalo chicken dip together into my baby crock pot and frankly if hubby doesn't like it he can figure out his own dinner. I've never made it before but I know I'll love it. I'm just masochistic enough today to torture myself some more with something spicy, I already feel like hell... I may as well pile it on by taking off the roof of my mouth and throwing in some heartburn.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

IrishHeart Veteran

I can't blame gluten for my problems IH but I am totally feeling your pain. (((hugs))) I'm resenting being a girl today and frankly there is just no way in hell I'm cooking. I threw some buffalo chicken dip together into my baby crock pot and frankly if hubby doesn't like it he can figure out his own dinner. I've never made it before but I know I'll love it. I'm just masochistic enough today to torture myself some more with something spicy, I already feel like hell... I may as well pile it on by taking off the roof of my mouth and throwing in some heartburn.

((hugs)) I have to say, I do not miss the "reason why we may resent being a girl."

And as always, I love you madly-- for making me laugh. :D

If this chicken dish works out, you need to share this recipe too! Your crock pot pulled pork in root beer??---still has everybody talking!

Feel better, hon...and tell hubs to stay out of your way.... :ph34r:

ooh man, I am thinking MIL better not wander into the kitchen right now....

love2travel Mentor

I love that you write like you speak, conversationally. It's cute.

But the resenting feeling like a girl bit sure isn't cute. I, too, am dealing with the same resentment and am cranky about it. Downright cantankerous. This morning I warned my husband NOT to bug me. At all. Not today or tomorrow. At least. You just never know what I might do! :angry:

Anyway, your post made me laugh out loud. :P

love2travel Mentor

((hugs)) I have to say, I do not miss the "reason why we may resent being a girl."

And as always, I love you madly-- for making me laugh. :D

If this chicken dish works out, you need to share this recipe too! Your crock pot pulled pork in root beer??---still has everybody talking!

Feel better, hon...and tell hubs to stay out of your way.... :ph34r:

ooh man, I am thinking MIL better not wander into the kitchen right now....

OK - where is this recipe for pulled pork in root beer? Inquiring minds need to know!

Adalaide Mentor

Haha, I always warn my husband. If he wants to stay happily married we need to spend a day or two a month not speaking to each other.

Anyway, the pulled pork isn't really a recipe, it's more of a guideline. You need whatever pork roast makes you happy, I tend to buy whatever is cheapest, and some root beer and some BBQ sauce. The root beer is important. You need a whole 2 liter bottle and it absolutely must not be diet. I buy something made and bottled at a local place which probably has enough sugar to put an elephant into a diabetic coma. This is the sort of thing you're looking for. Cover the pork with root beer in a crock pot and cook until you remember you were making dinner, usually 6-12 hours. Shred, and throw out the nasty root beer. I throw it back in the pot with BBQ sauce and heat until toasty warm. I usually use Sweet Baby Ray's because it's easy and I know it's safe but sometimes I get adventurous and try something new. It is best enjoyed with additional root beer.

sora Community Regular

I love lamb (slurp) but you know this already, LOVE2

Today is Friday and I'm feeling more human again, so

I think it's time for pesto pizza....yaaay!!! (hands clapping)

To SORA:

LOVE the new avatar!! and I totally agree.

I am pretending to be a functioning adult right now...good lawd, where's my brain at? Did you see my brain? (I'm talking to the cat....)

Bloody gluten :angry:

Thanks Irish. :)

sora Community Regular

Tonight I want baked pork ribs with sauerkraut but I need to get my butt out the door. Otherwise, chicken.

love2travel Mentor

Pinto bean soup with mulato chiles over rice with fresh sheep's cheese on top.

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

LAst night was barbecue sauce baked chicken thighs with salad and baked sweet potatos. And then taco dip before bed. Never understood how other people sleep hungry....

Adalaide Mentor

LAst night was barbecue sauce baked chicken thighs with salad and baked sweet potatos. And then taco dip before bed. Never understood how other people sleep hungry....

omg I know! In my Grammy's house it was the normal practice to have a bowl of cereal before bed. This took care of all of the hungrys, thirstys, etc and got people off without a hitch. I may have only spent a night a week there but to this day I always snack before bed and it is commonly cereal. If I go to bed without a snack I'll wake up with my stomach gnawing on my spine in retribution. :lol:

sora Community Regular

Bannock Tacos.

dcns65 Apprentice

Roast Pork, roasted potatoes and acorn squash. Perfect dinner for the first fallish day of the year!

IrishHeart Veteran

omg I know! In my Grammy's house it was the normal practice to have a bowl of cereal before bed. This took care of all of the hungrys, thirstys, etc and got people off without a hitch. I may have only spent a night a week there but to this day I always snack before bed and it is commonly cereal. If I go to bed without a snack I'll wake up with my stomach gnawing on my spine in retribution. :lol:

Sweet! ;)

In my Grammy's house, it was ice cream. A beautiful memory! I slept in a big brass bed there and looked out a small window at the night sky and see the moon and my Auntie (who lived with my Grams) would tell me..."see the moon, honey? well, every time you look up and see it---just know I love you."

cool, huh?

Dinner tonight, and appropriately, in her honor ...Armenian Pizza. It's called Lamejun and it's something I have worked on so I can enjoy it once more.

meat pie, made with ground lamb, peppers, tomatoes, garlic, etc.

IrishHeart Veteran

Bannock Tacos.

what's "Bannock " tacos, honey? I am curious :)

sora Community Regular

what's "Bannock " tacos, honey? I am curious :)

Bannock is Indian Fry Bread. You slice them in half and put anything "taco" on them.

I posted a recipe for Bannock about a week ago.

IrishHeart Veteran

Bannock is Indian Fry Bread. You slice them in half and put anything "taco" on them.

I posted a recipe for Bannock about a week ago.

No wonder I am lost. A week ago, as you know, I was in Gluten Head Hell... :huh:

thanks, I'll take a look. ;)

come dance with me Enthusiast

No idea what we'll have tonight, something that will feed 6 of us lol. I have 4 kids here tonight, and thinking chickpea curry (mild) with rice.

Adalaide Mentor

I never heard of that called bannock tacos before. My girlfriend always called it Navajo tacos but I suppose maybe being Navajo gave her a bias? :lol: I wish I had taken her up on her offer of learning to make the bread sometime before she moved away, I still kick myself over that one.

My caring husband shared his cold with me this weekend so he got to be in charge of supper more or less. We had chicken tacos. I can't believe that I'm finally at a point where I practically, almost trust someone else with my food. Although I sort of supervised a little from inside my pounding head.

sora Community Regular

I never heard of that called bannock tacos before. My girlfriend always called it Navajo tacos but I suppose maybe being Navajo gave her a bias? :lol: I wish I had taken her up on her offer of learning to make the bread sometime before she moved away, I still kick myself over that one.

My caring husband shared his cold with me this weekend so he got to be in charge of supper more or less. We had chicken tacos. I can't believe that I'm finally at a point where I practically, almost trust someone else with my food. Although I sort of supervised a little from inside my pounding head.

Around here they call them Indian Tacos or Bannock Tacos and they sell them at all the Pow Wows.

I posted a recipe for the fried version but there is a baked version, just do a search.