This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

sora Community Regular

Tonight was a pasta bake with fresh veg on the side.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

LAst night- homefries w onions and ground beef mixed up with sour cream and diced avocado all spiced up. Tonight, chicken and green beans! And potato chips...

love2travel Mentor

Lemon Brined Sesame Chicken with Spicy Apricot Balsamic Glaze

Wide Cellophane Noodles with Soy Ginger Vinaigrette

Baja Slaw

sora Community Regular

We are going to attempt homemade corn dogs tonight. With some kind of salad on the side.

alex11602 Collaborator

My husband made me steak, home fries, broccoli and carrots for our anniversary tonight.

IrishHeart Veteran

My husband made me steak, home fries, broccoli and carrots for our anniversary tonight.

:wub:

How sweet. Happy Anniversary, Hon!!

Cheers!

We had BLTs ( we only have a few tomatoes left on the plants, but they are still yummy) on Against the Grain baguettes. Hubs had fresh corn from the nearby farm.

I had some giardiniera on the side. I was still full from lunch.

jerseyangel Proficient

Boneless pork chops with garlic, bacon risotto, and fresh Brussels sprouts. Went to Rita's and had chocolate custard for dessert:)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

sora Community Regular

I just finished freezing 34 bags of corn :blink: so we will have a late supper.

Thin crust pizza with Mozzarella, spinach and fresh basil.

Maybe some Ice Cream after.

jerseyangel Proficient

I just finished freezing 34 bags of corn :blink:

Somehow, even before I read on, I had a feeling you wouldn't be serving corn tonight :D

Pizza sounds good--was going to do leftovers but I think pizza instead. A white one with lots of cheese and garlic.

IrishHeart Veteran

I just finished freezing 34 bags of corn :blink: so we will have a late supper.

Thin crust pizza with Mozzarella, spinach and fresh basil.

:lol: Patti and I posted simultaneously.

34 bags? holymotherofpearl. :blink: That's a lot of work. Good for you!

I'm with you guys. Chebe pizza with bacon, fresh tomatoes, fresh julienned basil, 3 cheeses (mozz, shaved parm and smoked provolone) and carmelized onions.

***I should add: This pizza is for the hubs only. I have gone wholefoods/paleo for a month on a dare.

Persei V. Enthusiast

I tried to make those one banana two eggs pancake and ended up sick. And the pancakes were just awful because I could tell the taste of the banana from the taste of the eggs. Just perfect.

jerseyangel Proficient

Oven beef stew.

come dance with me Enthusiast

Sick as, and lacking creativity. We have salad things but it's come in a little cool at 19 today so not really a salad type of night, and she has salad on her sandwiches for school anyway. No idea lol. Maybe a stew of some kind, we have mushrooms that need to be used, and 2 packs of tofu as well to get through. I like to use the contents of the fridge on a Monday so I can clean it Monday night then restock on a Tuesday. Yep, the OCD is showing lol.

love2travel Mentor

Tagliatelle with Melted Leeks and Shrimp

Roasted Swiss Chard with Garlic

Persei V. Enthusiast

Chicken breast, carrots and beet soup. With some brown rice thrown into the mix. A blessing to my empty and upset stomach.

jerseyangel Proficient

Lasagne! I haven't made it in a while and have a craving for it :)

sora Community Regular

I got a four pound hunk of beef today so cubed it and put it in the oven with beef stock, green pepper, onion and garlic and African seven spice and spoon of tomato paste. Cooked it two hours and it was delicious.

Steamed potatoes and fresh corn.

Lisa Mentor

Salmon prepared as below, with rice seasoned with chicken bullion and dried onion with butter, and asparagus. The salmon was, as always, WONDERFUL! Served for company. Sooo easy. Tomorrow, more company..grillin' out.

Ingredients

1 cup salted dry roasted pistachio nuts, chopped

1/2 cup packed brown sugar

3 Tbsp. lemon juice

1 tsp. dried dillweed

1 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper

6 6-oz. skinless salmon fillets

Directions

1Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. In a small bowl combine pistachio nuts, brown sugar, lemon juice, dill weed, and pepper; set aside.

2Place salmon fillets in a greased, foil-lined 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Measure thickness of fish. Spoon pistachio mixture evenly on each fillet. Gently press in place to form a crust.

3Bake for 6 to 8 minutes for each 1/2-inch thickness of fish or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.

love2travel Mentor

Mexican night! We are having:

Marinated Steak (Corn) Tacos (with chimmichurri marinade) with fixings:

- Homemade Tomatillo Salsa

- Homemade Tomato Salsa

- Pickled Red Onions

Unsure of which side yet.

love2travel Mentor

Tomato and Barlotti Bean Ragout on Creamy Polenta

Roasted Swiss Chard

IrishHeart Veteran

Tomato and Barlotti Bean Ragout on Creamy Polenta

Roasted Swiss Chard

Girl, I still drool with every post you make. I LOVE swiss chard.

;) (and I love you, kiddo.)xxoo

so, tonight, I tried GFreeinMO's homemade sausage patties and I will send her a PM to tell her that she nailed that one big time!

yowzers!

Our apple trees are bearing so much fruit and the addition of the apple to a local farmer's hand ground sausage?

well, YUM, YUM, YUM!

We also had his sweet corn and I made some fresh apple sauce.

alex11602 Collaborator

Breakfast for dinner...pumpkin pancakes and bacon! Plus a bite of the pumpkin muffins that I made for tomorrow morning.

shadowicewolf Proficient

Something light since i'm getting over a stomach bug :(

Ground serlion with onions and cabbage, stewed, some salt, peper, and brown sugar. Served with this was rice.

Perhaps i should have kept to the BRAT diet for another day -sigh-

IrishHeart Veteran

Perhaps i should have kept to the BRAT diet for another day -sigh-

Hope you feel better soon!

I am going to try Peter and Kelli Bronski's Bison Chili recipe tonight.

shadowicewolf Proficient

Stewed apples. I was going to skin them, but my motor skills weren't on my side today, So skinned stewed apples it is. Hopefully, it doesn't come back to bite me.

If i get hungery later i might eat a corn tortilla with a tad bit of peanut butter (enough to take the taste away).